Economy stonks v25, return of the fedi

So tomorrow we give back half+ of these gains. Everything up everything down. Makes sense

Nah man TSLA is an easy double from here because they have electric cars and will have robot slaves for us by 2075 <Lmaoo>

Preaching to the wrong person honestly. Agree to disagree on Tesla. I think macro is more messed up than people realize, Fed is going to have to hike quite a bit more into an earnings recession with tons of geopolitical risks.

Tesla I believe will become the most valuable company in the world whether they make a robot or not. What they are doing with electric cars and battery storage will get them there.

Preaching to the wrong person honestly. Agree to disagree on Tesla. I think macro is more messed up than people realize, Fed is going to have to hike quite a bit more into an earnings recession with tons of geopolitical risks.

Tesla I believe will become the most valuable company in the world whether they make a robot or not. What they are doing with electric cars and battery storage will get them there.
Just to be clear: I was joking; I'm not sure what you're saying w/ regard to TSLA here.

Just to be clear: I was joking; I'm not sure what you're saying w/ regard to TSLA here.

I know you are joking, I am just saying I am actually one of those people who believe Tesla will be the largest company.

Banked some profit on this run. Just sitting here like eh “now what”. I want to load in SQQQ but not comfortable until low 30s. I’ll probably scoop up near $35.
This rally is insane considering a 8.5% print. Not rational tbh

Banked some profit on this run. Just sitting here like eh “now what”. I want to load in SQQQ but not comfortable until low 30s. I’ll probably scoop up near $35.
This rally is insane considering a 8.5% print. Not rational tbh
Rational? Bear market is over while we're in a recession with ludicrous inflation, just ride the wave.

<JagsKiddingMe>

lolz @ musk/tsla

whatever.

Rational? Bear market is over while we're in a recession with ludicrous inflation, just ride the wave.

<JagsKiddingMe>

to be fair, this could be mostly behind us/the worst is over with, which could be quasi-tailwindy.

not like the govt's going to let some nonprofit declare we are/were in a recession, despite 2 quarters of negative gdp proving it.

lol NVTA and PACB ones I'd mentioned before going divergent and memed up now.

$ML raised revenue guidance and another earnings beat. Added a million customers.
Just trimmed some. The SPAC I owned at 10+ a share before it became $ML and watch it free fall. I bought that fucker down to 1.80 but ended up having a shit load of shares and a lot of capital invested.
It could have been a big L and would have stung if I was wrong, but I believed and it paid off. Going to Sizzler for lunch.

$ML raised revenue guidance and another earnings beat. Added a million customers.
Just trimmed some. The SPAC I owned at 10+ a share before it became $ML and watch it free fall. I bought that fucker down to 1.80 but ended up having a shit load of shares and a lot of capital invested.
It could have been a big L and would have stung if I was wrong, but I believed and it paid off. Going to Sizzler for lunch.

i just have a dumb spread of 5c/-7.5c 1/2023 that's probably fucked.

from like january.

i had bought some shares at like 1.20 or something but dumped at 1.80. oops

lolz @ musk/tsla

whatever.

to be fair, this could be mostly behind us/the worst is over with, which could be quasi-tailwindy.

not like the govt's going to let some nonprofit declare we are/were in a recession, despite 2 quarters of negative gdp proving it.
Yeah, but the pump from the last 3 1/2 weeks is pretty aggressive, and not exactly the sustainable climb out you'd expect. We'll see if there's another rug pull coming.

tight just caught a scalp on the NYT off Valueact having huge stake

Shocked to be losing money betting against grwoth; thought this would be the selloff, especially with U of Mich consumer sentiment data coming out hot (implying Fed keeps tightening).

Last edited:
there's always another rug pull, it's just a question of when and what range.

I would be shocked to see the S&P getting past the 4400s, 4300's is as high as I am expecting. It's a good time to short imo. I imagine this time in September we would have already started the reversal.

I'm following my historical trend of outperforming the market when it is down or flat. I'm down about 3% YTD now. S&P is down like 11-12% or so right now.

Feels good to beat the S&P 500 again; nevertheless, at the end of the day I'm still down 3% for the year. :(

Shocked to be losing money betting against grwoth; thought this would be the selloff, especially with U of Mich consumer sentiment data coming out hot (implying Fed keeps tightening).

People are adding more debt to their credit cards!

This is great for the economy along with the raising of rates!

Wonderful

I would be shocked to see the S&P getting past the 4400s, 4300's is as high as I am expecting. It's a good time to short imo. I imagine this time in September we would have already started the reversal.

maybe.

it's also possible we're in smooth sailing. the inflation that wasn't due to shitty monetary policy/govt spending was largely due to supply side constraints (some artificial, re: covid). these appear to be mostly easing tremendously... aside from energy, which is a crapshoot and inconsistent. and it was the primary objection to rate hikes (that rate hikes can't really affect supply issues [of course, i understand that supply and demand are linked and that hurting demand does basically the same thing... but arguably, a double-whammy] - leaving it pointless, at best, and punishing, at worst) - and that inflation will only truly cede when the supply-side issues recover/correct.

funny enough, this seems to have been forgotten this week. cnbc/bloomberg/internet seem to just be bearish as fuck and spinning only that the markets have it all wrong.

so i dunno. as usual, i'm kinda in the middle. i think the bears have been greedy/a little nuts and i think the markets are weird. but i'm also holding all kinds of shit that's been punished for kicking ass. which makes no sense. all in all, i think most (seriously. most) individual stocks are mispriced - and a lot of them are horribly mispriced. in each direction. some seem retardedly overvalued and some are stupidly undervalued. i wish i had the funds to play all of them with volume...

i know that the market's chock full of tards/funds/etc that ~only care about indexes and i think it's kind of a huge problem. but i guess that's another story, albeit related.

edit: that said, it's also possible that the stupid anti-inflation bill/law (that looks inflationary. [tax credits encourage buying] thanks, retard govt!)/people thinking no recession/etc will give inflation a new leg up.

Last edited:
Back