Stonk Market Chat v5: We miss you @JonesBones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great day for SPWR. Wasn't in it.
Oil Co. Total took a stake

today was a great day for seemingly everything. good lord, i thought i was killing it until i saw some of the numbers on enphase/spce/etc. haha.

re: gambling guy - this is basically the way i 'lose' - ie: spwr took off WAY more than i expected (like @brackis1 mentioned), so i'll... merely profit nicely and quickly, instead of maximizing it. i figured $10 calls would be safe this (shortened) week. it took one day. hahaha

edit: and i'm pissy about groupon. i want to play both sides as it looks to be in a super profitable range... but that reverse split would likely ruin all my fun. i guess i have until june, though... so maybe i'll start playing with that tomorrow.

Plug was 5.22 at 9:45 this morning and got up to 6.14 after hours today

yeah. i wish i jumped on it earlier (probably would have bought ~500 shares and a few calls), but the dumb leap i bought is up. haha.

yeah. i wish i jumped on it earlier (probably would have bought ~500 shares and a few calls), but the dumb leap i bought is up. haha.
Everytime is went under 4 I bought another 100 shares. Right now they are about 50% of my stock portfolio. I have mutual funds but don't count them with my stock money, those are for retirement and I add the maximum every year for taxes. The stocks are for making money and playing.

Everytime is went under 4 I bought another 100 shares. Right now they are about 50% of my stock portfolio. I have mutual funds but don't count them with my stock money, those are for retirement and I add the maximum every year for taxes. The stocks are for making money and playing.
Jesus dude take some profit lol

Jesus dude take some profit lol
I believe in this stock. I think its not done exploding. Amazon is buying their fuel cells from them, so with all the forklifts Amazon has, PLUG will start making some money.
I do have a problem with holding them too long. I broke that habit, I got other ones if I get 10 to 20% I sell. I play around with a lot of Pharma stocks and those under 10 dollars I am looking for 10 to 20% and then selling. I got some stocks with dividends that I am holding for the dividends. I have done well on GE. I love their CEO, he is cutting the non performing departments and has made good decision after good decision. They got screwed somewhat with Boeing but are doing well after that fallout. One of the ones with dividends I have held way too long is NOBL. They might start making money again, but they are currently too spread out, and some of their gas claims are being held up by foreign governments.

Welp got starched on my Dominos short. Gonna short the top like last time they pumped their shit on CNBC

Luckily my ASNA rooooared up on closing Dressbarn 30%!!!!

all my retard plays have been paying off.

my sensible plays less so. so i bought some grpn. haha

Aaand Nutman today is why you take some profits lol

fo'real.

i was planning on just being lazy and letting shit expire tomorrow. now i'm closing contracts just to free up cash to make moves on these dips. don't know why it's happening, but thanks!

CRUSHED Dropbox. That FB board announcement was the flag I needed.

I can't believe I'm UP on a day where I shorted DPZ and Stamps rofl.

CRUSHED Dropbox. That FB board announcement was the flag I needed.

i was debating making a move on FSLR (earnings now) but then i didn't. helpful post, i know.

edit: since this post is already dumb, might as well double down on the idiocy

And PLEASE, if your performance is so much better than the S&P 500, post your track record so we can all see your geniu$ level investing skillZ.

golly, if only i made as much as the market

b4FThlv.jpg

Last edited:
Welp got starched on my Dominos short. Gonna short the top like last time they pumped their shit on CNBC

Luckily my ASNA rooooared up on closing Dressbarn 30%!!!!
Were you thinking that the quarterly earnings were going to not meet expectations for Dominos? How much time left on your options?

Were you thinking that the quarterly earnings were going to not meet expectations for Dominos? How much time left on your options?
I was straight short.
I figured their guidance and future was mixed to down based on the fact so many other foods can now be delivered and well, junk pizza is junk pizza and they had a huge valuation. I thought the upside beat risk was maybe 10% at best; this 25% is retarded and I'll prolly short it again like last earnings when this same shit happened and then it bled back.

i was debating making a move on FSLR (earnings now) but then i didn't.

lolzturtle.gif
lolzturtle.gif
lolzturtle.gif
lolzturtle.gif

i'm going to r8 that 4 turtles /5

funnier still, this will probably give me another entry to wheel around $spwr

8hNznf6.jpg

Funny you say that.
I watched PLUG, plunge. Went through and said any stock up 20% that does not pay dividends is getting sold. I sold OGEN which is a small bio pharma company. I got CKPT at +18% from the beginning of the year, but they are in the last stage of clinical testing and from the information I got it looks good, so might hold on to that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back