stokked: broke the 6 minute mile

vern_Fonk

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i graduated hs about 4 yrs ago and the last time i ran a fairly fast 1 mile was a 1.5 mile run that i finished in about 9 minutes in grade 12.
since then ive been slacking off and at times gone a year plus without running a full mile. about 3.5 weeks ago i started up again and at first i had trouble finishing 1.5 miles. now 3 weeks later, i managed to finish 4 miles and today just to see whether i could, i went all out and after nearly puking, checked my watch at the end and was surprised to see that i had broken the 6 minute mile at 5;50. i am so happy since i haven't had this kind of stamina since high school (through sports like soccer /field hockey) and really gave me a motivation to aim for 4 miles in under 28 minutes. i guess the stamina was always there, and it just laid dormant after high school just waiting to be trained again.
after the run, i was mischievously grinning like an evil rapist and it felt great because if people saw my shit eating grin, they'd wonder what was so funny, but only i knew, and i felt ecstatic. just wanted to share. feel free to flame me :icon_chee

btw, anyone else having trouble starting threads? it seems the only way to start one for me is to place an icon in the title.

Good job

Slowly slowly catchy monkey

just did 6.29 myself....looking to improve a minute on that in the months to come

I always break 6 minutes in the Stokke -_-
Problem is I'm trying to increase my time, not lower it.

just did 6.29 myself....looking to improve a minute on that in the months to come

What's your training protocal?

I'm just interested in what someone else strategy might be

What's your training protocal?

I'm just interested in what someone else strategy might be

well i workout really hard, but recently instead of doing reps of 8-10, now im doing 10-15......especially with leg workouts, im going a lot less heavy now with more reps......Ive also taken a break from playing racquetball(quick burst of speed) and got back into basketbal where a lil more endurance is needed.....i run on the machines 3 times a week and i run 3 miles at level 8..........and finally every sunday i go to the track and run the mile, and i hope it improves.....i started 1 month ago at 7.05....and just did 6.29 so its some improvement

well i workout really hard, but recently instead of doing reps of 8-10, now im doing 10-15......especially with leg workouts, im going a lot less heavy now with more reps......Ive also taken a break from playing racquetball(quick burst of speed) and got back into basketbal where a lil more endurance is needed.....i run on the machines 3 times a week and i run 3 miles at level 8..........and finally every sunday i go to the track and run the mile, and i hope it improves.....i started 1 month ago at 7.05....and just did 6.29 so its some improvement

Just started running on a track?

Back