Economy Stock market chat v4: Planet Fitness downgraded by rogues.

Any of you guys in here actually making real money, or you guys just buying shares instead of options?

Bonesy seems to have run off. Hope these stay alive.

I just gambled my way into some AIMT on this peanut butter allergy treatment getting approval.

Last edited:
Bonesy seems to have run off. Hope these stay alive.

I just gambled my way into some AIMT on this peanut butter allergy treatment getting approval.
Ayyy already up 3% on this

Yikes my Bloom Energy shares got killed on ironically a short analyst calling for bankruptcy lol.
I should stick to my shorts haha. Gonna double down I think once the company comes out swinging.

bloom seemed retarded, imo. a "green energy" company that isn't really green and makes a product that's pretty stupid and far from efficient.

ie: actual green energy companies make more sense... and even fossil fuels make more sense.

i got fucked by robinhood not executing a limit order (sell) again. despite being substantially less than the SP of the time. i really need to get the hell away from robinhood.

i'm just spending today sniping a bunch of dumb smallcaps since it's apparently smallcap obliteration day.

bloom seemed retarded, imo. a "green energy" company that isn't really green and makes a product that's pretty stupid and far from efficient.

ie: actual green energy companies make more sense... and even fossil fuels make more sense.

i got fucked by robinhood not executing a limit order (sell) again. despite being substantially less than the SP of the time. i really need to get the hell away from robinhood.

i'm just spending today sniping a bunch of dumb smallcaps since it's apparently smallcap obliteration day.

I just joined...what don't u like about it? Are you a day trader?

I just joined...what don't u like about it? Are you a day trader?

it's pretty maddening. it's shit, but they keep adding features to make it better (and they have decent margin rates), so i keep sticking around... expecting to be able to LIFO a stock or two for long-term and see better execution.

but the execution is just shit. often orders time out/say "queued" at like 9:40am and sit for up to a couple minutes (like today) and then fail to execute. their level II data isn't comprehensive. often, orders won't appear in the book. their options trading is... wonky.

and i'm basically a day/swing trader.

it's pretty maddening. it's shit, but they keep adding features to make it better (and they have decent margin rates), so i keep sticking around... expecting to be able to LIFO a stock or two for long-term and see better execution.

but the execution is just shit. often orders time out/say "queued" at like 9:40am and sit for up to a couple minutes (like today) and then fail to execute. their level II data isn't comprehensive. often, orders won't appear in the book. their options trading is... wonky.

and i'm basically a day/swing trader.

I'm not experienced enough to fully get what you're saying but I purchased some shares yesterday at what I thought was the current price showing...it then said it was placing the order and it will be executed at the best price for the day??

Is it a bait and switch deal? Is there anyway to buy and sell instantly at advertised prices?

I'm not experienced enough to fully get what you're saying but I purchased some shares yesterday at what I thought was the current price showing...it then said it was placing the order and it will be executed at the best price for the day??

Is it a bait and switch deal? Is there anyway to buy and sell instantly at advertised prices?

I dont plan on day trading I'm just going to plant some money there above and beyond my retirement accounts and emergency fund. Maybe 5-10k per year with a mix heavy in mutual funds, some blue chip, some ipo, and a few gambles and hold mostly longterm.

@kahiljabroni

the listed price is generally an average between the bid/asks at the moment, so it can naturally be a little off. the more volume that's active, the more accurate that will be. you can also set limit orders, which are guaranteed to only execute at the price (or better) that you set.

rh isn't bait ans switch, i think they're just over their head and haven't gotten around to running smoothly yet. that's kind of the problem and why i haven't left them yet. i (stupidly?) have confidence in them. the problem is that i have no idea just how long it'll be before they have their shit together.

but they have free commissions and cheapish margin, at least.

fed speculation?

i'm guessing .25 cut. which was the safe bet, a few days ago... the market seems to be guessing no cut from the red i'm seeing so far...

fed speculation?

i'm guessing .25 cut. which was the safe bet, a few days ago... the market seems to be guessing no cut from the red i'm seeing so far...
Agreed.

Got my CHWY short right
Nibbling at FDX on an XPO type reversal (XPO did this in Feb when they lost an amazon contract, down 15% then recovered all of it in 2 weeks)
Buying some CLVS at the bottom

I closed my ROKU short too soon and re-entering.
There are now multiple free and/or competitor boxes, making their ability to expand now pretty unlikely.

Agreed.

Got my CHWY short right
Nibbling at FDX on an XPO type reversal (XPO did this in Feb when they lost an amazon contract, down 15% then recovered all of it in 2 weeks)
Buying some CLVS at the bottom

I closed my ROKU short too soon and re-entering.
There are now multiple free and/or competitor boxes, making their ability to expand now pretty unlikely.

i sold chewy an hourish before earnings, did not think they'd beat/figured even if they beat the price would drop, anyway. ie: recent IPOs. but i was happy to buy it back @ $2 less today. will actually try to hold onto this, since i actually like chewy a lot and my gf uses them something like once/week.

i never understood the roku boom, to begin with. thought everyone was crazy. still do. haha.

i sold chewy an hourish before earnings, did not think they'd beat/figured even if they beat the price would drop, anyway. ie: recent IPOs. but i was happy to buy it back @ $2 less today. will actually try to hold onto this, since i actually like chewy a lot and my gf uses them something like once/week.

i never understood the roku boom, to begin with. thought everyone was crazy. still do. haha.
I think it needs to bottom at 25-26 then I'm in.
Can justify 10+billion for a pet supplies co imo

I bought for a pre-earnings noob spike, then shorted once it was flat after.
Roku is a legit company and they were smart to flood the market with integrated devices before the competition, but now they've run way too far.
It's a 8-9billion buck company imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back