Economy Stock market chat v4: Planet Fitness downgraded by rogues.

i'm up a lot but kinda pissy, i think i fucked up a bunch of moves (i mean, i profited on all, but could have played better/made more). i tilted at 10:30ish and walked away for a bit. one of those weird days where i'm doing quite well but feel like i shouldn't be.

also, wtf @ amd's manipulation. can't tell if awful coincidence (exec's dumping their quarterly shares) or if someone is determined to keep it below $32 this week. 2 days in a row, the semi sector booms with amd (highest beta) not moving. and today's upward spike was killed by a massssssive dump that brought the SP from just above $32 down to 31.69 within seconds.

it was highly unusual yesterday. 2 days in a row, though... is supreme wtf.

Last edited:
i'm up a lot but kinda pissy, i think i fucked up a bunch of moves (i mean, i profited on all, but could have played better/made more). i tilted at 10:30ish and walked away for a bit. one of those weird days where i'm doing quite well but feel like i shouldn't be.

also, wtf @ amd's manipulation. can't tell if awful coincidence (exec's dumping their quarterly shares) or if someone is determined to keep it below $32 this week. 2 days in a row, the semi sector booms with amd (highest beta) not moving. and today's upward spike was killed by a massssssive dump that brought the SP from just above $32 down to 31.69 within seconds.

it was highly unusual yesterday. 2 days in a row, though... is supreme wtf.
What are you playing?

almost nothing atm, sold everything earlier except amd and nrz. nrz has a dividend in a couple weeks, so it should gain ~$1.

cashed in on gopro, groupon, amc, tlrd, ppl, aobc, and some tech/semis from tuesday

flipped vmware, ollie's, and a bunch of others i bought this morning.

i mean, i'm doing quite well, but i could have timed a lot of these better. gains are gains, i guess.

@brackis1

Jesus scalped my Slack way too soon.

yeah, going back up to/past $30 is insane. leave it to the green days and market madness...

edit: lolz @ crowdstrike. and how every freakin' ipo gets so overhyped. this will probably bounce back all retardedly, too.

made a tiny bit flipping zoom off it's bizarre drop. mostly out of boredom.

Last edited:
Jesus christ I really should have held my guns on Moneygram instead of waiting for a drop
Up another 10% today. Now up over 100% in a month
I've given up.

Having a wild hit and miss trying to value these tech stocks off earnings.
Liking Crowdstrike I think.

today's fuckin' weird.

this fed speech was ...typical. vague doublespeak.

bought/buying amd, zm, and picked up a whole 10 shares of crwd... debating if i want to make that 100 or not. clearly, no one knows how to value these recent IPOs. what i can't figure out if is so many thought zm/crwd were overvalued, why the fuck did they hold until earnings? it's kind of silly to beat on eps and raise guidance... and have the sp plummet. i mean, i'm not complaining. it's fucking funny/entertaining to see shorts like this. but it's just silly that so many gigantic banks can't figure out this shit before the IPO (with billions of their $ at stake) and then so many "analysts" can't figure shit out even months later.

Yeah very weird speech.

Ejected my MNK bankruptcy play too early. Made 10% but damn left 10% on table.

Jesus every tech/cloud stock is getting destroyed today

MISTAKES WERE MADE

closing evenish, i threw a few hundred away trying to find zoom's bottom.

UGGGHHHH I SOLD MY MNK AND THEN IT WENT UP 60% IN ONE DAY

STUPID, YOU'RE SOOO STUPID

i was happy just to cash out from crwd and zm after some meager gains (still a net loss on zoom so far). might jump back in to zoom later.

Thanks for that. It will be a number I keep will my eye on. I went to the site that gives the data:

The report was issued today by Timothy R. Fiore, CPSM, C.P.M., Chair of the Institute for Supply Management® (ISM®) Manufacturing Business Survey Committee: “The July PMI® registered 51.2 percent, a decrease of 0.5 percentage point from the June reading of 51.7 percent. The New Orders Index registered 50.8 percent, an increase of 0.8 percentage point from the June reading of 50 percent. The Production Index registered 50.8 percent, a 3.3-percentage point decrease compared to the June reading of 54.1 percent. The Employment Index registered 51.7 percent, a decrease of 2.8 percentage points from the June reading of 54.5 percent. The Supplier Deliveries Index registered 53.3 percent, a 2.6-percentage point increase from the June reading of 50.7 percent. The Inventories Index registered 49.5 percent, an increase of 0.4 percentage point from the June reading of 49.1 percent. The Prices Index registered 45.1 percent, a 2.8-percentage point decrease from the June reading of 47.9 percent.

“Comments from the panel reflect continued expanding business strength, but at soft levels. July was the fourth straight month of slowing PMI® expansion.

https://www.instituteforsupplymanagement.org/ismreport/mfgrob.cfm?SSO=1

I just went back to check after I saw Steve Eisman talking about it.
"The August PMI® registered 49.1 percent, a decrease of 2.1 percentage points from the July reading of 51.2 percent."
Here is the clip where it was mentioned:

STUPID, YOU'RE SOOO STUPID

i was happy just to cash out from crwd and zm after some meager gains (still a net loss on zoom so far). might jump back in to zoom later.

Yeah man between that, MGI, and DF, I've really let some huge wins slip away from me due to broad market fears.

holy shit TLRD just got clobbered from 7.5 to 4.5

holy shit TLRD just got clobbered from 7.5 to 4.5
and oddly over $5 now.

tlrd, always bringing the popcorn.

i've been on the sidelines, i thought everyone was insane for buying above $6... and then it went to $7.50. lolz.

they're getting rid of dividends and their q3 guidance is for ~.43 eps - imo, it's hilarious that the sp is above $4.

no idea if people are convinced the buyout rumour is true or wtf this quasi-rally is about.

Last edited:
and oddly over $5 now.

tlrd, always bringing the popcorn.

i've been on the sidelines, i thought everyone was insane for buying above $6... and then it went to $7.50. lolz.

they're getting rid of dividends and their q3 guidance is for ~.43 eps - imo, it's hilarious that the sp is above $4.

no idea if people are convinced the buyout rumour is true or wtf this quasi-rally is about.
I bought it at 4.8 after hours.
They're doing share repurchase program

Same shit happened to RYAM the other week. Was already beat to shit stock, cut their dividend and it tanked 40% after hours...now trades back above the pre-cut price a week later.

Back