Economy Stock market chat v4: Planet Fitness downgraded by rogues.

I'll buy some Oliie

chart.ashx

Damn I didn't get around to shorting McDermott. Down over 30% lol

so Beyond basically waived its lockout period. wall street did a great job pricing that one.

Wow Ring Central and Chegg crushing earnings.

Cramer is still baffled that Service Now is down. I'm gonna look into it. I am heavy into software right now. MSFT, CRM, Twilio, ESTC, Vmware, Yandex, Everbridge.

Chewy did good today. JNJ was strong.

Now Cramer is pumping Planet Fitness. Good. He said buy it.

Jesus why did I not buy some of that EXAS exact sciences bullshit knowing Cramer was gonna suck them off?
I took a look this morning it was down 10%, I told myself I'd wait till the close...was back to even. Managed to flip some after hours for 3% but still ;/

Tesla looks overvalued. I am gonna buy a call credit spread. Sell $240 call and buy $245 call. Or I could do bear put spread. Same thing. I need it to stay under $240 for maximum profit. It can go above it for a little while, as long as it comes back down again.

chart.ashx

PG: beats earnings, up 4.5%
MO: in-line with earnings, beats on revenue, down 4.5%. It was up pre-trading this morning.

WTF.

PG: beats earnings, up 4.5%
MO: in-line with earnings, beats on revenue, down 4.5%. It was up pre-trading this morning.

WTF.
Yeah very very odd day for earnings. I got destroyed on some stuff I thought was good, and won on some shit I thought I was wrong on.

Corning Glass. Makers of gorilla glass and other shit:

chart.ashx

pfizer is made out of glass too it seems.

chart.ashx

Last edited:
Yeah very very odd day for earnings. I got destroyed on some stuff I thought was good, and won on some shit I thought I was wrong on.

The reaction to a lot of these earnings reports blows my mind sometimes. A company does well, and gets shit on.

The reaction to a lot of these earnings reports blows my mind sometimes. A company does well, and gets shit on.

There has to be some algorithm that searches for key words and numbers to dump it on. I mean, everyone here can look at an earnings report and nobody will be able to predict what the stock will do after. Just like everything else. A narrative is only created after the fact.

We could have the earnings report in advance, before anyone else sees it, and still not decide what move to make on it. It would be useless to us.

Ollies in free fall. Around the levels it dropped to a few months ago. Let's see if it holds.

chart.ashx

it's usually due to bad guidance or risks of legal trouble. lots of politicians want to crack down on vaping now, so that's going to play a part. i didn't read MO's report, though.

MO will probably pick back up closer to their ex/eff date, as usual.

edit: this one's pretty clear. altria said their cigarette sales are declining rapidly.

it's usually due to bad guidance or risks of legal trouble. lots of politicians want to crack down on vaping now, so that's going to play a part. i didn't read MO's report, though.

MO will probably pick back up closer to their ex/eff date, as usual.

yes, they went from the frying pan to the fire going from tobacco to vaping. That industry was waiting to get a hammer dropped on it. Also, vaping cigarettes hardens your arteries and hurts your cardiovascular system as much as cigs. People focus on the lung issue but cardiovascular disease is being ignored.

Back