Economy Stock market chat v4: Planet Fitness downgraded by rogues.

Just bought Align at 205 and is already 200.

Grabbed some ALGN at 200
Jones you shouldn't go in and out on stocks like me cause end of year youll get hit with wash rule removals (aka, if any of these trades end up losing, you wont get the writeoff benefit until next year, making your capital gains basis artificially high for year).

mad my broker couldn't get me shares of Dillards up 2.5%...rejected my trade and then stock went to -2.5% for a 5% swing right after. :(((((((((((

Grabbed some ALGN at 200
Jones you shouldn't go in and out on stocks like me cause end of year youll get hit with wash rule removals (aka, if any of these trades end up losing, you wont get the writeoff benefit until next year, making your capital gains basis artificially high for year)

Yes, I am aware I am not being tax efficient. lol. I didn't know about that particular rule though. Thanks.

lolz. we're trying to maximize our capital gains taxes here.

I didn't even know what a Wash Sale was until a minute ago:

What Is the Wash-Sale Rule?
The wash-sale rule is an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulation established to prevent a taxpayer from taking a tax deduction for a security sold in a wash sale. The rule defines a wash sale as one that occurs when an individual sells or trades a security at a loss and, within 30 days before or after this sale, buys a “substantially identical” stock or security, or acquires a contract or option to do so. A wash sale also results if an individual sells a security, and the individual's spouse or a company controlled by the individual buys a substantially equivalent security.

Just bought Align at 205 and is already 200.

WTF...I was just telling my gf I had ALGN at like 10 back in 2007 after randomly checking it this weekend. Had no idea it was in the 300s.

:rustled:

I wanna buy one of these robot vacuum cleaners now that i own the stock. lol at the price. A thousand bucks plus. These guys are nuts.

These people have a cat hair problem:

Beyond meat at 215 now. Jesus.

chart.ashx

I wanna buy one of these robot vacuum cleaners now that i own the stock. lol at the price. A thousand bucks plus. These guys are nuts.

These people have a cat hair problem:

I just bought one on Prime Day for $200. There are many levels to it, and it's ridiculous to buy the high dollar ones. It would be nice to have the self emptying one, but really is it worth the extra $800 instead of taking 10 seconds and emptying it every day? Not to me.

Besides, I have an awesome Dyson for the heavy duty stuff.

Love how WSM is down nearly 4% today on.....zero news, even in the sector while BA is down the same amount after taking a massive hit due to their issues.

Love how WSM is down nearly 4% today on.....zero news, even in the sector while BA is down the same amount after taking a massive hit due to their issues.

netflix, they're a monster!

trite... you mean, like cliche?

not a cliche. just a bad joke. you're still gotten to about this cliche thing. That's fine. I'm ready to shit on you from every post here on out.

Back