Economy Stock market chat v3: Tesla crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one. I'm gonna short this. Classic squeeze.

I just made a ballsy landsend short and FOSL too.

I'm trimming, along with most other stuff. I don't trust this rally.

Also being squeezed is TSLA. All autos are up, but its up twice as much on no news.
Might have to double down.

This is a stock I am gonna get my dad and seems good. Decent dividend. These are the giants in store credit carts. Like how every store has their own credit card. They do it through Synchronicity. They recently lost a big customer to Capital One but still seem to own the space.

chart.ashx

Synchrony is the largest provider of private label credit cards in the U.S. The company provides private label credit cards for such brands as Amazon, Cathay Pacific, CheapOAir, OneTravel,[16] Lowe’s,[17]Guitar Center,[18] Gap,[19] BP,[20] Ashley HomeStores,[21] Discount Tire,[21] J.C. Penney, and P. C. Richard & Son.[21]

In 2019, Synchrony expanded its auto and home acceptance locations and value propositions.[22] Working with the Discover Network, the Synchrony HOME Credit Card can be used by consumers to finance their home needs at more than a million large, medium, and small retail locations nationwide. [23]Synchrony also increased its Car Care acceptance network to more than 500,000 locations across 25 categories including gas, auto parts and service, car washes, parking, and ride sharing. [24]

Synchrony has long counted some of the country’s biggest retailers as its partners, including TJX Cos., Gap Inc. and, yes, online giant Amazon.com Inc. Now, the credit-card issuer has set its sights on nabbing big partners outside traditional retail, such as airlines and car companies. It’s also expanding into new industries with its CareCredit arm, which offers point-of-sale financing at medical offices, veterinary clinics and day spas.

The decision to diversify comes at a crucial time: Last year, Walmart Inc. opted to move its co-brand and private-label credit card programs from Synchrony to Capital One Financial Corp. Meanwhile, store credit-card issuers are having to deal with upstart technology companies offering easy access to personal loans at checkout.

Store-card issuers are “now faced with more competition at the point of sale,” said Paul Siegfried, who leads the credit-card business at TransUnion. “It’s not just about the other credit cards in your wallet versus the private-label card. They’re now presenting another payment option to the consumer right there at the point of sale.”

This summer Synchrony will mark its fifth anniversary of going public, but its history can be traced back to the Great Depression, when its former parent, General Electric Co., created the unit to help Americans finance appliance purchases.

Seeking Partners

Since losing the relationship with Walmart last year, Synchrony has renewed agreements with three of its of largest card partners: Lowe’s Cos., J.C. Penney Co. and Walmart subsidiary Sam’s Club. PayPal Holdings Inc., meanwhile, has taken Walmart’s spot on the list of Synchrony’s five largest partners, based on interest and fees from loans.

CVS gonna be a heath clinic now. Everything from respiratory therapy to bloodwork to fixing your teeth

Get ready for less retail floor space and more room for health care services at one of your local CVS stores.

CVS Health is poised to expand a concept store focused on health care to 1,500 locations by the end of 2021, the company said Tuesday.

The drugstore chain launched the concept store, called HealthHUB, in the Houston area earlier this year.

The premise stems from the company's effort to reduce its reliance on sales of retail goods and increase its commitment to health care services. The company recently closed 46 struggling stores as it competes with Amazon and other retail rivals for customers.

It's also reducing floor space for slow-selling items like greeting cards and adding space in hundreds of stores for teeth-straightening service SmileDirectClub.

At the HealthHUBs, more than 20% of the floor space is devoted to health care services like wellness and personalized care.

For example, HealthHUB stores have space for yoga classes and extra room for CVS Minute nurse practitioners to perform services such as phlebotomy, diabetic screening and sleep apnea assessment.

So many people don't understand the ending of Trading Places. I didn't until somewhat recently. I had a general idea but didn't totally know the process.

These guys were just on CNBC. Only public refrigeration company. Good business with more things being delivered.

Americold is the world's largest publicly traded REIT focused on the ownership, operation and development of temperature-controlled warehouses. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 179 temperature-controlled warehouses, with over 1 billion refrigerated cubic feet of storage, in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and Argentina. Americold's facilities are an integral component of the supply chain connecting food producers, processors, distributors and retailers to consumers.

chart.ashx

All the shitty 90s companies are ripping today:
Fossil Watches 12%, Lands End 12%

i mean, i could brag. but i just read about how down some people are, so...

plus, i'm kind of hoping for a "correction" tomorrow/thurs so i can buy back in.

honestly, i don't really understand the market today.

i mean, i could brag. but i just read about how down some people are, so...

plus, i'm kind of hoping for a "correction" tomorrow/thurs so i can buy back in.

honestly, i don't really understand the market today.
I mean we all win and lose; sharing those is interesting.
I just got totally slaughtered on a small PVTL gamble I took (luckily got out down 15 and its now down 30%)

Last edited:
Sold all of my snap a few weeks ago after a small gain. Should have kept it a little longer. That was a nice jump today.

OIL
Encana
Chesapeake
Crescent Point Energy
Baytex

Up on CPG and CHK, down about 10% a piece on ECA and BTX

MJ
Aurora
Aphria
Canntrust
TGODF

I was up HUGE on all of them until about the 21st of May - they have all dropped 20% since then.

GOLD
Eldorodo
Yamana

Only thing that is doing well in my portfolio, but I am still overall down on Eldorodo. I bought it last summer at much higher

Utilities
Altagas
Hydroone
Emera

Not much change in any of the above.

TECH
Nvidia
Micron
Intel
AMD
Weebo

I was doing really well on NVDA and MU until the trade war.

Not exactly the most diversified portfolio, but I have a decent appetite for risk and no immediate needs for the money. Given that alot of these are really volatile, I generate a decent amount monthly on covered calls. I think I have only ever missed out on a huge run up a handful of times. For the most part, I am happy just to keep my stock, or have it expire just above the strike price.
You had a great day today at least. I honestly don't hate it outside of thinking the MMJ stocks are absurd and ones I'd dump after their next surge.

Weather is hurting corn. Prices are up. Too cold and rainy to plant.

Screenshot_20190605-094501.png

rwlk.jpg

This company makes these robotic suits that paralyzed people can "walk" in.

Just got FDA approval

40478815-1522426851079944.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back