Economy Stock market chat v3: Tesla crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRQ finally with some life on a weird down day.
I have to imagine we get a HINT of a trade deal within a week.

I’d watch total, next decade and the other major lng exporters. They’ll give you the hint about trade deals.

What are you looking for exactly? Dividends? Safety?

It is actually right near where it bounced last time.

chart.ashx

The dividend is nice and and I guess I'm looking to add some stocks that are a decent value and relatively safe. I also noticed the price has bounced off the current level a few times over the last few years. The fact that Amazon plans on competing with them is a bit worrisome I suppose.

0v6wvl711j131.png

oh shit, ollies, five below and cloudera this week. and beyond meat

The dividend is nice and and I guess I'm looking to add some stocks that are a decent value and relatively safe. I also noticed the price has bounced off the current level a few times over the last few years. The fact that Amazon plans on competing with them is a bit worrisome I suppose.

Utilities are safe stocks with dividends. I often recommend at least one oil company too but oil is uncertain right now. I'm keeping mine for now though. Utilities have had a nice run. May want to wait for a dip. Here is utilities ETF:

chart.ashx

Here is one I own, American Electric Power

chart.ashx

Yeah not sure what is going on. Tripled down at 1.15 tho up to 1.26 after hours.
Yeah every "bottom" I've been like "I should have loaded up!" and finally getting close to the realm where it's "due" unless there's some fundamental zeroing event that I'm overlooking re: business and/or deal with mongolian gov for mineral rights.

Since Thursday morning, my portfolio is down $40 grand.

I am heavy oil and tech, both getting absolutely smashed the past week.

And here I was thinking I was a clever investor. In early May, I was riding high and thinking of retiring early.

PS:

My biggest losses are on Encana and Whiting Petroleum - both are down 25% from my original purchase price. What makes me angry is that I could have sold Encana back in April for a huge gain, but I thought the oil markets were tightening and that WTI was going to go above $70.

Yeah every "bottom" I've been like "I should have loaded up!" and finally getting close to the realm where it's "due" unless there's some fundamental zeroing event that I'm overlooking re: business and/or deal with mongolian gov for mineral rights.

I know what you mean. At least there is some volatility instead of going straight down. I very well might buy a little more when it bottoms again. I still don't have much invested in it. People are freaking out about what Mongolia is going to do. It seems like there is always some caveat with these mining stocks. BTW someone on Yahoo said it was a very small trade that took it from 1.20 to 1.26. I have not bothered to confirm.

Another one that keeps "bottoming" is Cobalt 27. I keep buying it under $3.00. If you think EVs and energy storage are worth investing in and would rather deal with a streaming and royalty company than a mining company it is worth a look.

And here I was thinking I was a clever investor. In early May, I was riding high and thinking of retiring early.

PS:

My biggest losses are on Encana and Whiting Petroleum - both are down 25% from my original purchase price. What makes me angry is that I could have sold Encana back in April for a huge gain, but I thought the oil markets were tightening and that WTI was going to go above $70.

Fucking sucks dude. So many massive changes that don't make sense sometimes.

This is going to be an excellent opportunity to buy up even more opportunities!

Personally I am hoping for the DOW to reach the 20k marker. I am poised to snatch up another $100k-150k. The decision on what to buy will be dependent on which sectors are most badly hit. If it gets down to 22k and starts to rise I may decide to take a swing at the pitch for a paltry $25k-50k and wait for the big one.

Cloudera and Arlo getting killed. Along with FB and Google.

PS:

Damn, WLL went off a cliff. That stock has a beta of 3, meaning it is 3 times as volatile as the overall market. Those stocks remind me of my oil stock Chap. They are good for swings and maybe long term but they are volatile. Chevron and bigger companies are less volatile. Natural gas is also down which all these companies do too.

chart.ashx

Healthcare starting off strong. CVS and Biogen here

cvs.jpg

biib.jpg

Tesla hit 52 week low, I bought some.

tsla.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back