Economy Stock market chat v3: Ferrari upgraded by Bank of America

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by JonesBones, May 29, 2019.

1. JonesBones

JonesBones Excuse my contraflow

Everbridge hits 52 week high. This is the company that does emergency alert systems I was talking about.

[​IMG]

Everbridge (formerly known as 3n Global and the National Notification Network) is a company that sells communications services for notifications of emergencies. It began operations in 2002.[1] In an emergency, Everbridge sends messages via telephone, text message and email,[1] but stop once they know that a person has read a message.[2] An app allows emergency managers to track geotagged tweets that contain specific hashtags and use this information to respond to incidents as they occur.[1]

Their system was used in 2012 to send over 10 million messages to residents during Hurricane Sandy.[1][2] During the Boston Marathon bombings in April 2013, the city of Boston used Everbridge for its critical communications.[3] Everbridge relayed information to business operators, employees, firefighters, hospital staff, police and residents after the explosions and during the lockdown of Boston, Watertown, Waltham and surrounding areas.[4]

2. brackis1

brackis1 Gold Belt Platinum Member

Damn had a chance to load the truck on ASUR on the dip @ 8.88...went right back to 9.5 when I decided to wait for 8.6 :(

3. JonesBones

AMC actually gonna close green?

[​IMG]

4. JonesBones

bought into levi today on their earnings crash. analysts still like it

Here’s what Wall Street is saying:

Citi, Paul Lejuez

“Most parts of the business performed well, with the one weak point being the U.S. wholesale channel, which posted its first decline in six quarters and represents about a third of overall sales.”

The brand appears to be resonating in U.S. retail stores and in both direct-to-consumer and wholesale channels globally.

“Strong performance in less developed categories such as women’s and tops also underscores the brand strength and long term opportunity for growth.”

Rates buy.

Guggenheim, Robert Drbul

“We are encouraged by the strong momentum in key growth drivers,” including Women’s, Tops and direct-to-consumer. The “core” business also remains solid (Men’s +6%, Bottoms +8%, Wholesale +6%).

While gross margin missed Drbul’s estimate by 160 basis points, it was “largely driven by FX and product investment” and is expected to recover in the second half of the year.

Maintains buy rating and $26 price target

Morgan Stanley, Kimberly Greenberger

Levi’s results were a “mixed bag” as gross margin came in “significantly below expectations” due to currency headwinds and product investments (Levi’s Engineered Jeans launched internationally during the quarter).

On the other hand, the 9% growth in constant currency revenue suggests that the “top-line story remains intact.” In particular, Morgan Stanley highlighted the 10th consecutive quarter of at least 10% growth in the Women’s segment.

Longer term, Greenberger sees margin opportunities from direct-to-consumer channel growth and technological and supply chain improvements.

Remains equal-weight due to valuation, price target $23

Bank of America, Heather Balsky

Management’s “more guarded tone” on U.S. trends, which represent 46% of sales, and expectations for a sharp slowdown in second-half sales “left us incrementally wary.”

“We see the potential for sales and EPS beats on brand momentum, but we think multiple expansion is limited with shares already at a substantial premium to peers.”

Rates neutral, price target $25

5. brackis1

like clockwoork BBBY shortsqueezed off earnings then gave back entire gain.
    Pussed out and sold my shares and then couldnt bring myself to short. Could have swung it both ways and left with neither lol

JonesBones likes this.
  6. JonesBones

Bed Bath and Beyond is a joke

brackis1 likes this.
  7. JonesBones

A lot of big names coming up. Johnson and Johnson early next week has my interest. A lot of these have my interest. If some crash, I could get some good deals.

[​IMG]

brackis1 likes this.
  8. brackis1

Actually BOUGHT some stocks today and did well:
    AIR beat earnings
    Bottomfed on PSMT: which runs big box wholesale stores in latin america. Hugely depressed and missed slightly on earnings, trading down 30% below is past moving averages.

9. MT7

MT7 Come at me, brah

AMD with the goodies.

10. brackis1

blao. PSMT 50 to 52.... AIR 40 to 42 :)

Damn sold and they went up another 2 bucks each lol

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  11. JonesBones

iron mountain downgraded. ill buy

Bank of America Merrill Lynch cuts Iron Mountain (NYSE:IRM) from Neutral to Underperform and lowers the target from $33 to $25, a 22% downside.

Analyst Michael Funk says declining recycled paper prices create "insurmountable headwinds" to 2019 guidance.

12. JonesBones

pfizer and bristol myers getting killed. biogen dead too. looks like drug makers are getting hit and other parts of healthcare doing good

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. brackis1

The pop in UNH and others just shows you how much the healthcare racket relies on "collaborating" with politicians lol.

14. rob mafia

rob mafia Brown Belt

i like iron mountain. and i just sold recently, i guess i'm back in.

edit: funny enough, i was already back in. i had a $30.03 limit buy from 2 weeks ago that triggered earlier.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    JonesBones likes this.
  15. JonesBones

It also confirms my theory that people don't know enough to blame insurance companies like UNH and middlemen like CVS for drug prices. They jack them the fuck up. A judge struck down an attempt to make pharma makes show the price of their drugs in their ads. This would expose how much the middlemen are taking. I sold CVS on this pop anyway. It is still gonna catch up with them and that part of the business represents like 50% of their revenue.

"Pharmacy Benefit Managers" these are the bad guys.

brackis1 likes this.
  16. brackis1

Damn really should have kept in on PriceSmart. Rose steady all the way back to 55 from a 50 entry pt in a matter of 90 minutes.

17. JonesBones

Iron Mountain Expands Data Services to Support Amazon Web Services

BOSTON, July 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Iron Mountain Incorporated (IRM), a global leader in storage and information management services with more than 42,000 data management customers and 120 exabytes in storage, today announced an expansion to its Data Restoration and Migration Services (DRMS), offering customers seeking to migrate tape-based data into Amazon Web Services (AWS). With the expanded offering, companies will have the ability to modernize their data management strategy while maintaining high levels of security, access, and governance. In addition, Iron Mountain announced it has joined the AWS Partner Network (APN) as a Select Technology Partner, enabling customers to accelerate their digital transformation journey with AWS.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/iron-mountain-expands-data-services-104500571.html

Stoic1 and brackis1 like this.
  18. brackis1

Fuck it I'm in on IRM too lol

JonesBones likes this.
  19. brackis1

wow STNE back up huge. I'm a little surprised. I'm about to short its competitor PAGS on full valuation concerns.

JonesBones likes this.
  20. Orgasmo

Orgasmo Red Belt

I thought about buying that last year when it hovered around $62, but I bought Salesforce instead. That was a bad call on my part.

JonesBones and brackis1 like this.