Economy Stock market chat v3: Tesla crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
chart.ashx

In the 80s, WIlliams Sonoma introduced the first at home bread maker. What do they price this thing at? This is the first of its kind. They put it out for $275. It sold decent. Then they created a bigger model that was more expensive. What happened? Sales of the smaller, cheaper model doubled. Why? Because of reference points. Everything needs a reference point. Once that 275 point was created, people had something to compare it to. So, creating another model that nobody wants, can actually increase the sales of your other products.

I learned all this through William James anyway but i am learning it in marketing too. Everything is externally related. Everything needs a reference point. All things only exist in relation to other things. They get their very identity through comparison of other things.

55% bonds? get the fuck outta here.

Ray-Dalio-All-Weather-Portfolio-Asset-Allocation.png

All-Weather-Portfolio-Versus-the-SP500.png

The reason for this interest in Dalio is because of performance. During the 2008 market crash, the All Weather Portfolio lost only -3.93% versus the S&P 500’s -37% loss. For people that lost almost half their investments in 2008, this is a huge deal.

ease.PNG

It is called cognitive easing and substitution and why many idiots don't invest in planet fitness and the like. Because they take the difficult question of whether a company should be invested in, and reduce it to, "do I like it?" My buddy who took out his 401k always does this. Banks are boring to him, so he doesn't invest in them. He also does this with products he doesn't like, like Yeti. Brackis does this too.

Some other pics from the lecture I think are important:

risk.PNG

All these losses, which many people can't handle, and then one winner makes up for it. The first 7 balls picked out of the bag are losers.

risky.PNG

Pretty boring week. I may play Levi and Delta

lpcSysY.png

Bill Gates says Steve Jobs was a master at ‘casting spells’ to keep Apple from dying

• The Microsoft co-founder marveled at how Jobs could mesmerize his staff.
  • Jobs was a singular case and it would be hard to replicate his style successfully, Gates says.
“I was like a minor wizard because he would be casting spells, and I would see people mesmerized, but because I’m a minor wizard, the spells don’t work on me,” said Gates, the world’s second-richest person.

Despite that, Jobs, the former Apple CEO who died of pancreatic cancer in 2011, was an example of “don’t do this at home” in his style of leadership, Gates said.

While it’s really easy to imitate the bad parts of Steve, Gates said, “I have yet to meet any person who in terms of picking talent, hyper-motivating that talent,” who could match him. “He brought some incredibly positive things along with that toughness.”

hater on cnbc is hating on chewy

chewy initiated:

Many analysts think that Chewy has plenty of positives, but are doubtful about the stock’s price. Nomura Instinet’s Mark Kelley has a target of $36, saying that Chewy is the “best positioned in [the] $70 billion domestic market” for pet care, but that the stock’s valuation leaves him neutral about the prospects for gains.

Raymond James’s Aaron Kessler highlighted the company’s excellent customer service, wide selection of products, and strong growth profile, but thinks the shares are fairly valued. RBC Capital Markets’ Mark Mahaneyhas a $37 price target; he believes the company can “sustain premium growth and drive margin expansion as it benefits from secular tailwinds toward purchasing pet supplies online,” but he sees potential gains in the stock as balanced by the risks given the stock’s post-IPO pop.

Looking ahead. Wedbush’s Seth Basham is more downbeat, with a price target for the stock of $30. His main worry is Amazon.com : Basham said his checks on 80 pet-food products showed that Chewy’s prices were worse on automatically shipped and recurring orders than Amazon’s in many cases. And the latter is sweetening some of its pet-food deals, increasing the cost of acquiring customers for Chewy, Basham said.

While the two companies dominate the online pet-goods retail trade, and Chewy has been growing faster, Amazon has “nearly equivalent pet category sales but a much larger balance sheet,” he said, making it the “one primary threat to Chewy’s growth.”

Yet there are bulls too. JPMorgan ’s Doug Anmuth initiated coverage with an Overweight rating and a price target of $42, writing that Chewy is well positioned as the leader in online pet-good sales, with multiple factors that can help it to grow, and a clear path to becoming profitable..

eff my broker. Tried to short a large amount of Overstock up 15%...1 hr later after rejecting my order its up 4% -_-

eff my broker. Tried to short a large amount of Overstock up 15%...1 hr later after rejecting my order its up 4% -_-

I bought some very expensive puts and made about 200 on them. They are worth more now but I'll take it. Whenever that thing pops I buy puts on it lol. Scam of a company.

Long term buys I did yesterday.

AXP 9 shares for 125.54
AAPL 6 for 200.79
MSFT 9 for 137.48

Vmware at moment of truth. Good long term.

chart.ashx

Walmart, Proctor and Gamble, Home Depot, McDonalds. all hitting highs.

etsy doing good. cramer pumping it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back