Economy Stock market chat second take: No Canadians allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla crashed and now is green on terrible earnings. lol. green after hours anyway. I sold some for 254 and it was 260 less than a minute later.

Tesla aint coming back. I'm down about $10 a share. I'm selling most

Wanted to do puts prior to the autonomy garbage, but that shit is too all over the place. You already know how I feel about then though.

Started with all Microsoft stock and now trying to figure out other long term positions (acquired a measly 10 shares Monday). Would like to get in on the upcoming IPOs.

not that i would buy but Boeing dropping is good. pos company deserves to drop more like their planes (RIP to those poor souls).

CEO and founder of Kinder Morgan continues gobbling up large orders of shares . Look into it.

CEO and founder of Kinder Morgan continues gobbling up large orders of shares . Look into it.
founder buybacks when not adjoined with other insider buys to me sound like inflationary schemes interwoven with pride.

founder buybacks when not adjoined with other insider buys to me sound like inflationary schemes interwoven with pride.

The stock has been on a very nice run in the last 6 months. Since he started buying in January it is up at least 25%. While receiving 4 downgrades during that period and no upgrades.

What platforms do you guys use for stocks and or day trading?

Shit is absurd.
Trying to save their asses with ludicrous projections.

Wonder how much goodwill Musk has left at the moment. Another $700M lost. I figured if they were ever going to show profitability, it would be this year considering the presold half a million model 3s and delivered the high end builds first. Does this come down to investing in gigafactories?

I don't own the stock or a Tesla, but the model 3 is pretty sweet and I hope Tesla succeeds. Investors at some point are going to need to see profit instead of extremely optimistic predictions on self driving technology and the like.

Tesla is opening a factory in China and maybe Germany next. They are also getting into the car insurance business. I guess Tesla owners get screwed by insurance companies.

Musk with this taxi shit is what I was saying about Uber and Lyft. The end game here is clearly driverless cars and they are gonna run into people like Google and Tesla who are way the fuck ahead of them. Lyft or Uber would need a partnership with one of those two. Though at least one of them already has GM, I haven't seen much in AI from GM.

There is money in that business and Tesla could take them out. Could be biggest taxi company in the US. Who knows.

What platforms do you guys use for stocks and or day trading?
White Power Brokers LLC
Tesla is opening a factory in China and maybe Germany next. They are also getting into the car insurance business. I guess Tesla owners get screwed by insurance companies.

Musk with this taxi shit is what I was saying about Uber and Lyft. The end game here is clearly driverless cars and they are gonna run into people like Google and Tesla who are way the fuck ahead of them. Lyft or Uber would need a partnership with one of those two. Though at least one of them already has GM, I haven't seen much in AI from GM.
Except driverless cars would mean selling WAAAAAY less cars. Musk can't have his fantasy both ways and the company is valued based on pumping out a shitload of cars but also killing the car industry with taxis.

The insurance claim is another delusional crock of shit. The "omg it's the evil insurance companies screwing you!" line is just a weird flex trying to brag about car safety and entirely ignores the fact that Tesla parts are expensive to replace and it takes a while. For someone supposedly in love with the idea of free markets he ignores the fact that if it was worth it, an existing insurance company would drop their rates to entice Tesla buyers and beat out the competition.

But no, instead the cult leader assures us these companies are untrustworthy, but that he can magically whip up an insurance business better than the dozens of existing underwriters.

lol. here we go again.
You mean me ranting about Musk?
Dude thinks he can make every product better than the existing industry of hundreds or thousands of engineers at other companies lol because "tony stark and batteries!"

Facebook still ripping. Over 200 now.

thoughts on weibo?

it almost seems to me as though part of the world is going to be using "chinese internet," and then there is the free world's internet. the former will only have more and more internet users, and weibo would be the obvious place to post your selfies.

thoughts on weibo?

it almost seems to me as though part of the world is going to be using "chinese internet," and then there is the free world's internet. the former will only have more and more internet users, and weibo would be the obvious place to post your selfies.

A lot of these Chinese companies look good on paper and do have a lot of business. Weibo is huge. One thing though: the Chinese government will sacrifice their corporations for the health of the overall state. It is the reverse of the US, where there is pressure from companies and shareholders to end this trade war. The US government serves corporations. Chinese companies serve the state and are intertwined with it. You have to be to get big there.

I mean Trump thinks the DOW is the most important number in the world. lol.

I have owned Weibo and others in the past. You can get an etf with that and a bunch of other Chinese companies like Tencent and Alibaba. Tencent Music is a speculative play. Tencent owns Fortnite. But Chinese government is cracking down on video games because they are unproductive. I can come up with a reason to buy or not buy any stock. It is tough. lol

I'll throw some interesting and risky plays at you:

Snapchat

IRDM: this company was critical in providing information on Boeing crashes. Satellite company that tracks things all over the globe. They had good earnings yesterday but were "downgraded" today. They were downgraded from "strong buy" to "outperform" and the price target was actually raised. lol. Weakest downgrade I ever saw.

Netgear: stock is cheap. Earnings were decent. I have a Netgear router.

Arlo: spinoff of netgear. under $4 now. really good security camera but even the best product often loses.

CVS may be undervalued. Healthcare in general has been getting beat up cuz Democrats run their mouths. I think it will recover though. The sector. Pfizer. Biogen. United Health.

Sirius XM is cheap now too. That thing moves like fuckin molasses though. So slow.

Funko: This is a $20 stock at least. It's 19 something right now.

You may want to look into some weed stocks when they dip too.

A lot of these Chinese companies look good on paper and do have a lot of business. Weibo is huge. One thing though: the Chinese government will sacrifice their corporations for the health of the overall state. It is the reverse of the US, where there is pressure from companies and shareholders to end this trade war. The US government serves corporations. Chinese companies serve the state and are intertwined with it. You have to be to get big there.

I mean Trump thinks the DOW is the most important number in the world. lol.

I have owned Weibo and others in the past. You can get an etf with that and a bunch of other Chinese companies like Tencent and Alibaba. Tencent Music is a speculative play. Tencent owns Fortnite. But Chinese government is cracking down on video games because they are unproductive. I can come up with a reason to buy or not buy any stock. It is tough. lol

I'll throw some interesting and risky plays at you:

Snapchat

IRDM: this company was critical in providing information on Boeing crashes. Satellite company that tracks things all over the globe. They had good earnings yesterday but were "downgraded" today. They were downgraded from "strong buy" to "outperform" and the price target was actually raised. lol. Weakest downgrade I ever saw.

Netgear: stock is cheap. Earnings were decent. I have a Netgear router.

Arlo: spinoff of netgear. under $4 now. really good security camera but even the best product often loses.

CVS may be undervalued. Healthcare in general has been getting beat up cuz Democrats run their mouths. I think it will recover though. The sector. Pfizer. Biogen. United Health.

Sirius XM is cheap now too. That thing moves like fuckin molasses though. So slow.

Funko: This is a $20 stock at least. It's 19 something right now.

You may want to look into some weed stocks when they dip too.

i have a buddy who preaches his weed stocks.

CVS and other stocks related to an aging population are something ive been looking at. we'll eventually be japan. super low birth rate. what do old people like/need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back