Stiverne diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis- Wilder's win discredited? (cuban23 says yes!)

If you 'overtrain' and give your self this disorder, who's fault is that? You and your camp failed in preparations for the fight.

His trainers have as much responsibility for it as he does.

His trainers are part of his camp, so that's exactly what he said.

Honestly, I don't think going into a fight ill, injured, or anything else means you're entitled to a rematch. If he made the fight close then maybe, but he was thoroughly dominated. I don't think too many people are going to be clamoring for a rematch.

Wilder vs Fury. Jennings vs Klitschko. Then winner vs winner, loser vs loser. That would make for an exciting year in the heavyweight division.

Looked like every Bermaine stiverne fight I have ever seen.

And it's a legit excuse...

No not really. He should have called off the fight if he wasn't ready to go. Once you step in the ring, there's no excuses.

No not really. He should have called off the fight if he wasn't ready to go. Once you step in the ring, there's no excuses.

You can't call a fight of this magnitude off a week beforehand. Showtime invested a lot of money into it.

So when did he get Rhabdo? If it was a week beforehand it would have almost certainly been noticed by him and his trainers. If he over-exerted himself during the fight, that's not really an excuse.

Looked like every Bermaine stiverne fight I have ever seen.

This is my thoughts exactly.. The only difference is he didn't throw a damn jab all fight, and Wilder's jab/length kept Stiverne from countering. I saw nothing that would lead me to believe he was suffering from rabdo or any disorder. He just fought with a horrible gameplan and got outclassed.

"lots"? I can think of Holyfield all the way back in his first fight with Quawi and JDS in his rematch against vekazquez in MMA?
WHo are the others?

The "pissing blood" often is not blood. Its quite common.

Um didn't he get this because of the beating he took? It involves your skeletal muscle and stiverene was eating some massive shots.. same with JDS when he fought Cain

He looked more nervous and not there in the fight, he wasn't fighting like he usually did. he was able to put wilder where he wanted (cornered him over 50 times no exageration) and let him off the hook) it was more what stiverne didnt do than what wilder did. he won most the rounds with jabs because stiverne didnt let punches go.

The win is not discredited.

I'll side with Seano this time. it could have affected the fight but it wasnt WILDER fault at all. plus everyone knows this isnt the real heavyweight title. rematch??
wait a year and a half for it? let stiverne earn a second fight maybe.

and the sickness might have not have done a lot to the fight.
it could have but who knows.

I actually don't think stiverne fights like this usually...
but I assumed that was a part of his game plan. and wilder moving taking what he wanted to do away. the not jabbing I thought was fear of countering.

and the not cutting off (which im surprised wasn't obvious to people in this thread) I assumed he was afraid of getting too close. or a confidence issue.

Wilder didn't look so great in there either perhaps he was also sick.

If this is a chronic condition in Stiverne's case, he should step down his competition and entertain some local/regional crowds for the remainder of his career, as his condition evidently doesn't allow for the sort of training exertion necessary to win championship level fights regularly enough for his liking. If it's a freak rare occurence- take the loss, blow out a fringe and convincingly beat a top 10 and you're right back in the title picture. Shit happens.

So when did he get Rhabdo? If it was a week beforehand it would have almost certainly been noticed by him and his trainers. If he over-exerted himself during the fight, that's not really an excuse.

That's what I'm thinking happened.

Excuses which have no doubt been encouraged by Don King, shouldn't detract from a good Wilder performance

Folks arent familiar with Rhabdo if you think he had this prior to the fight. He would not have cleared medicals.

He got it from the fight itself. Withstanding a beating a physical exertion will do that.

If this is a chronic condition in Stiverne's case, he should step down his competition and entertain some local/regional crowds for the remainder of his career, as his condition evidently doesn't allow for the sort of training exertion necessary to win championship level fights regularly enough for his liking. If it's a freak rare occurence- take the loss, blow out a fringe and convincingly beat a top 10 and you're right back in the title picture. Shit happens.

This...oh and I do agree, cuban23 is becoming a parody of himself.

Back