* Stitch fired by UFC *

Dana White can be so fucking stupid I'm still in disbelief that he helped develop and currently runs a billion dollar company. For a company that wants better sponsors they do remarkable job of shooting themselves in the foot when they're close.

I thought Stitch was employed by the ACs. It seems a conflict of interest to have a promoter employing a guy who's actions during a fight have direct impact on said fight.

I think the UFC can have a say in who they want. Which is why you don't ever see Steve Mazzagatti or Kim Winslow anymore. Assuming Stitch is indeed employed by the athletic commissions that is.

Dana White can be so fucking stupid I'm still in disbelief that he helped develop and currently runs a billion dollar company. For a company that wants better sponsors they do remarkable job of shooting themselves in the foot when they're close.
He has Frank and Lorenzo to cover for him.

I think the UFC can have a say in who they want. Which is why you don't ever see Steve Mazzagatti or Kim Winslow anymore. Assuming Stitch is indeed employed by the athletic commissions that is.

That seems a conflict of interest as well. And if that's the extent of the relationship, then Stitch wasn't really fired. Either way, this shouldn't be allowed.

First of all, bro, 50 is broke. Trump is a billionaire. Yeah, I said it. A billionaire. With a B.

I'll take business advice from Trump the moment I need advice on being born rich, speculating, going bankrupt, and getting a bailout.

Meanwhile, this whole Reebok deal is just common American management practices:

Boss: "Cut the rope."
Peons: "If we cut the rope, the box will fall."
Boss: "No it won't, cut the rope."
<rope is cut>
<box falls>
<no one says a damn thing, because Boss is an egomaniac>
<pay cuts coming due to "bad times">

Stitch working for WSOF now. lol

as dana knows stitch well he didn't have the guts tell him personally that he's fired for a pretty dumb reason.

yerfiredgoof_zpsl4zuvtss.jpg

Saw a thread about it yesterday, the mass dislikes on all of the ufc videos getting uploaded and everyone saying it was a shit move to fire stitch

I don't think they'll rehire him but at least they know they made a fucking dumb move by firing him

When they fired Stitch they really fucked themselves from a PR perspective. Reducing people's earnings is bad enough. Firing them for admitting that their earnings have been slashed is simply unconscionable and borderline totalitarian.

The way for a bunch of fighters to solve this is to get together and get their contracts to expire around the same time (may be hard to do). Then pool together their selling power with somebody that has money such that fighters will own 50% of a new company. This would especially work well if all of the initial fighters are limited to two or three weight classes to get the fights started.

I know; Easier said than done when fighters are struggling to get ahead financially.

Back