Stipe would KTFO Jones

That's a 5'10, at best, LHW who has fought at MW.

Show me all the great elbows and punches he landed against Reyes.
Well he landed elbows and knees on Gus who's 6'5', so there's that...

I'm not buying that at all. Jon isn't going in there to trade punches with Stipe. And there's nothing I've seen in a Jones fight that tells me he'd get KO'd either. If anything, we've seen the chin get tested time and again. He hasn't tested himself at HW, but that doesn't mean doom and gloom for him either.

Stipe is somewhat of a stiff fighter, and lately it's taken him sometime to get into his groove. He's also not ridiculously big for HW. Striking goes in Jones favor, although Stipe is the superior boxer. Cardio is something Jon seems to have a ton of, so I'd like to see how Stipe tests that. Maybe Stipe makes it a grapple fest, which isn't the worst idea ever. He would have success in the clinch, but he'd have to worry about elbows off the break. I'm not even sure if he'd have the wrestling advantage over Jon. As long as Jon didn't try to bulk up, he'd probably have the speed advantage as well.

I think it'd be an interesting fight, especially if Stipe can't KO Jon within the first 2-3 rounds.

Well he landed elbows and knees on Gus who's 6'5', so there's that...
That was also pre-USADA where he was likely hopped up on cocaine and steroids.

Rashad was 7 1/2 years ago, Gus was 6 1/2 years ago. Show me Jones landing strikes like this in his recent fights against someone Stipe's size.

Ya sure just like DC. Dont think anyone kos Jones

DC was at LHW when he fought Jones.

40 years old LHW Cormier
302_Daniel_Cormier.0.jpg

Younger HW Cormier..
B09-Silva-Cormier-Strikeforce-0911-4358.jpg

you welcome.

DC was at LHW when he fought Jones.

40 years old LHW Cormier
302_Daniel_Cormier.0.jpg

Younger HW Cormier..
B09-Silva-Cormier-Strikeforce-0911-4358.jpg

you welcome.
Lol it's still the same man which Jones demolished. I am sure if Jones moved up to heavyweight he would be bigger as well which would help him. Your welcome

Lol it's still the same man which Jones demolished. I am sure if Jones moved up to heavyweight he would be bigger as well which would help him. Your welcome
Also not sure what those 2 pics relate to? His mouth is open on the second one?

True. But he would be bigger. And I don't think DC would be a problem

Tell that to Jones, he is not confident to fight Cormier at HW, and not confident to fight without PEDs either.

Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage" - Jon Jones.

<mma1>

Stipe got flatlined by Stefan Struve who’s reach is nearly identical to Jon’s. If Stipe wants to hang on to that strap he’d be wise to fight Cormier or Ngannou once again.
Yea, because we all know reach = power right?

When was the last time Jones flatlined someone with his hands, let alone a HW?

If there's one thing the fight showed is at range Jones can be beat. There's a reason why he didn't call out Stipe after the fight, and instead just alludes to it with cryptic posts to keep people interested, but he knows he gets clipped if that fight would ever go down.
Do you realise how faster is Dom than Stipe? And the guy also can kick and push a pace. Stipe is painfully slow and gets tired.

Yea, because we all know reach = power right?

When was the last time Jones flatlined someone with his hands, let alone a HW?
It won’t be the power so much as the accuracy that will put Stipe away. Jon’s striking efficiency is what has carried him to victory in his last three contests. Wins over younger men who did their best to circle away from Jones for the majority of the fight.

Miocic won’t attempt to be as elusive as those LHW’s and as a result will be wide open for strikes. Stipe’s chin is shot and by the time he faces Jones he will have reached 38 years old.

I think we will see a newfound sense of power when Jones isn’t forced to restrict strength training and calorie intake.

It won’t be the power so much as the accuracy that will put Stipe away. Jon’s striking efficiency is what has carried him to victory in his last three contests. Wins over younger men who did their best to circle away from Jones for the majority of the fight.

Miocic won’t attempt to be as elusive as those LHW’s and as a result will be wide open for strikes. Stipe’s chin is shot and by the time he faces Jones he will have reached 38 years old.

I think we will see a newfound sense of power when Jones isn’t forced to restrict strength training and calorie intake.
did you catch stipe's last fight? his chin is iron and it always has been. his recovery is even better.

we can forget about all this talk anyways, jones will not fight stipe miocic. if he does it CERTAINLY wont be this year, late 2021 at best. i seriously doubt he'll ever fight stipe tbh, hes too smart to accept a fight with stipe, but if he does, hes going to wait it out. book it.

Jones vs most HWs would look like this

0YyOgv.gif

Ah the hammer punch
That dude Fought great against Tyson and if it were not for Tyson as the champion, he would be the champion. One of the few guys who had his own punch style.

The bookies in Vegas would love to see you coming.
I'll take Jon as a dog vs. Stipe without hesitation. If he is the fav I'll think about it. I'm not saying it's a sure thing, I'm just disagreeing with TS that Stipe is gonna win easy. Jon has a lot of edges in this fight, stylewise it's good match-up for him.

Jones would and should be favored over any MMA fighter in the world. In all reality, in history as well. Only Anderson Silva in his prime would stand a chance at not being the underdog or getting obliterated.

Stipe got flatlined by Stefan Struve who’s reach is nearly identical to Jon’s. If Stipe wants to hang on to that strap he’d be wise to fight Cormier or Ngannou once again.
Flatlined? Yeah that's not what happened. Also that was 7 years ago.

I'll take Jon as a dog vs. Stipe without hesitation. If he is the fav I'll think about it. I'm not saying it's a sure thing, I'm just disagreeing with TS that Stipe is gonna win easy. Jon has a lot of edges in this fight, stylewise it's good match-up for him.
I interpreted your post that Dominick Reyes would take Stipe, not Jones. Either way, we can disagree but the fight won’t happen until Jones mans up and stands with the big boys so we can see Jones take HW horsepower.

Stipe is too dumb and slow, I wouldn't say he has a better shot than DC, Reyes or Santos
I think it’s pretty clear you don’t watch fights and the nuances of game plans to call Stipe dumb. Best possible game plan against Ngannou and tremendous adjustments against Cormier. You gotta pay more attention dude.

Back