News Stipe will fight Francis v Lewis winner - Dana.

It's fair. If not now, I doubt Stipe will ever beat Francis, so it's the last big payday and a shot for the belt.

Ordinarily I'd agree -- they both won once. But Stipe is closing in on forty, letting him fight again is not doing him any favors. Age beats everyone in the end.
HWs fight at older age. If he is fighting again, why shouldn't it be Francis? He has a chance to get hit in the head either way, except here he gains more money and a bigger opportunity.

Stipe needs to earn it. He wasn't on some massive run after losing to DC. I really don't need to see Stipe/Ngannou fight 3 times.

Jon is playing hardball to get a huge pay day. The UFC isn't gonna pay up, they got other match ups.

Personally, I am with the UFC on this one. Only because I know that the Jones vs Francis match up is not gonna be as big as Jon thinks it would be. And it's likely Jon is asking for more pay than he would deserve in regards to what the fight would generate revenue wise. It's a big fight, but it's not gonna do Conor type numbers. They'll do a million PPVs at best and the gate will be sold out but it wouldn't anything they haven't done before.

Jon is stalling a big fight cause he wants more than he deserves. Don't get me wrong, I like Jon and really want to see this fight. And I hope he does get paid big for this. But it seems like he's asking too much.

Nickel and Dime?

Lol come on man…..

UFC literally offered him 10 million and probably where willing to go up to 15 million. That would be triple what Jon has made on a fight and Jon is not a ppv star like how Conor or GSP are.

But Jons out here asking for 30 million pricing himself out lol

They're a multibillion dollar company, and make well over several hundred mill every year for probably two straight decades now.

Stipe is the GOAT HW. He deserves as many rematches as he likes.

And another reason they're gonna give him a rematch is because they can see he is changing things up with this bulk.

For sure, Stipe deserves a rematch. He waited more than a year for a Cormier rematch, destroyed him, and then was ordered to give him another try, beating him yet again.

Stipe gave Ngannou a rematch, when he completely obliterated him on the first run. The truth is Ngannou didn't deserve shit. But he got a rematch, and then beat Stipe with his only way to win, a lucky punch.

Stipe Miocic is more deserving of a rematch than anyone else, period, end of discussion.

Jon Jones has made a living beating smaller men than he, the majority of which were on the way out of a career at a lower weight. Basically, Jon Jones is a bully.

Does anyone think Stipe Miocic would lose to either to Thiago Silva, or Dominic Reyes, both of whom gave Jones all he could handle?

Stipe would freaking annihilate these two front runners, bloated middleweights, moving up to LW ... and yet Jones could barely get past them??

Anyone who thinks Jones will beat Stipe is dense, and knows nothing. Stipe will beat Jones on every level.

Jones doesn't have the power to tickle Stipe, while Stipe has the power, and the skills, to overpower and outclass Jon Jones.

<LikeReally5>

Stipe is 2-2 in his last 4. Just because you won the trilogy against DC doesn't mean you're granted a trilogy every time you lose. Meanwhile, contenders on win streaks have to wait another year to earn their shot.

Stipe is good and all but he should win a non title fight first imo

Yes. The guy has only fought 2 fighters for the past 4 years. Let's not make it 5.

Who are you going to have him fight? Jones is out of the picture and Stipe is not taking a fight until end of year at the earliest. Assuming Ngannou wins he needs an opponent at the end of the year as well and its slim pickings.

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 1.13.26 PM.jpg

Who are you going to have him fight? Jones is out of the picture and Stipe is not taking a fight until end of year at the earliest. Assuming Ngannou wins he needs an opponent at the end of the year as well and its slim pickings.

Actually, I think Volkov stands an excellent chance of beating/KOing Ngannou.

He's bigger, longer, more skilled, and more experienced.

Don't be surprised ...

While I am all for a third contest.

I think this is a little too quick.

Id force Jones in the mix somewhere.

I wouldn't bet against Stipe winning the rubber match. He's a top 5 ever hw an has 1 win on Frank already . He's the ONLY fighter it seems that can take at least a few Frank bombs as Stipe has a Hendo like chin . Wpuld still favor Frank 2 to 1 but Stipe has better chance than any other.

I know Lewis won first fight but it wasn't a fight it was a staring match in which neither engaged at all.

Actually, I think Volkov stands an excellent chance of beating/KOing Ngannou.

He's bigger, longer, more skilled, and more experienced.

Don't be surprised ...

He also got ko by Derrick Lewis. The entire division is a mess. Stipe you can sell the rematch but Volkov?

UniformSmallGossamerwingedbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
So Jon/Frank really is out the Window
huh? I thought Jon was really down to fight at hw. Maybe he was hoping to face Stipe, but Frank had other plans. It seems he has nowhere to go, and as a hw, his physique looks awful. <{clintugh}>

???
You are falling for these Dana White tactics of shaming a fighter to get under paid?

I don't blame Dana for pulling this stuff but it does still surprise me that actual MMA fans still fall for it.

Maybe my favorite of all time is Dana, live at a post fight press conference saying that GSP is too beat up to make the presser, he's in bad shape, they have him at the hospital right now.

Georges literally walks up to the stage in a suit and takes his seat.

Dana is a great promoter and a great liar.

Back