Media Stipe- Why should I wait? Wants instant rematch

Does he deserve it now over fighters like Ciryl Gane, Curtis Blaydes, Alexander Volkov?

Blydes and Volkov? Lol

take a wild guess.

Goofapotomus said stipe can fight the winner of Ngannou vs interim champ. I agree.

lmfao @ blaydes and volkov

He was closer to a finish and made the most damage, got the job done in the rematch after earning it...Stipe needs a fight first, lets hope Ngannou doesnt play to his demands.

Lol ok

No, Stipe only fought Cormier and Ngannou in the last decade. Fuck of with the rematch, He should fight Volkov.

Franny knocking out stipe was easy money and, lol, 85 % of the sherdog dumb thought stipe would dominate again . Why ? Because it happened the first fight ????

Stipe needs to win ONE ....one fight. He should stop acting like he deserves a gimme. He took an early cage nap. You dont get immediate re match when that happens.

Dc KOd you first and YOU asked for the immediate rematch. Only reason we got to see 3 is because it’s only fair he would get his rematch too since you got yours you goof. Francis earned his shot and that fight wasn’t competitive.

Title shots should be earned fuck instant rematches.

Yep. Stipe's my favorite fighter in the UFC and I think he is utterly off his rocker and acting entitled as fuck (along with a large portion of his fan club). I thought Miocic vs. Blaydes was a common sense match-up in the aftermath of each man's last loss... but nope. Now Stipe's calling for another undeserved title shot and Blaydes is getting a scary stylistic fight against Rozenstruik.

WAR STIPE!
this is why we have an interim belt fight - because fraNcis needs time off from a "gruelling 5 min fight."

Truth. Don't gaf how it's getting down in Cameroon rn

Yep. Stipe's my favorite fighter in the UFC and I think he is utterly off his rocker and acting entitled as fuck (along with a large portion of his fan club). I thought Miocic vs. Blaydes was a common sense match-up in the aftermath of each man's last loss... but nope. Now Stipe's calling for another undeserved title shot and Blaydes is getting a scary stylistic fight against Rozenstruik.
Blaydes is toast. His next fight is his last if he loses. So Blaydes fights the longest reigning HW champ in the UFC fresh firma fluke ko - why?

he needs to keep his brain intact for his real job lest he's liable to start rescuing fires and fighting people.
Retire man!!

Blaydes is toast. His next fight is his last if he loses. So Blaydes fights the longest reigning HW champ in the UFC fresh firma fluke ko - why?

The fact that you call what Francis did to Stipe a "fluke KO" tells me a lot about you and your mindset and makes me loathe to even engage with you. But whatever, I'll bite.

Blaydes and Miocic are former training partners for one. Both had suffered brutal knockouts in the last outings and in within a few weeks of one another, so their recovery timelines would have presumably been similar. Curtis has called out Stipe on multiple occasions, but they've never gotten the chance to fight despite dancing around each other at the top of the division for years now. It would be a great wrestle-boxer vs wrestle-boxer match-up that would be -- in my opinion -- stylistically interesting. If Curtis wins, he collects the scalp of the UFC HW GOAT and adds another legend to his resume and instantly redeems himself while stepping back into title contention. Conversely, if Stipe wins he is able to show everyone that he still has plenty of juice left in the tank to hang with young, hungry contenders. It would also serve as a "troubleshooting" fight for him packing those extra pounds back on. Besides, as I said before, he does not deserve an instant rematch. He needs to fight at least one Top 5 win and I felt Blaydes was as good a choice as any at the time considering the circumstances.

Immediate rematches are almost always bullshit. Go beat a top 5 guy and earn it. All immediate rematches do is hold up division. 4-1/2 yrs of stipe, dc, Francis, and black beast being the only guys fighting for the heavyweight title is ridiculous

WAR STIPE!
this is why we have an interim belt fight - because fraNcis needs time off from a "gruelling 5 min fight."

Truth. Don't gaf how it's getting down in Cameroon rn
Stipe had more time off between some of his fights as champ.

Oh Stipe, Stipe. I can't blame him for trying. And it IS fucked up that all Cormier had to was ask — no not ask, DEMAND — the next title shot and instant rematch and it was handed to him, while Stipe had been dicked around and treated merely as a fall-back plan.

But no. Not going to work this time. Deserved or not, there's just too many alternative contenders that could reasonably be given the shot instead. And I think it would be the better for him if he accepts it and moves on.

Stipe should just concentrate on his podcast. It's new way to combat for Stipe...a battle to regain coherence.

It’s bizarre how many former champs believe they deserve an immediate rematch. It’s like they believe the first one was a freebie. Go out an earn it like whitaker

Stipe had more time off between some of his fights as champ.
Cant disagree. But the DC drama- two belt hold out was painful too for him? He's a fighter, he had to take DC because egg wanted it that way.

It’s bizarre how many former champs believe they deserve an immediate rematch. It’s like they believe the first one was a freebie. Go out an earn it like whitaker
He won the first one very decisively . It's not like he got ktfo the first time. It's different

He won the first one very decisively . It's not like he got ktfo the first time. It's different
Ya and the guy he beat had to go on a long winning streak to get another shot. Id hate to play golf with mulligan miocic

Ya and the guy he beat had to go on a long winning streak to get another shot. Id hate to play golf with mulligan miocic
Still, you know they don't call the shots, Egghead does

Dc KOd you first and YOU asked for the immediate rematch. Only reason we got to see 3 is because it’s only fair he would get his rematch too since you got yours you goof. Francis earned his shot and that fight wasn’t competitive.
They didn't give him an instant rematch though. They had DC fight Derrick Lewis who DC completely dominated

Back