"Stipe was never my friend..."

He fought dumb got eye poked and lost. He had a great run going and probably will again.

The heavyweight goat is short mountain. That's all.

I can't take any more GOAT arguments seriously on Sherdog, anymore.

Miocic went from GOAT to can in one fight, what the hell?

He was just the greatest Heavyweight Champion the UFC has ever seen and then he gets cracked by Cormier and Sherdog says...."Stipe was never my friend."

Some had him beating a prime Fedor and now people barely have him beating Demetrious Johnson.

One bad fight doesn't make the man, he is still at the top of the heap but a bad day at the office and you get Sherdogged...
LOL
I hear ya.
But that's why I disagreed with all the Miocic is GOAT talk in the first place.
Heck, his big accomplishment was beating UFC's record for title defenses... fucking 3 fights!!!
That's while they bash Fedor who was 10 fucking years unbeaten!
And look at them now on DC's bandwagon, claiming he is GOAT... and he just got the belt (and is retiring in less than a year by his own account).

I think people in here are too passionate.
They are too fast to call someone GOAT and as fast to dismiss them when they lose.
Shouldn't it be here nor there.

But if you allow them to jump that fast on someone's bandwagon, then you should know they will jump to the next one as fast...

It's more the people calling him GOAT are going to keep quite after he loses and the people calling him overrated are going to be more vocal after he loses

You act like it's the same person making the same argument.

The people who thought he was goat still thinks that. The people that thought he was not great still think that.

You're making the classic mistake of treating Sherdog as a singular entity with one opinion.

stipe is good fighter and i will watch every fight he is having. But he just is not interesting person.

He was just the greatest Heavyweight Champion the UFC has ever seen and then he gets cracked by Cormier and Sherdog says...."Stipe was never my friend."

Some had him beating a prime Fedor and now people barely have him beating Demetrious Johnson.

One bad fight doesn't make the man, he is still at the top of the heap but a bad day at the office and you get Sherdogged...

Honestly a lot of sports fans in general have that "what have you done for me lately" attitude.

Sherdog mentality....you are only as good as your last fight, and if you lose, you are a loser.

Funny thing here is Cormier is going to sit and wait for a big ass Brock payday, probably will hold up two divisions and Stipe fought whomever they put in front of him.

Stipe is still a great fighter, he lost, he will most likely be back as champ after the WWE era is over....again...

You act like it's the same person making the same argument.

The people who thought he was goat still thinks that. The people that thought he was not great still think that.

You're making the classic mistake of treating Sherdog as a singular entity with one opinion.
No, it appears to be the ebb and flow on Sherdog. If those that still think he is a "goat" feel the same after a fight, you should see them making their argument for that opinion, in spite of the loss. As for his detractors, well, he sure did give them some ammo. So how does this play against Ngannou, the superhuman / next generation guy? He couldn't knock out Miocic in 5 rounds and it took Cormier only 1. Is Ngannou now relegated to a can?

I also said prime Cain would destroy Stipe and everyone was acting like that was so far fetched, Cain was not on his level... can't box etc.

Well after DC's performance and the fact DC says Cain is better than him it doesn't seem that stupid now does it?

Cain is the most skilled current HW. If he ever comes back.
No your scenario isnt stupid, its brilliant, we just need MMA Math and a hot tub time machine. Those things work right???

Most sherdoggers have attention span of a fruit fly. You get knocked out, you have a glass jaw. You lose one fight, you’re a bum.

Sylvia gets shit on constantly, but in his prime he could have beaten a majority of the guys currently in the top 10. just the size and the jab alone were enough to handle a lot of fighting styles.
Sylvia beat Ricco when Ricco was The Man. I’ll never get tired of saying it.

Jon Jones and Silva are the goats

Should ban people who put quotations around things that are not actual quotes. Didn't you motherfuckers even go to middle school?

He still holds the record at 3 con. title defenses and therefore is the HW goat in the UFC. Its only 3 defenses but good luck breaking that record, any shot can take you out, like it did with Stipe, i think people who think this loss negates his legacy is either very young or partialy retarded, maybe your just not objective but when you look at the numbers he has the record, therefore he is the GOAT at HW. Stipe also isnt done he will come back and since he wont be getting the next shot i think he should fight a Blaydes or Volkoff for a contender fight, yes he deserves a direct rematch but he wont get it because of Brock, it didnt help that Ariel didnt leave it alone, Stipe didnt care to diss the boss publicly but he is sincere and when asked he will respond truthfully which maybe cost him the sympathys of DW.

Last edited:
Back