Media Stipe vs Cormier 3 confirmed by Mr. White

Unmotivated DC on way out for 1 more paycheck - will barely train nor show up.

Unfortunately for us.

DC has such a big ego, he can't accept to retire with a defeat.
and thank god for that!

Normally I'd argue that +40 year old fighters with two recent KO loss should be forced into retirement.

But when it comes to DC I'll give him a pass cause he hasn't lost to anyone but Stipe and Jones, and he proved just 1 year ago that he could KO Stipe. So it's not like he's been looking shot for multiple years.

giphy.gif

Rubbermatches are fine, usually necessary but this has held up the title for 3 years now. Hard to get excited about a great match which we've already seen twice recently.

Really don't care about this one.

DC decision via grappling and eye pokes....for the win.

Unfortunately for us.
really don't think DC will want to retire on a loss. He's not that guy, and as much as i'm sure he loves the big pay-checks, at this point he doesn't need the money.

I think DC will be motivated as hell. He would absolutely hate to retire on a loss. He's too much of a competitor to slack-off and collect a pay-check and take a lazy "L".

Stipe round 1 by 300 punches to the kidney.

Strange no one in this thread mentioned the only actual interesting news in that video. Dana said he has a handshake agreement do something with Floyd.. I know there were rumors from the photos at the NBA game they were at (sitting next to each other) but I never heard of a handshake agreement for a fight or anything until this video..Floyd s UFC MMA debut? Glory modified rules fight? first Zuffa boxing event feat Floyd return to boxing? Another Conor fight? I am intrigued even though it will likely be another spectacle fight. I think we all will still watch regardless as many fight fans are still longing to see floyd take his first loss or ko..Or maybe it is just a handshake to co-promote dana s forray into boxing (floyd s not fighting). I tend to think they talked about a floyd fight

We already know DC stipe 3 is coming...not exactly news

On the other hand... If we're playing hobby sports psychologists:
* if you're going into the very last fight of your career there's zero chance of "looking past your opponent" because you're aiming for the next one. Which is often cited as a primary reason for losing, among hobby sports psychologists
* If you wanna retired but can't retire on a loss - isn't that a stronger motivator to win your next fight - compared to a younger fighter who thinks he has time to redeem all his losses with future fights?

I really like this fight, so I'm happy to see it again.

Stipe wins. Bad decision by DC to take this match.

TfJUvBl.gif

db36c5e55a89d70fd30cf60de93e2596.gif

images

UFC should allow eye protection in this fight,DC is very dirty.
images

<DCWhoa>
I’m excited for this fight, especially considering that Stipe is only the second man to defeat DC.
Will be interesting to see how DC comes back from the loss.

Stipe vs Cormier 3 confirmed by Mr. White
well-shit-ilove-lucy-black-and-white-old-shows-well-gif-5611166.gif

dc is all for an immediate rematch when he loses, didnt want stipe to have one though

Back