Stipe tweet

Stipe deserves and should get a rematch soon

Well then honestly that would make Stipe the moron, and it wouldnt be the first time he's had a questionable gameplan. Its part of the reason I would favor DC in a rematch. I feel like DC will always have a better gameplan and more ways to win the fight.
I feel like Stipe always has a really good plan and has only lost when it was questionable. Truly, the three fights his gameplan was questionable were Struve, JDS 1 and DC

But you're right, it's ultimately falls on Stipe. I think they had a plan for dc and he ignored it

Immediate rematches have always been pretty rare and situation specific.

I’d say they are more selective rather than rare or specific.

If Dayna likes the fighter, or would prefer to have a certain champ, immediate rematches are a virtual certainty.

I feel like Stipe always has a really good plan and has only lost when it was questionable. Truly, the three fights his gameplan was questionable were Struve, JDS 1 and DC

But you're right, it's ultimately falls on Stipe. I think they had a plan for dc and he ignored it
That might be the case, but I think that, unlike other sports or even team sports, there are more factors at play that might get a fighter off a game plan.

In basketball, for example, the game plan might be to double a certain player, or switch on every screen, which is easy enough to do.

In mma, you can get somewhat scrambled from an unexpected strike landing, and cognition will almost certainly suffer.

Also, emotions can play a huge roll, as can the killer instinct. Cody thought tj was hurt and tried to swarm. The instinct to hurt and finish your rival can be a strong impulse, even if it’s not the game plan.

Stipe is the most overrated HW in MMA history

he KO'd werdum to win the title, but look at what werdum was doing. Werdum didn't even take him seriously. It was a Serra- GSP situation.

He then beat Alistar overeem who gets knocked out every time a girl kisses his cheek, and JDS, who hasn't looked good since he got brutally beaten by Cain years ago.
Lol at werdum not taking him seriously.

If Tim Sylvia didn't get an immediate rematch after 2 title defenses, I don't see why Stipe should get one. Especially given that Tim went 5 rounds with Randy and Stipe got KTFO in the 1st round.

Immediate rematches are shit anyway, in a perfect world neither Mighty Mouse nor Stipe should get one - why do you have to beat the champ twice in a row? It's just that when dudes with zero defenses like Cody are getting immediate rematches, Stipe can't help but complain.
Tim Sylvia??

Cmon Tim had 2 of the worst fights in ufc history (his defenses) before getting dominated.

Difference between losing a split decision and getting knocked out cold in 1 round.

Also a difference between 11 title defences and 3?

Also needle didn't move.

Thanks.

I’d say they are more selective rather than rare or specific.

If Dayna likes the fighter, or would prefer to have a certain champ, immediate rematches are a virtual certainty.
The sellability of the rematch relative to other options is of course a primary driver. Not whether Dana “likes” the fighter.

rematches i thought were for close contested fights. when someone gets blown out of the fucking water like stipe, you dont need to run it twice. earn your shot and get back after it.

That might be the case, but I think that, unlike other sports or even team sports, there are more factors at play that might get a fighter off a game plan.

In basketball, for example, the game plan might be to double a certain player, or switch on every screen, which is easy enough to do.

In mma, you can get somewhat scrambled from an unexpected strike landing, and cognition will almost certainly suffer.

Also, emotions can play a huge roll, as can the killer instinct. Cody thought tj was hurt and tried to swarm. The instinct to hurt and finish your rival can be a strong impulse, even if it’s not the game plan.
For sure and Stipe was eating that jab like he wanted to make Daniel look good so it's possible

But I had the vibe from the opening bell, and looking back on it, I feel Stipe wanted to get it over with and go home. Terrible idea against DC but any one is susceptible to believing their own hype after accomplishing so much

Plus he had a 9 month pregnant wife sitting in a hospital at home.

Seemed to me he thought he was gonna starch dc and get home and got KTFO for it

Stipe tries to appear all goofy and happy-go-lucky but he sure does complain a lot

You were KOed dude, stfu! There was not controversy, no lucky punch, no fluke or freak accident, not a close fight or even a robbery. Start over!

I can't answer for the user you quoted, but I did like the post.
IMO, Cain starches D.C. (Just my opinion here, but from what I have seen in their fights) Cain is far more comfortable and adept at using offensive leg and knee strikes than D.C. D.C. may have the power advantage in the hands, but I believe the legs strength of Cain and his familiarity of D.C.'s takedown setups, it would be a painful night for D.C. legs.
At this point, Werdum is 41 (Two years older that the retiring fighter that you would like to see him matched up against)? I STRONGLY disagree here, and question why? If having the highest combined age for two fighters competing for the UFC HW championship, you might as well go with 44 year old mark hunt. I am not sure that 84 tears old is the record with Couture fighting at 45, but. . . .
maybe but dc does have that chin though which cain doesnt. you say cain is familiar with dc's setups. conversely dc is also familiar with Cain's techniques and strategies lol. I am mot going to argue as this is purely hypothetical but yea this is coin toss.
as for werdum lol that was totally just a hypothetical matchup that I felt would be interesting if they fought in their respective primes. I think dc would beat werdum comfortably but cain will always struggle against werdum because doom is his nightmare matchup.

<YeahOKJen>

Only one person has ever rightfully won and held two belts simultaneously

Yeah.
<DC-Champ>
daniel-cormier-two-belts.gif

If Tim Sylvia didn't get an immediate rematch after 2 title defenses, I don't see why Stipe should get one. Especially given that Tim went 5 rounds with Randy and Stipe got KTFO in the 1st round.

Immediate rematches are shit anyway, in a perfect world neither Mighty Mouse nor Stipe should get one - why do you have to beat the champ twice in a row? It's just that when dudes with zero defenses like Cody are getting immediate rematches, Stipe can't help but complain.

Cain got an immediate rematch with Werdum after two title defenses, don't forget. But he injured himself (surprise surprise) out of the opportunity...which led to Stipe getting his title shot in the fist place....

The problem is that with DC's timetable for his retirement, plus his hand injury, it's pretty much a case of immediate rematch or no rematch EVER. And the latter is kind of sad...as DC, who pursues Jones like Ahab pursued Moby Dick, should know.

It's amazing that people are dumping all over Stipe, the man who makes zero complaints and zero excuses. He wants a rematch. Oh no. What a scoundrel.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing DC and Miocic fight again.

As much as I like DC, I didn't expect him to flat-line Stipe in the first like that.
DC will duck, he begs for rematches but doesn't like giving them

Back