Stipe tweet

@Arm Barbarian, do you think dc beats prime cain? both in their primes. I dont think sparring is a good indicator at all. people always reserve their best for the real fight. sparring is more for tinkering and addressing weaknesses plus working on some specific techniques and strategies. cain may beat dc in sparring but I highly doubt the real fight would yield a similar outcome. these two are possibly the best heavyweight fighters of all time. atleast top 5 for sure.
another matchup that would be interesting is definitely werdum vs dc. Even though cain lost to werdum I do believe dc beats werdum. like what is werdum going to do? flop around on the floor? dc beats him on the feet. wont engage him on the ground so that would be a stalemate. werdum's chin is questionable albeit good.

I can't answer for the user you quoted, but I did like the post.
IMO, Cain starches D.C. (Just my opinion here, but from what I have seen in their fights) Cain is far more comfortable and adept at using offensive leg and knee strikes than D.C. D.C. may have the power advantage in the hands, but I believe the legs strength of Cain and his familiarity of D.C.'s takedown setups, it would be a painful night for D.C. legs.
At this point, Werdum is 41 (Two years older that the retiring fighter that you would like to see him matched up against)? I STRONGLY disagree here, and question why? If having the highest combined age for two fighters competing for the UFC HW championship, you might as well go with 44 year old mark hunt. I am not sure that 84 tears old is the record with Couture fighting at 45, but. . . .

lol this doesn't work
Seemed to work for him.
Cormier-Johnson-Belt.png

Fact - DC won the undisputed title and has defended it on three occasions, and currently holds this title. Whether or not you like the circumstances under which it occurred doesn't change this fact.

Lol, normally agree with Stipe, but nah. Get over it champ.

As a Stipe hugger that roots for him, Stipe please just stfu sound like a bitter bum.

No, but wait... he really didn't lol

All trolling aside
When bruce buffer introduces DC, he introduces him as the undisputed ufc light heavyweight champion of the world. You and Jon disputing DC's title doesn't change its status.

Cormier addressed this. He said "If Brock doesn't make it, he'd happily give Stipe a rematch"

It's ONLY about the money for DC right now. And at 39, double champ, retiring at 40, it's understandable.

If Stipe paid him the difference in money he loses by taking the rematch, he would fight Stipe, I bet.

He's not afraid of Stipe. He is afraid of the financial future. #Need_dem_dollahs.

Cody and JJ got ktfo in a short amount of time and still got rematches. Give the man his damn rematch!

When bruce buffer introduces DC, he introduces him as the undisputed ufc light heavyweight champion of the world. You and Jon disputing DC's title doesn't change its status.
I'm not disputing anything

Cormier never beat a champion at 205

That is not an undisputed title regardless of what Bruce buffer (lol) says

That's not how combat sports have ever worked, ever

If Stipe paid him the difference in money he loses by taking the rematch, he would fight Stipe, I bet.

He's not afraid of Stipe. He is afraid of the financial future. #Need_dem_dollahs.
He really shouldn't be, he's a millionaire and could do commentary/coach till the day he dies. But I don't blame him for wanting a nice Brawk payday.

I'm not disputing anything

Cormier never beat a champion at 205

That is not an undisputed title regardless of what Bruce buffer (lol) says

That's not how combat sports have ever worked, ever
There was no champion at 205, the title was vacant when DC won it. Do you consider all WW and MW champions post GSP to be "disputed" champions?

There was no champion at 205, the title was vacant when DC won it. Do you consider all WW and MW champions post GSP to be "disputed" champions?
GSP retired champ and didn't beat the current champ. The lineage did end which is disappointing but he ain't coming back. Jones is.

GSP retired champ and didn't beat the current champ. The lineage did end which is disappointing but he ain't coming back. Jones is.
So a title is "disputed" if the guy who originally had the title but vacated/was stripped may return at some point and not disputed if they aren't?

An undisputed title is and has always been about recognition by the organisations. DC is the undisputed champion by the only consistent metric.

So a title is "disputed" if the guy who originally had the title but vacated/was stripped may return at some point and not disputed if they aren't?

An undisputed title is and has always been about recognition by the organisations. DC is the undisputed champion by the only consistent metric.
He lost twice to the only other guy who held a title while he was there

Stipe fouvht Ike a complete retard.

Some moron made him think he was going to walk straight through dc.

Number 2 would look completely different
Well then honestly that would make Stipe the moron, and it wouldnt be the first time he's had a questionable gameplan. Its part of the reason I would favor DC in a rematch. I feel like DC will always have a better gameplan and more ways to win the fight.

Stipe & DJ BOTH don't deserve rematches.

Fuck immediate rematches.

I'd be happy if both didn't fight for the belt for a long time.

well, DC already agreed to rematch if Lesnar doesnt make it

Stipe might hold the title defenses record, but has nothing on how DJ dominated FLW, having said that, neither should get rematches, if someone could is Stipe actually, simply because DJ winning will put the final nail in the FLW coffin.

Yet, Cody got an immediate rematch after getting koed in the second round of his first title defense.

Which was stupid. And look how that turned out.

Stipe's post is dumb.
His fight outcome was not remotely close to MM's (a controversial close decision).

Cormier's post is weird.
We've gone from automatic rematches, no matter what, to no hope for rematches ever within about 1.5 yrs?
Immediate rematches have always been pretty rare and situation specific.

Back