Rumored Stipe to retire, Eye not healing well.

HOPING FOR DC vs Ngannou. But we all know that he doesn't want that fight. He doesn't want to fly over the octagon and drop down KTFO stiff. UFC will make Soa Palelei get out of his retirement for Cormier's last
"showdown"
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}
and that's it. At least he can win and cry about his retirement, his eyes are very healthy instead of what he did to Stipe's. Criminal, at least.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR STIPE!! WAR SOA PALELEI!! WAR ANY CORMIER'S OPPONENT!!

The black emperor vs the last emperor
Emelianenko vs Emelianegro
giphy.gif

I couldn't care less tbh. Hope he heals up, but if didn't return to MMA, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

are you joking? that is definitely not in the rules, you can be DQ'd for the first eye poke if the ref rules it that way.

You're right here, but unfortunately it might as well be in the damn rules. Referees are so lax on eye pokes it's absurd. Like, take a fuckin' point. I get that they don't want to be overly officious, but it's starting to cross a line where fighters are starting to look at it as a free foul.

You're right here, but unfortunately it might as well be in the damn rules. Referees are so lax on eye pokes it's absurd. Like, take a fuckin' point. I get that they don't want to be overly officious, but it's starting to cross a line where fighters are starting to look at it as a free foul.
that's why I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not. :D It didn't seem to be but could have been a joke saying that was a rule making fun of how refs are way too lax on fouls.

This is obviously a terrible shame if it comes true, BUT you all cant tell me that you wouldnt mind a hungry Ngannou fighting 4x a year as a possible replacement

hey dc if u gonna retire go retire dont end somebodys career with your eyepoke tactics

Sounds like more whining about the eye pokes or negotiating tactics more than anything.

I would guess negotiation tactics if anything.

But if by some stretch it was actually true, then I say do Jones vs DC 3 with eyepokes allowed. <DCrying>

are you joking? that is definitely not in the rules, you can be DQ'd for the first eye poke if the ref rules it that way.

Give me an example of this happening vs examples of guys getting a warning. Come. The. Fuck. On.

He will probably be fine. But Fuck DC and the third fight. You don't get it..

I don't get this DC Stipe trilogy bs. Stipe should be fighting Jones or Ngannou now. DC doesn't deserve the rematch since there were intentional blatant eyepokes in both fights, also causing Stipe to be sidelined with injuries. Why should Stipe agree to even consider a third fight? I have no interest in seeing it as a fan either, without eyepokes, Stipe is the better fighter period.

This sucks to new levels.
Maybe now that we're losing fighters and fights the UFC can address the eye poking epidemic?
I hope Stipe gets better and we get a trilogy, but if his ultimate legacy ends up being new rules implemented to stop dangerous cheating then so be it. Sucks but it could be worse, IF the UFC does something.

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. Cormier stared long enough at Jon Jones to become Jon Jones himself.

How hard is it to just produce a curved glove ? I do not recall Pride having all that many eye pokes, every UFC practically has an eye poke and they don't seem to be doing anything about it when there are options.

Back