Stipe says only fight he'll accept is a DC rematch, confident it happens in spite of Lesnar.

It's almost like he forgot that DC cracked a completely roided out Bigfoot at HW and was undefeated at HW... Lol
He literally just let DC get in striking range and blocked punches with his face repeatedly, even though the punches were clearly stunning him. Was perplexing as fuck to watch.

Prior to the fight I called for Stipe to win, hitting him with straight punches from range. And he did that for like a minute and a half, and just stopped and started trading punches in the pocket for no apparent reason. Glad I didn't put any money on it.

He literally just let DC get in striking range and blocked punches with his face repeatedly, even though the punches were clearly stunning him. Was perplexing as fuck to watch.

Prior to the fight I called for Stipe to win, hitting him with straight punches from range. And he did that for like a minute and a half, and just stopped and started trading punches in the pocket for no apparent reason. Glad I didn't put any money on it.
If you go back and watch, I think he got over confident in the clinch when he thought he was the stronger man and DC let him bully him for a minute.

I believe that is what led to his knockout, honestly.

I watched the fight for the first time two days ago. I though by reading that DC kind of had luck on the fight.
But to be honest, he was holding his own very good in there, specially in the moments before the KO.

That being sad, I don't want to see a rematch yet. Enough with the rematches.
You lost, get over it. Go back in line, win a fight against a top 3-5 and than fight back for the title.

I mean....if Dana liked him it might work. Otherwise I don't see this happening at all.

If you don't want to market yourself then you better pray you keep that belt because the minute you lose it you become worthless. Enjoy your stay in the land of salt ex champ. Jose Aldo bless.

I like Stipe but unfortunately in this era of marketing you are absolutely right.

that only hurts him because he lost. where he really fucked up was allowing DC to finish him in the 1st rd.

had the fight been an epic war like his 1st fight with JDS where both men had taken lots of damage, and then he got KO'd, it would make the UFC think about wanting a rematch.

but because he got destroyed in a single rd by a smaller guy, it's very hard to get a rematch after that.
Yeah, agreed. But, if he had a HUGE following, and he worked up his image.... then he would be able to make a case for a rematch even now, with Brock in the picture.

Brock fucking lesnar doesn't deserve shit and everybody that knows MMA knows this fight is a fuckin joke. Stipe defended more than any HW and he doesn't deserve a rematch? Who the fuck does then?

Fuckin circus.

This is more of a JJ-Rose scenario.
A JJ-Rose scenario involves an ex-champ who 1. was dominant and 2. people gave a shit about 3. was widely thought of as the all-time best of her division

Even if you factor out #3 (Stipend is at a natural disadvantage since HW has been around longer):

No one gives a shit about Stipe.

DC isn't going to pass up a Brock payday and I don't blame him.

Stipe got KTFO. Go fight and beat another contender while DC fights Brock and you're right back in line for a title shot. If DC is really planning on retiring after the Brock fight, then if I was the UFC I'd book Stipe vs. Blaydes on the very next card likely for the vacated HW title.

who the fuck does stipe think he is making demands? he was the bore champion who didn't draw a dime. dana will cut your ass

Cmon now we all know immigrant mentality was nothing but Mike bisping on hw. He ain't touching that gold any time soon. He needs to chill Lil longer after dc bounced his head in canvas
Put some hespect on his name

See, I honestly don't know.
I mean, I hear ya.
But IMHO Blaydes is not ready (same as Francis wasn't ready).

Volkov could be... but do you really think he did enough to fight for the belt?
I mean Werdum is a great win, but he's 3-3 in his last 6. Struve is 3-5 in his last 8 and Roy 4-8...
I mean they are the best names on his resume, but he didn't fight them when they were at the best time in their careers.... Make sense?

I just don't know if this is enough to say he is a top contender...
I think blaydes is ready. or at least the one that has the best shot out of the top 10. not sure if good enough to beat DC but he has to try, right? but fucking lewis is number 2, damn..... but he definitely doesn't deserve a shot after that performance. but I think all this talk is irrelevant since I don't see DC fighting anyone at HW aside brock. unless he pops. but I see him fighting gus if he beats volkan impressively, since if he loses he would still have the HW belt and the crack at brock

I feel him but I have literally zero desire of watching them fight again. At least for now.

i like Stipe,

but he was terrible in that interview-

disjointed, confused...sounded like Rockhod before the Romero fight.

any chance Stipe had at rematch he lost in that interview.

Ain't gonna happen less Brock pops again. Only possible scenario I can see.

On a side note I finally realized what Stipe reminds me of when he is talking...

ef667d8fe1e89e9e8cd4b5aa728936d1.jpg

I honestly think Stipe is a dumbass. He won't get that fight, and he's an idiot to sit waiting for it.

Back