Stipe Miocic Wants Big Nog, But Big Nog Wants Mitrione.

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
UFC Tonight reports that Stipe Miocic, although disappointed he didn't get the Browne fight is now gunning for a fight with Big Nog. Big Nog says he is open to anything the UFC offers, but wants Mitrione if he beats Schaub on Saturday.

Thoughts?

You know the HW division has changed over the years when Nog is vying for a fight with the likes of Matt Mitrione.

That was kind of crazy to me. I think Meathead is actually a worse matchup for Big Nog. He has crazy power and a good chin. I think he's have an easier time with Miocic style wise.

That was kind of crazy to me. I think Meathead is actually a worse matchup for Big Nog. He has crazy power and a good chin. I think he's have an easier time with Miocic style wise.

I am 100% confident that the shots that Stipe hit Big Country with would knock out Nog.

Also, when has Mitrione looked that good on the feet that he outclassed a game opponent like Nelson?

I am 100% confident that the shots that Stipe hit Big Country with would knock out Nog.

Also, when has Mitrione looked that good on the feet that he outclassed a game opponent like Nelson?

Agreed.

nog is so done...just like shogun

Not just like Shogun. Nog has knees, but no arms. Shogun has arms, but no knees.

Wait a minute...

I just had a rad idea to revitalise both their MMA careers...

crippledmasters.jpg

This makes a lot of sense. Mitrione beating someone like Schaub is sure to propel him into the top 5, we're talking about Brendan Schaub here not some arrogant gatekeeper, this dude is in another time zone when it comes to MMA and if he aint knocking people out he's neutralizing their game.

Nog has knees
Nog had surgery on both of his knees in 2009... Along with his hips, his arms, his eye...

There's nobody in MMA, that I can think of, that has had more surgery than Big Nog.

i'm guessing that there is subtlety in those comments.

for example, i highly doubt he said "i INSIST i fight Meathead, and will REFUSE to fight anyone but him...", and yet ~90% of people who read this thread will extrapolate that he did, and for the next 2 years will go around saying Big Nog "picks his fights"

you, dear reader, can choose whether to be that type of forum warrior, or not.

TS, i didn't see the show, but please answer this: is all that happened is that someone asked him who he'd like to fight, and he answered a reporters question?

i'm guessing that there is subtlety in those comments.

for example, i highly doubt he said "i INSIST i fight Meathead, and will REFUSE to fight anyone but him...", and yet ~90% of people who read this thread will extrapolate that he did, and for the next 2 years will go around saying Big Nog "picks his fights"

you, dear reader, can choose whether to be that type of forum warrior, or not.

TS, i didn't see the show, but please answer this: is all that happened is that someone asked him who he'd like to fight, and he answered a reporters question?

He said he's open to whatever the UFC has for him, but when asked what HE personally wanted next, it was Mitrione if he beats Schaub.

This makes a lot of sense. Mitrione beating someone like Schaub is sure to propel him into the top 5, we're talking about Brendan Schaub here not some arrogant gatekeeper, this dude is in another time zone when it comes to MMA and if he aint knocking people out he's neutralizing their game.

This is the second over-the-top, facetious Schaub support post I've seen today, from 2 different posters. Is there a Schaub Troll Campaign I've fallen victim to?

He said he's open to whatever the UFC has for him, but when asked what HE personally wanted next, it was Mitrione if he beats Schaub.

And before Struve's heart swelled up Nog was looking to fight him

This is the second over-the-top, facetious Schaub support post I've seen today, from 2 different posters. Is there a Schaub Troll Campaign I've fallen victim to?

sarcasm_detector.jpg

Nog is really reaching down the totem pole nowadays.

Back