Stipe Miocic vs. Vitaly Minakov

panzer723

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What will happen if the UFC Heavyweight Champion Stipe "Deadshot" Miocic fights Bellator Heavyweight Champion Vitaly "Russian Fatality" Minakov,Who will win?

Way to big a jump in comp for him, would rather see him fight Rampage for the belt. If he were going to UFC (or a promo poached a UFC guy for him to fight) I would rather see him fight Travis Browne.

Minakov isn't the Bellator Heavyweight Champion. He was stripped of the belt. He hasn't fought for Bellator since April of 2014!

Minakov is good, but should fight someone lower ranked before Stipe. Big Country, Browne maybe, then we'll see if he's good to fight the champ.

I think it's actually a pretty good match up. Stipe likely wins but Minakov's got a great ground game.

Minakov isn't the Bellator Heavyweight Champion. He was stripped of the belt. He hasn't fought for Bellator since April of 2014!

I know, that's why I said "for the" instead of "to defend the".

None of Minakov's wins tell me he beats Stee-pay. His last good opponent was an old Cheick Kongo and he still had plenty of trouble with him.

None of Minakov's wins tell me he beats Stee-pay. His last good opponent was an old Cheick Kongo and he still had plenty of trouble with him.

Ya well Stee-pay getting subbed by Struve doesn't tell me he would be able to hang with Minakov who is undefeated and has some big wins.

The UFC hw belt is a total joke the list of fighters that have heldthat belt is endless along with the fact that none of those fighters are able to keep it for very long would lead me to believe that many of them are simply on a hot streak and I think that is what Miocic is on right now and will most likely not have that belt after his next fight.

I think it would be a good fight. Tough one to call.

Minakov is good but hasn't been tested enough to know how great he is. I actually just watched his fight with Kongo again today. I'd put him somewhere in the top 15. Miocic has looked great lately but he did get KO'd by Struve not that long ago and JDS beat him up. In this sport, you never know, especially with the big guys. I'd probably favor Miocic 70/30 right now but I haven't analysed them in any great detail.

I think Miocic is better than Minakov everywhere except submissions and maybe, just maybe, ground control and transitions. We can't really say whether Vitaly will be top 5 or not until he fights someone a quality opponent. Right now, I think he would be a top 10 guy.

Ya well Stee-pay getting subbed by Struve doesn't tell me he would be able to hang with Minakov who is undefeated and has some big wins.

The UFC hw belt is a total joke the list of fighters that have heldthat belt is endless along with the fact that none of those fighters are able to keep it for very long would lead me to believe that many of them are simply on a hot streak and I think that is what Miocic is on right now and will most likely not have that belt after his next fight.
Lol, I forgot about the Struve fight so I'll give you that one but it happened in 2012. What was Minakov doing around that time? Barely being able to beat Ryan Martinez.

Whether Minakov is undefeated or not shouldn't matter considering that Minakov's only "big" wins are old-Kongo, Josh Copeland, and Alexander Volkov. Fabricio Werdum is a far bigger win than any of those guys.

Lol, I forgot about the Struve fight so I'll give you that one but it happened in 2012. What was Minakov doing around that time? Barely being able to beat Ryan Martinez.

Whether Minakov is undefeated or not shouldn't matter considering that Minakov's only "big" wins are old-Kongo, Josh Copeland, and Alexander Volkov. Fabricio Werdum is a far bigger win than any of those guys.

Fair enough Werdum is a bigger win than any of the wins Minakov has but it still doesn't mean that Minakov couldn't take out Miocic and as for Kongo well to me he is no different than he was in the UFC and has managed to get a win over Volkov and go the distance with Minakov,Volkov is great despite not being ranked properly in the bias rankings,he holds wins over Ivanov and Smoldarev.

Back