Stipe Miocic: Is He Good Enough To Fight For The Title In The Near Future?

Terrible, awful match making by the UFC. Desperate matchmaking. Let's see him fight a few legitimate top 10 heavies. I like Stipe, but come on now.

like most people said, HW is too shallow. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fight for the title as replacement for an injured fighter.

If Miocic beats JDS, he most certainly deserves a title shot. But that's true for any HW, so it's not saying much. I think Miocic - JDS will/would be more competitive than people think (even though JDS is my personal fave): similar styles - athletic boxers with great chins and cardio. JDS has the power edge, of course.

He's like the only contender right now outside of Werdum. Which is why the shouldn't book the JDS fight, because Stipe will probably lose and then we have no contenders. But yeah, he's bonafide top 5 and could def contend.

Dos Santos won't fight much longer. He couldn't beat Cain.
Stipe won't beat Cain.

Hopefully he is, i mean the guy is an elite level wrestler and a golden gloves boxer even though i dont agree that he has KO power, at least havent shown it yet

Depends on how they book him. He's certainly talented enough to earn a title shot in the shallow HW division. But if they rebook the JDS fight he will get destroyed and that will pretty much eliminate the possibility of him fighting for the title in the near future.

Everything you say is true.... But I still think the fight with JDS would be the more fun fight to watch.

There are no fun fight for Cain right now .... So feed him anybody.

Depends on how they book him. He's certainly talented enough to earn a title shot in the shallow HW division. But if they rebook the JDS fight he will get destroyed and that will pretty much eliminate the possibility of him fighting for the title in the near future.

Everything you say is true.... But I still think the fight with JDS would be the more fun fight to watch.

HW is shallow because everyone and their mothers is cutting weight.

But i dont think its that shallow, not much than any other weight division.

I dont think Stipe can beat Cain, JDS maybe

Take a page from Mousassi...

Stipe is "in the mix", his next fight should "be against a winner". Personally I'd like him to fight Dos santos like they has originally wanted too. And then after that a title eliminator fight against someone coming off a win, e.g. Travis Browne, Big Foot Silva.

But realistically, HW is so shallow right now with everyone BUT Stipe and Werdum coming off losses (with the exception of Overeem, but he just beat Mir, so in my book, that doesn't count)

He could definitely fight for the title, sure. All he needs to do is win one more fight and I could see them giving him the shot. He would get destroyed by Cain though. I also think JDS beats him so they probably shouldn't make that fight for now.

I don't understand the hype around him. Although he did look good against Nelson, I thought his performance against Gonzaga was bad, and knocking out Fabio was not impressive. I really want to see him fight JDS or Overeem later this year, and if he gets past them, then give him the next title shot. I don't see him beating JDS, but I could see him beating Overeem due to his gas tank running out.

I want to see his ground game tested, let's see him fight Schaub.

Schaub via shutdown

A lot of fighters have a hard time evolving between fights and still exhibit the same weaknesses in much later bouts. I don't think this is the case with Stipe, as he always seems to be getting better in every area. Yes, I do think after a fight of two he will challenge for the Heavyweight title and I actually think he may win it.:icon_chee

HW is very shallow. Browne, Miocic, Hunt and Overeem are all up there with 1 or 2 wins. You would have to add Big foot and JDS if Werdum beats Cain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back