Media Stipe Miocic Avoiding Eye Poke Questions "Next Question" & Still Has Not Seen The First DC Fight

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Didn't look accidental to me

I'm not pushing a narrative
I'm taking apart the one that Steeopic fans created

I'll shut up about the eye pokes when they do

By all means, talk about it all you want. They still had an impact on the outcome of that fight either way.

If it’s accidental it isn’t cheating

Troll
You're suggesting we agree that it was accidental

I don't think it was
{<shrug}

Can't take someone having a different opinion so pull a troll card
Childish

Stipe is way too unintelligent to make any big adjustments for this rematch. To make matters worse dc has above average intelligence compared to other fighters and notices small details that a meathead like stipe can't comprehend
Yeah ok. Thanks for identifying yourself as a retard.

Don’t watch a lot of his fights, huh?

If Stipe's claims of not rewatching the first fight are true it is about as unintelligent as you can get as a fighter.

There is a level of honesty every fighter needs to have in order to grow from where they are. And I don't see how having a mindset that "DC got lucky" will help him in this fight.

not gonna lie, i have grown to dislike stipe ever since that last fight.

I think you could put cooking mitts on DC and DC would still find a way to beat Stipe

Top-sales-1Pair-Heat-Resistant-Gloves-Oven-Mitts-Kitchen-Gloves-Grill-BBQ-Baking-Cooking-Glove-Oven.jpg_640x640.jpg

Stipe needs to be more assertive.

Not even the Cleveland fire department puts any respek on his name

EB89eRZUEAAs7Kl

<{Heymansnicker}>

No joke, this has been his fire jacket for years now and he didnt even bother to complain

The eye pokes from both sides were unfortunate, but irrelevant to the end result. As far as not watching the fight- I'm sure his coaches have watched it dozens of times in order to make the proper adjustments. It would be amateurish not to.

Stipe also said he still hasn't watched the fight. This 2nd interview was recorded on saturday / sunday. A week out and he still hasn't seen the actual fight. Wow
I do think it's a huge mistake by Stipe not to watch the 1st fight and figure out what went wrong and what went right. I just think Cormier is a tactical clever fighter who exploits holes in your fight style and sticks to a game-plan.

Stipe I get the feeling hasn't developed his game a bit and is just thinking "i'm gonna go hit him before he hits me this time".

It's just a mistake not to carefully check-back on what you did wrong in a loss, and fix that problem.

Maybe i'm wrong, and Stipe flattens DC in the first 2mins, but.....like I said before Stipe is very hittable, doesn't move his feet much or his head much. DC will grind it out for 5rounds if he has to, and DC will make sure that he's enough to get the 10-9 each round more or less.

Anyway, Saturday is looking great, hope everyone makes weight and we have a lot to to about after this PPV event.

A lot of people claim that Stipe lost the first fight because of the eye pokes. Originally I was on that bandwagon because I was heated & on the verge of throwing my computer out of the window after DC beat Stipe the first time. The more I watch it, the more I see Stipe getting a bit tired & DC taking over.

The eye pokes, even after 13 months have passed, is still the biggest narrative of the fight. In the two most recent Stipe interviews I've seen, he's avoiding the questions of the eye pokes. I remember Helwani interviews back in November where Stipe often mentioned the eye pokes as a reason for his loss. Seems like he's changed his tune:

"A lot of your supporters seem to talk about the eye pokes as a factor in the first fight"

"Uh just uh, next question"

The guy immediately changed topics. I would too if I was interviewing Stipe Miocic with that look in his eyes
View attachment 629755

This guy on the other hand doesn't get what that response means

"were there eye pokes in the first fight?"

"Next question....next question....next question...next question"

Stipe literally says it four times and this fuckin goof continues on about it.
Miocic-eye-poke-DC.jpg

View attachment 629757

I think Stipe's coaches have convinced him that it wasn't a factor in the fight. Stipe also said he still hasn't watched the fight. This 2nd interview was recorded on saturday / sunday. A week out and he still hasn't seen the actual fight. Wow

Nah, its not that they've convinced him that the eye pokes weren't a factor. Its more likely that they convinced him that from a PR perspective, its a losing proposition to talk about it. Whether it caused him to lose or not, he's going to be flamed for bringing it up. People will act like he's whining, making excuses, lying, delusional, what have you.

Stipe is way too unintelligent to make any big adjustments for this rematch. To make matters worse dc has above average intelligence compared to other fighters and notices small details that a meathead like stipe can't comprehend
yeah more or less THIS!

If.Stipe really hasnt watched the fight ... ur post would be fair game for sure.

I do think it's a huge mistake by Stipe not to watch the 1st fight and figure out what went wrong and what went right. I just think Cormier is a tactical clever fighter who exploits holes in your fight style and sticks to a game-plan.

Stipe I get the feeling hasn't developed his game a bit and is just thinking "i'm gonna go hit him before he hits me this time".

It's just a mistake not to carefully check-back on what you did wrong in a loss, and fix that problem.

Maybe i'm wrong, and Stipe flattens DC in the first 2mins, but.....like I said before Stipe is very hittable, doesn't move his feet much or his head much. DC will grind it out for 5rounds if he has to, and DC will make sure that he's enough to get the 10-9 each round more or less.

Anyway, Saturday is looking great, hope everyone makes weight and we have a lot to to about after this PPV event.

Do you really think that Stipe didn't analyzed his fight with DC?

he is just avoiding the question so he doesn't sound like he is bitter because of the loss.

Back