Media Stipe Miocic Avoiding Eye Poke Questions "Next Question" & Still Has Not Seen The First DC Fight

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

A lot of people claim that Stipe lost the first fight because of the eye pokes. Originally I was on that bandwagon because I was heated & on the verge of throwing my computer out of the window after DC beat Stipe the first time. The more I watch it, the more I see Stipe getting a bit tired & DC taking over.

The eye pokes, even after 13 months have passed, is still the biggest narrative of the fight. In the two most recent Stipe interviews I've seen, he's avoiding the questions of the eye pokes. I remember Helwani interviews back in November where Stipe often mentioned the eye pokes as a reason for his loss. Seems like he's changed his tune:

"A lot of your supporters seem to talk about the eye pokes as a factor in the first fight"

"Uh just uh, next question"

The guy immediately changed topics. I would too if I was interviewing Stipe Miocic with that look in his eyes
upload_2019-8-14_14-20-56.png

This guy on the other hand doesn't get what that response means

"were there eye pokes in the first fight?"

"Next question....next question....next question...next question"

Stipe literally says it four times and this fuckin goof continues on about it.
Miocic-eye-poke-DC.jpg

upload_2019-8-14_14-23-23.jpeg

I think Stipe's coaches have convinced him that it wasn't a factor in the fight. Stipe also said he still hasn't watched the fight. This 2nd interview was recorded on saturday / sunday. A week out and he still hasn't seen the actual fight. Wow

Massive respect

They obviously altered the fight and impacted the result

You can't go into a rematch with that mindset plus you know fans, any hint of an excuse and they'll crucify you.

516169.jpg

Probably bud, just think it's weird he is avoiding the question now. He used to mention it quite a bit
He may have mentioned them once or twice. But only when asked but never used them as an excuse

Hasn't watched the first fight? I call tremendous bullshit.

If I were rematching a guy I got starched by you can bet your ass I'd be watching it three times a day to gain as much insight as possible.

Odd if true!

Would be hypocritical for him to complain about eye pokes
He knows he did that shit too.

I thought they definitely did affect the fight.. Stipe seemed to be doing pretty well actually prior to them

We will see this Saturday though..

Would be hypocritical for him to complain about eye pokes
He knows he did that shit too.
Dude, give it a rest. His was accidental and negligible. He took three, two were massive and not on accident, one JUST before the KO

They aren’t even comparable. Stop pushing your narrative

Stipe is way too unintelligent to make any big adjustments for this rematch. To make matters worse dc has above average intelligence compared to other fighters and notices small details that a meathead like stipe can't comprehend

If it’s ttue that he still hasn’t watched the film of his loss to DC then that’s really disappointing.

I always would’ve expected Stipe to be the kind of humble guy who would be honest about his mistakes and where he could do better. But instead, this loss has seemed to reveal to us that he’s really stubborn and kind of in denial of the fact that he should change up his gameplan.

Last edited:
Stipe is way too unintelligent to make any big adjustments for this rematch. To make matters worse dc has above average intelligence compared to other fighters and notices small details that a meathead like stipe can't comprehend

That's why fighters have coaches. You do know that, right?

Dude, give it a rest. His was accidental and negligible. He took three, two were massive and not on accident, one JUST before the KO

That dudes a Jones fan and constantly bashes DC. I think he's just being honest.

Didn't look accidental to me

I'm not pushing a narrative
I'm taking apart the one that Steeopic fans created

I'll shut up about the eye pokes when they do

Hasn't watched the fight? Hopefully his coaches have and instructed him to keep his hands up while exiting the clinch.

Didn't look accidental to me

I'm not pushing a narrative
I'm taking apart the one that Steeopic fans created

I'll shut up about the eye pokes when they do
Cormier’s multiple eye pokes despite the multiple warnings directly affected the fight and the result

Not even comparable. You just make yourself sound silly

Cormier’s multiple eye pokes despite the multiple warnings directly affected the fight and the result

Not even comparable. You just make yourself sound silly
I'm not arguing who was more effective with their cheating

Back