Media Stipe Miocic Accepted Fight Against Jon Jones (Per Dana White)

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Respect that’s a hard fight especially after being knocked out. Good to see Stipe isn’t fading away just yet and still has some fight in him.

If either wins they will have a sparkling name added too their resume.

Dc laid out a game plan Jones can follow- eye poke for the win. Stipe has weak eyes
Stipe has learned to adapt and overcome. He got the last laugh in the feud against DC, especially when it came to eyepokes

Resume doesn't mean shit when someone is old and washed up. Stipe has insane mileage. Nearly 40 years old, 2KO losses and 2 wars in his last 4.
So what exactly is the point of Jones moving up to HW if the majority of the HW’s are shit? It’s not like it’s a deep division. There is basically one fight anyone is talking about for Jones and that’s it. And Francis like I told you is currently having his own issues with the UFC thanks to Uncle Dana.

Respect to Stipe for agreeing.

Dude is nearly 40, has fought Francis twice, D.C. 3x, JDS x2, Mark Hunt, Werdum, Alister, and got KOed in his last fight.

Takes balls and no matter if Sherdog turned on him he’s still one of my favourites.
Agreed. I really like Stipe alot. BTW, I believe he should have won the decision in the first JDS fight.

The problems hasn't been opponents wanting to fight Jones. It's Jones wanting to accept a fight with anyone at HW.

Would be amusing if Stipe simply agreed to same pay as Jones. Jones of course asking for quite a bit so not much of a gamble.

I don't think Jones fights at HW unless it is for the belt. I don't think he can beat any of the top 4 HWs other than maybe Lewis. Ngannou KOs Jones within 2 rounds, I thin Stipe would finish Jones as well and Gane would pick Jones apart IMO and might be able to pick up a late finish.

I think Jones is hoping Lewis beats Gane and Ngannou so he has a better chance at winning the HW belt.

Jones is waiting to challenge the winner of the interm.

Dana is in the process of screwing around with Francis as well. This is obvious. Why else are we having a interim championship only several months removed from Francis winning the fucking belt? Dana can’t stop fucking around with his fighters. His ego trumps everything else.
The UFC wanted Lewis fighting for a belt in Houston one way or another

Yea so well deserved he was happy with his pay in his previous fignts but suddenly needs 10x more money to fight Ngannou. He scared.
Man I don't understand you guys.

One day you're bitching about fighter pay saying pay them more.

Then one of the greatest, most recognizable MMA of all time attempts to break the financial glass ceiling and you guys tell him shut up and fight.

And he didn't ask for 10 times more. Jon said he normally makes about $5 mil each fight and he asked for $15 mil. That's 3 times more.

Would love to see it, don't see Jones actually getting in there though.

So wait y is stipe fighting Jones when he just got knocked out shouldn’t that be Francis money fight wtf Dana on coke or something rewarding the guy who just got knocked out lolllllll Dana really hates Francis

The UFC wanted Lewis fighting for a belt in Houston one way or another
And I think Dana is fighting with Francis over his contract..

Francis has tweeted about NOT making enough money. He also wanted the Jones fight, and advocated for both of them to get paid handsomely for it.. Suddenly Dana wants an Interim Belt.. No coincidence.

That's Dana 101..

Big Fights Come 2nd.. Dana's Ego, and screwing over fighters comes 1st..

Jones by lopsided unanimous decision or ground and pound later rounds finish

Back