Media Stipe Miocic Accepted Fight Against Jon Jones (Per Dana White)

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Stipe is delusional. If Francis can knock him out, imagine what Jon would do to him.

It would be an awesome fight. And it would be a huge step in saving Jones legacy if he took and won this fight.
But I don't think Jones is going to take a fight at HW unless it is for top dollars and the belt. He looks to be semi retired right now by the looks of it.

It's a good fight for everyone imo.

For Jones, it dusts the cobweb before facing Ngannou (or whoever beats him before). You don't want to start a fight vs Ngannou with any ring rust.
For Stipe, it's a good money and legacy fight and shows he is still relevant if he wins.
For Ngannou it makes his next opponent much more legit, whether it's Stipe or Jones. If if he fights Stipe or Jones straight away, people will still say they were both washed up.
I agree with your point as a whole but taking a fight with Stipe isn't just some warm up fight to "dust off your cobwebs". We don't know how Jones can handle HWs.

I personaly think he should take some outside the top 10 and create some hype and shake off some ring rust and get acclimated to HW and then go for the belt.

This isn't news.

Stipe would have happily fought Jones if Stipe won against Ngannou at the beginning of the year, and obviously he'd still say yes to fighting Jones.

It'd still be a main event, and it'd still be a huge PPV point buy. Possibly over a million out of curiosity of how Jones would do at HW.

The problem is Jones wanting the payday from Dana that Dana doesn't want to give him.

$20 Million?
$15 Million?
$10 Million?

Who knows.

Regardless after 18 months of bullshit that will probably extend to 24 months of Jones not fighting... between Ngannou winning the belt, eventually fighting the upcoming interim belt winner, or the Stipe rematch... Jones is wasting away his prime years of his career so he either needs to deal with Dana to get a decent warm-up fight at HW or just retire.

The UFC will barely miss him, as we really haven't missed him over the last 18 months.

I agree with your point as a whole but taking a fight with Stipe isn't just some warm up fight to "dust off your cobwebs". We don't know how Jones can handle HWs.

I personaly think he should take some outside the top 10 and create some hype and shake off some ring rust and get acclimated to HW and then go for the belt.
We're not talking about Gustaffson or OSP, it's the GOAT LHW, they will never ever match him against an Ivanov or Shamil. It would also not establish him as a title contender.

It has to be a big ass fight, and since Overeem, Werdum and JDS are gone, Stipe is the only option for a warm up. Stipe is also very diminished at this point, so if Jones can't beat him, he can forget about beating Ngannou.

We're not talking about Gustaffson or OSP, it's the GOAT LHW, they will never ever match him against an Ivanov or Shamil. It would also not establish him as a title contender.

It has to be a big ass fight, and since Overeem, Werdum and JDS are gone, Stipe is the only option for a warm up. Stipe is also very diminished at this point, so if Jones can't beat him, he can forget about beating Ngannou.
I am sure that if Jones want a tune up fight at HW he would get one. Just look at Conor fighting Cerrone for example.

I am sure that if Jones want a tune up fight at HW he would get one. Just look at Conor fighting Cerrone for example.
Yes, it's the same logic. It's a bit harsh but Stipe is a tune up fight at this point.

I'd be keen to watch this fight, especially since Stipe's eye poke defense should be on point after the DC trilogy.

JJ would win the first 2 rounds IMO against Stipe. Just when JJ begins to feel comfortable Stipe will (T)KO him in the 3rd or 4th

Hope this fight happens, i dont like neither fighter but id be rooting for jones.

and??? jones never will fight hws, he will fight in 205 next year

Two of my favourite fighters to watch :) @BFoe
If they end up fighting I won't know who to root for :eek:
Confused-Possibly-Scared-Blonde-Girl.gif
Tough fight to pick too. Both are great fighters whose best years are behind them. Would still be a great fight to see though. I’ll be cheering Stipe, I’ve never been a Jones fan :D

Jones ain't taking that fight. UFC won't pay him more to fight stipe than they offered for Francis.

I strongly suspect Jones desided to move up when he saw Stipe looking not so good in the 3rd Cormier fight, whether he still wants the fight now without the title though is another matter.

With the interim belt situation really Jones is fucked, he was probably hoping Lewis would upset Ngannou but now that fight if it does happen probably won't be until earlty 2022 and then the next fight not until latter in the year.

I strongly suspect Jones desided to move up when he saw Stipe looking not so good in the 3rd Cormier fight, whether he still wants the fight now without the title though is another matter.

With the interim belt situation really Jones is fucked, he was probably hoping Lewis would upset Ngannou but now that fight if it does happen probably won't be until earlty 2022 and then the next fight not until latter in the year.

I agree he really wanted stipe for the belt. I think Jones felt he matched up well against him, certainly better than he matches up against francis.

Stipe willing to fight someone other than DC or Francis? I don't buy it.

Back