Stipe looking to fight someone “that he has not beaten before;” Cormier responds

Herb dean might be the worst ref after that British guy forget his name lolllll the one always trying be center attention of fight smfh

“After his health is cleared, we hope to have Stipe back in competition this year in a fight that makes sense and against an opponent that Stipe has not beaten before,” Walter (Stipe’s manager) said.

Cormier responds, “I know they’re saying they want something new — well, hell, I wanted something new after I beat him and I gave him a rematch. So it’s only right to do the right thing. You’re honorable, right Stipe? You’re a fireman, you save lives. You do the right thing all the time, right? Do the right thing and give me my rematch.”

Kinda shitty of Stipe not to give DC the trilogy, especially after Stipe whined “rematch” for a whole year and DC gave him the rematch.

Edit:
PS: I’m not a fan of either fighter. I think Stipe handled himself poorly after his loss to DC, and I think DC is a dirty fighter.

Bullshit.
Stipe is the honorable man.
Cormier is the eye-gouging, cheating fuck ... who cheated his way to victory the first time ... then who almost ruined Stipe's eyes in getting knocked TF out the second time.

Let Cormier go out the cheating loser that he is.

Cormier has absolutely no right to speak of honor.

Stipe has the right to kick Cormier to the curb, since Cormier cheated to get the first victory, which Stipe has now avenged much more convincingly.

So who's Stipe gonna fight? Volkov? Lol very stupid thing for him to put out there because it rules out a rematch with Ngannou as well

Or perhaps that's why Stipe's saying it?

I think he wants to fight Jon Jones.

He should just say he doesn't want to fight Cormier because he doesn't want to go blind.

Honestly think that DC is the best HW in the world, but I wish he just retired.

Fighting to win a title in your retirement match should never happen.

I think he wants to fight Jon Jones.

If that's the case I hope he doesn't hold his breath. I have a hard time envisioning Jon ever signing up for that fight

This is not remotely true.

DC didn't give Stipe anything. He flat out said he didn't want the rematch and took a completely pointless gimmie fight with Derrick Lewis of all people. He then sat on the shelf waiting for Brock Lesnar - a guy who was coming off a no-contest PEDS suspension and years of inactivity.

Stipe was only granted a rematch because the Brock fight fell through.

DC egregiously poked Stipe in the eye in BOTH fights, this last one requiring surgery. He got over taken and systematically broken down to a TKO, this isn't a fight that requires a rematch. Stipe doesn't owe DC anything, and I'm a big fan of DC.

<PlusJuan>

Fake DC talking out both sides of his mouth again. Like being the upstanding family man who's there to uplift and not tear down, then says "You a junkiiiiiiieeeee, you a bitch ass n***aaaaaaa"

Wanted to fight Brock. Fought Black Beast. Waited as long as possible for Brock. Eye poked. Got stopped.

It would be nice of Stipe, but its far from mandatory.

I was and still am a big Stipe fan, but this is kind of wack from his behalf.

Stipe vs DC trilogy is the fight to make, don't refuse it.

This trilogy isnt that exciting and stipe deserves to keep his eyes

DC is just ducking jones

daniel was given the LHW title, given a HW title shot, given the title despite his cheating and given an opportunity at brock, and then given a free title defense before he 'gave' stipe his rightful rematch

cormier doesnt deserve shit, he might get it next, he might have to wait. who cares. he doesnt deserve anything. most overrated career of all time

Man, you seem to have an hard on for Stipe Miocic. Wanna talk about overrated? Ok, lets talk about overrated. Stipe got knocked the fuck out by Stefan Struve and knocked the fuck out by a fat guy that could fight at MW if he went on a diet. Older, shorter, with a longer career. The vast majority of Stipe's notable wins are guys that are way past prime. So there you have it. DC only lost to two men, and they were both bigger and younger than him. They were also both record holders of most title defenses in their respective divisions. Despite his size, DC is able to dominate guys considerably bigger than him, who are also very good fighters. He is successful at both HW and LHW, which is something very few people can claim. He is also very well rounded, and can both KO and sub people.

The thing is: if DC is overrated, then every single fighter is. You can make a case for everyone. So just STFU.

BTW, DC is right. He didn't have to give shit to a guy who gets KO'd in the first round. You don't deserve shit if an older, smaller guy coming from the division below knocks you the fuck out.

Nope, sorry, that’s wrong. Stipe won round 3.
He won 2 rounds last time. 3rd was very close and Stipe finished it in the 4th.. 2 judges gave Stipe round 3.. Even if DC survived round 4 he was getting his ass whipped In round 5..
Fair enough. Rd. 3 was close and if the judges gave it to Stipe it's his round (even though I disagree and we know how reliable the judges are). It's just not critical to my point so no need to nitpick.

DC won 3/5 rounds. It's a good rivalry where both guys had their moments. I give DC an immediate rematch in this one.

But gotta head back to work.

daniel was given the LHW title, given a HW title shot, given the title despite his cheating and given an opportunity at brock, and then given a free title defense before he 'gave' stipe his rightful rematch

cormier doesnt deserve shit, he might get it next, he might have to wait. who cares. he doesnt deserve anything. most overrated career of all time
we know you are a Jones boy but what if DC beats stipe again? what will be your excuse then?

DC is just way too busy as a fighter. if he was fully focused on fighting alone, he would beat stipe comfortably. dude hosts tv shows, works as a wrestling coach, runs restaurants, does some other promo work, also works as a commentator.

Fair enough. Rd. 3 was close and if the judges gave it to Stipe it's his round (even though I disagree and we know how reliable the judges are). It's just not critical to my point so no need to nitpick.

DC won 3/5 rounds. It's a good rivalry where both guys had their moments. I give DC an immediate rematch in this one.

But gotta head back to work.

The eye pokes is why I say no.. Stipe don't need to get blinded for life because DC blatantly tried to blind him in the 2nd round.. DC can retire..

Because Stipe deserved a title shot beating Andre Arlovski? LOL

The irony is palpable

Actually yes he did. He beat Hunt and Arlovksi who happened to be on a 6 fight win streak. Arlovksi had beaten Mir, Bigfoot, Browne, and Schaub in the UFC.

So beating a former champ on a 6 fight streak with wins over former champs is pretty significant.

Good. Who wants to keep watching rematches?

The only thing I don’t get is this fight is MUTUALLY exclusive to both parties legacy.

They’re 1-1 with DC dominating Stipe for almost the entirety of their fights, he has to win to be the GOAT UFC HW Champ imo.

maybe he thinks he got some clarification from that result but I think the consensus of fight fans think DC is better and they’d favor him to win a rematch as well.

go fight Blaydes and screw it all up, you won’t get this opportunity much longer with Stipes taking so much punishment and DC retiring

It’s the only fight to make

If Jones beats Reyes then why not Stipe vs Jones for the heavyweight title?

Back