Stipe looking to fight someone “that he has not beaten before;” Cormier responds

Dc is so unlikable.
He poked Stipe in both fights.
Fought Lewis before giving Stipe a rematch and was begging for the brock panty night.
And now he want an instant rematch.

Stipe is a whiner too.
He sit out for a year waiting for a rematch.

I dont know why champs get so inactive after loosing the belt and want an easy way to the top
I dont know why people keep bringing up the Black Beast match.
Stipe did not deserve an immediate rematch after getting KOd in the first round by the LHW champ.
Instant rematches like that are retarded.
They almost always ruin at least one of the fghters as well.

The 1st fight isnt the same situation as their last fight where it went on for 4 rounds, and DC was winning most of it.
Now that they have 1 win a piece, a tie breaker is the only thing that makes sense.

And Brock was supposed to fight whomever won. Stipe said he would fight Brock too after DC.

stefan-struve-ufc-fight-night-87.jpg

I know Struve is far from a contender but for legacy's sake I would want the rematch if I were Stipe.

He's not a Jon Jones, Conor McGregor level scumbag. Far from it. But he isn't the lovable lug he's portrayed as.

I'd argue he's pretty close. As close as you're likely to get in pro MMA. If you're willing to split hairs, you could probably find "true colors" to that effect for pretty much any fighter on the roster.

Stipe gets a partial pass for me since he doesn't seem to try and play up the nice guy aspect as Jon did at the beginning of his career and Conor has lately. The media portrays him that way. He meanwhile just comes as he is, flaws and all.

Stipe did not deserve an immediate rematch after getting KOd in the first round by the LHW champ.

The 1st fight isnt the same situation as their last fight where it went on for 4 rounds, and DC was winning most of it.
Now that they have 1 win a piece, a tie breaker is the only thing that makes sense.

And Brock was supposed to fight whomever won. Stipe said he would fight Brock too after DC.
I hope you're kidding.

The HW with the most title defenses in history got eye poked then caught with a one-punch KO and he didn't deserve a rematch? Against a guy who earned his TS in a different division?

C'mon, you're better than that...

ow shet d
DC won 4 of 5 rounds against Stipe.
If Stipe deserved a rematch, certainly DC does.
everybody thought that the only advantage dc had was his eyepoke cheat everybody thought first fight was a fluke too.. thats why 2nd fight happend,we all knew without his eyepoke cheat he wont win..... fck dat shet dnt give rematch..instead fight another HW and continue building his legacy

I know Struve is far from a contender but for legacy's sake I would want the rematch if I were Stipe.

jesus i forgot how pretty luciana/luciane or whatever her name is. makes arianny look like a melted candle now.

Its not like something like that has never happened before, Bisping got to "avenge" the loss to Hendo as champ

DC literally avoided fighting Stipe to fight Black Beast. He can go fuck himself with that hypocritical shit.

Still, dc vs stipe 3 is the fight to make. But not for the reason DC suggested

I hope you're kidding.

The HW with the most title defenses in history got eye poked then caught with a one-punch KO and he didn't deserve a rematch? Against a guy who earned his TS in a different division?

C'mon, you're better than that...
No, Im not kidding.

I dont care how many title defenses you have. That is a stupid measurement.
Immediate rematches should be rare and in particular and extreme circumstances where the fight is super close or controversial.
You shouldnt have to win 2 times in order to be considered "the real champ".
Immediate rematches are unnecessary risks that have ruined or diminished the careers of guys like Barao, Maynard, and Garbrandt.

The "undeserved" title shot talk is nonsense too. It happens in every division. Being a champ gives you access to other potential champ fights. I dont see what the issue with that is, especially in a weak division like HW,and when it is a fighter as decorated as DC. Who was DC keeping Stipe from fighting?
And being only the 2nd guy to beat DC adds to Stipe's legacy so we shouldnt be acting like he just gave DC a favor.

The eyepoke is the only legit argument, and it isnt the one Stipe has used. It is a legit complaint,and I dont know why the UFC havent tried to do something about it either by gloves or mandatory penalties. But pokes happen in fights, it sucks, but they happen,and theyll continue to happen as long as they have those gloves.

This was never a fight that I was overly excited for, but they both have 1 win each on each other, it makes no sense for there not to be a tiebreaker.

Scroll back further kiddo, There was 2 incidents where Belfort was ready and weidman backed out. then exactly the same shit, weidman claimed another injury of some sort and backed out a 2nd time. it took almost 2 years for that fight to happen. Weidman intentionally did that so he wouldnt have to fight TRT vitor. everyone knows this.

1st time
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ght-vs-vitor-belfort-postponed-until-february

2nd time
MMAJunkie are reporting that Chris Weidman vs Vitor Belfort is off the UFC 184 card due to another injury to champion Chris Weidman

http://severemma.com/2015/01/chris-weidman-vs-vitor-belfort-off-again-due-to-injury/

Erm that was AFTER Vitor pulled out of their first scheduled fight because USADA came into effect (and Vitor pissed hot Feb 2014). After Weidman defended Silva in the instant rematch at UFC 168 (12/28/13) he signed to fight TRT Vitor at UFC 173 (5/24/14)

To suggest that he was then ducking USADA Vitor -- after previously signing to fight TRT Vitor -- is pretty far out there

Weidman was expected to defend his belt against Vitor Belfort at UFC 173.[53] Weidman opened as a 2-to-1 betting favorite.[54] After Vitor Belfort withdrew from his title bout at UFC 173, it was announced that Lyoto Machida will next face Weidman.[53][55]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Weidman#UFC_Middleweight_Champion

{<jordan}

“After his health is cleared, we hope to have Stipe back in competition this year in a fight that makes sense and against an opponent that Stipe has not beaten before,” Walter (Stipe’s manager) said.

Cormier responds, “I know they’re saying they want something new — well, hell, I wanted something new after I beat him and I gave him a rematch. So it’s only right to do the right thing. You’re honorable, right Stipe? You’re a fireman, you save lives. You do the right thing all the time, right? Do the right thing and give me my rematch.”

Kinda shitty of Stipe not to give DC the trilogy, especially after Stipe whined “rematch” for a whole year and DC gave him the rematch.

Edit:

PS: I’m not a fan of either fighter. I think Stipe handled himself poorly after his loss to DC, and I think DC is a dirty fighter.

STFU DC you tried like hell to duck Stipe and get the Brock fight you literal Muppet

The good ol he was winning till he lost
Shutup

Down for stipe vs blaydes

ngannou vs Rozenstruik winner next.

Zero interest in this dance.

fight or stfu

DC almost give stipe mike bisping eye fucking herb dean saying it was clean smfh

Back