Stipe looking to fight someone “that he has not beaten before;” Cormier responds

SHOOP REQUEST: Stipe & DC in the movie poster of the Spike Lee Joint "Do The Right Thing"

THANKS!

DC should get down on his knees and repent for his cheating against Stipe.
Then maybe, Stipe would consider.
If you dont think Stipe is mad because of the eyepokes, you re crazy...this is his way of saying "fuck you" to DC.

True. But he did eventually give him a shot and didn't make him wait long. DC wanted that money fight with Lesnar, wouldn't you?!

He literally didn't give him anything, he was forced to fight Stipe because the Brock fight fell through and he already took a meaningless money fight. There was no other contender.

I'm not disputing that DC wanted a money fight, I'm saying its flat out untrue to say he offered a rematch to Stipe, let alone that he deserves one in return.

Fuck that, DC eye poked the fuck out of him. He should have been DQ'd!

“After his health is cleared, we hope to have Stipe back in competition this year in a fight that makes sense and against an opponent that Stipe has not beaten before,” Walter (Stipe’s manager) said.

Cormier responds, “I know they’re saying they want something new — well, hell, I wanted something new after I beat him and I gave him a rematch. So it’s only right to do the right thing. You’re honorable, right Stipe? You’re a fireman, you save lives. You do the right thing all the time, right? Do the right thing and give me my rematch.”

Kinda shitty of Stipe not to give DC the trilogy, especially after Stipe whined “rematch” for a whole year and DC gave him the rematch.
Those eye pokes would have me not wanting to fight him again alone

Because Stipe deserved a title shot beating Andre Arlovski? LOL

The irony is palpable
yes, he did. look at the division at the time and who was fighting who, who was injured, who had wins.

that was a dumbass question, i have to say.

Because Stipe deserved a title shot beating Andre Arlovski? LOL

The irony is palpable
Arlosvki was ranked #2 in the division with 4 ufc fights winning streak and 6 overall, Miocic was ranked #3 after beating top 10 ranked Mark Hunt that just fought for the belt.

Yes Miocic rightfully deserved a TS, honestly this is the 1st time I heard somebody disputing that fact

“After his health is cleared, we hope to have Stipe back in competition this year in a fight that makes sense and against an opponent that Stipe has not beaten before,” Walter (Stipe’s manager) said.

Cormier responds, “I know they’re saying they want something new — well, hell, I wanted something new after I beat him and I gave him a rematch. So it’s only right to do the right thing. You’re honorable, right Stipe? You’re a fireman, you save lives. You do the right thing all the time, right? Do the right thing and give me my rematch.”

Kinda shitty of Stipe not to give DC the trilogy, especially after Stipe whined “rematch” for a whole year and DC gave him the rematch.
That sounds like garbage to me. Stipe was going off like a mad man when DC wouldn't give him immediate rematch, and then he got it... Well, Cormier's only other loss in history is to Jon Jones... Besides that, he's won basically every round he's ever fought. This includes beating Stipe in every round but the one where he was tko'd... Kind of whack of him to deny that fight now

Stipe will do anything to avoid the rematch. DC shouldnt have given him his rematch and just retired.

DC starches Stipe inside 2 if they ever fight again.
if he takes the fight after grueling title defenses, cormier wins , but a well prepared stipe who takes time to recover his chin , wins. anything can happen with those 2 though

DC won 4 of 5 rounds against Stipe.
If Stipe deserved a rematch, certainly DC does.
when DC won their first fight , he waited and defended against Lewis. Stipe is the champ , he can fight whoever he wants. The DC rematch makes sense though.

Why is a guy who is expected to retire imminently being touted for a title shot?

I’m fine with Stipe getting KOd by Rozenstruik after he’s done with Ngannou.

the only reason DC fought Stipe was that Brock could not pass a drug test.

Go home DC cheater mf!

Stipe is scared of a rematch. He was getting mauled, and DC did not used his strength, wrestling, against him.

The only logical options are DC 3 or Ngannou 2, so Stipe saying he wants to fight someone new isn't really helpful

Unless Jones steps up...

If he actually avoids DC for the trilogy I hope Stipe gets brutally KO'd by Francis. New blood.

This is not remotely true.

DC didn't give Stipe anything. He flat out said he didn't want the rematch and took a completely pointless gimmie fight with Derrick Lewis of all people. He then sat on the shelf waiting for Brock Lesnar - a guy who was coming off a no-contest PEDS suspension and years of inactivity.

Stipe was only granted a rematch because the Brock fight fell through.

DC egregiously poked Stipe in the eye in BOTH fights, this last one requiring surgery. He got over taken and systematically broken down to a TKO, this isn't a fight that requires a rematch. Stipe doesn't owe DC anything, and I'm a big fan of DC.

wow, great post.

Back