Stipe improvements since JDS 1 ?

Hitman

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think fight with JDS 1 was "the beginning of his prime" but Stipe improved again since JDS 1 and his absolute prime was between JDS 2 and DC 2 ! I think if his chin doesn't fall he can still improve his prime.

Since JDS 1 :

Physically : better punch,hands faster, better cardio ( a little bit ), better chin ( especially against DC 2 )

Experience : Better IQ, Better Game Plan,

Technically ; Better right hand, more skilled ( knee, kick ), better footwork

Confidence : More agressive, better killer instinct

Have you seen a significatif improvement since JDS 1 ? I think he is a better fighter since JDS 1, Stipe version of today beats JDS of 2014.

His cardio is the biggest improvement since that fight. JDS was also still close to his prime at that point.

People talk about the Cain fights but Stipe ruined him too in their first fight. Brutal fight.

Will rewatch tonight

That was a good fight I remember Stipe winning until JDS hit him with a good one in 3 that rocked him and I think he stole that round because of it and then picked up 4 and 5 to get the decision over Miocic. Some thought Stipe won but I thought JDS edged it.

Stipe is the best heavyweight because his cardio is better then every heavyweight right now. That's why if he fights Francis again he will beat him again. Francis only has a puncher chance watch Stipe weather the storm and Stipe stop him with strikes this time.

his smile is also 16% wider

RemarkableShallowAustrianpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Stipe improved a lot and if he beats Francis the 2nd time then he is the Greatest HW on EARTH and IMAGINE if he beats Jon Jones then he will be remembered as the First and MAYBE the only guy to give Jones his first LEGIT Loss in MMA

Stipe is the best heavyweight because his cardio is better then every heavyweight right now. That's why if he fights Francis again he will beat him again. Francis only has a puncher chance watch Stipe weather the storm and Stipe stop him with strikes this time.
I think Stipe will ragdoll him again but iam not sure that he will stop him because no one has ever KO/TKO Francis

I think Stipe will ragdoll him again but iam not sure that he will stop him because no one has ever KO/TKO Francis
I think he will, Stipe will look to make a statement again with Francis again.

Stipe’s biggest improvement or adjustment has been his ability to use energy more efficiently to last the full 5 rounds...
GpseNnn.gif

He showed very low Iq in the Dc rematch

Which rematch? The first one where he adjusts mid fight to win, or the second where he figures out how to defeat DC's clinch game?

I swear, people ding him harder for not hitting on solutions "quick enough" than they would have thought to had he not adjusted at all. Yes, DC is vulnerable to the body but it isn't a magic offswitch, at least as far as punches are concerned. All the dramatic reactions before the Stipe fights that people like to point to were due to the kind of kicks that really aren't a part of Stipe's repertoire. And how many unanswered body shots in quick succession did Stipe have to deliver before a spent DC finally gave him the opening he needed for the ending head blows? More than one would reasonably be able to expect to build a gameplan around, I warrant.

Which rematch? The first one where he adjusts mid fight to win, or the second where he figures out how to defeat DC's clinch game?

I swear, people ding him harder for not hitting on solutions "quick enough" than they would have thought to had he not adjusted at all. Yes, DC is vulnerable to the body but it isn't a magic offswitch, at least as far as punches are concerned. All the dramatic reactions before the Stipe fights that people like to point to were due to the kind of kicks that really aren't a part of Stipe's repertoire. And how many unanswered body shots in quick succession did Stipe have to deliver before a spent DC finally gave him the opening he needed for the ending head blows? More than one would reasonably be able to expect to build a gameplan around, I warrant.
Yeah everybody behind a keyboard has always got the answers on how to win a UFC championship fight. Especially against one of the greatest fighters ever in DC. To actually make adjustments and beat DC the way he did, was more impressive than any fight I had seen that entire year. U have to throw continuous combos and set up body shots, which takes getting hit a lot. U can't just run up and start throwing body shots which very few Sherdoggers seem to understand. It's crazy the logic of this site sometimes. He endured ALOT of punishment to make it to those shots that ended the fight

I think Stipe has actually declined, unless DC's boxing is way better than I gave him credit for.

Prime and slightly past his prime JDS was a great fucking fighter. If Cain didn't exist, his run would have been lengthy.

That was a good fight I remember Stipe winning until JDS hit him with a good one in 3 that rocked him and I think he stole that round because of it and then picked up 4 and 5 to get the decision over Miocic. Some thought Stipe won but I thought JDS edged it.
That was the last war JDS had in him. After that fight he's been finished anytime he gets hit.

No, he just fought a way more washed up JDS lol.

I think fight with JDS 1 was "the beginning of his prime" but Stipe improved again since JDS 1 and his absolute prime was between JDS 2 and DC 2 ! I think if his chin doesn't fall he can still improve his prime.

Since JDS 1 :

Physically : better punch,hands faster, better cardio ( a little bit ), better chin ( especially against DC 2 )

Experience : Better IQ, Better Game Plan,

Technically ; Better right hand, more skilled ( knee, kick ), better footwork

Confidence : More agressive, better killer instinct

Have you seen a significatif improvement since JDS 1 ? I think he is a better fighter since JDS 1, Stipe version of today beats JDS of 2014.
I'm one of the biggest Stipe fans here and would literally spend an hour defending that guy on this site, but I don't know if Stipe is at his peak right now. Last time he really fought like the invincible Stipe we know, was in his very first fight against Cormier. In the second fight, I really couldn't tell because he was being uncharacteristically timid to avoid DC's dirty boxing. In the third fight, it was pretty clear in my eyes, his cardio is no longer what it used to be despite the weight loss and his punches are not as heavy as before. Sure, he showed more versatility in his moves but I'm not too sure if that Stipe could have defeated the prime JDS. On top of this, did anyone else feel like Stipe went a little light on DC after that eye poke? That's the impression I keep getting when I rewatch the fight. It was as if he purposefully didn't go relentless on his attack.

I think the way Stipe was KOed by DC and dropped by Reem was very similar to the way he was caught by JDS, coming forward looking stiff and upright.

The best Stipe couldn't finish the worst Francis

Little chance he does it now

Back