Stipe has only fought 1 fighter in the current top 15 rankings

Of course he should fight someone else. There are plenty of contenders the guy can fight in the meantime.

On the bright side he'll be 40 by the time the rematch happens. Prime 40 year old Stipe loses to Francis again.

Stipe and his fans are so fucking entitled. He has fought 2 guys in the last 5 years. Before that it was all legends past their prime. And yet he needs to fight for the belt indefinitely even though he only fights once a year. He won't take any other fight... and he will get what he wants in the end like the Cormier rematch
No, he fought JDS four years ago (May 13, 2017).

He only fought once a year twice. One of those times he had surgery (eye). The other time he wasn’t champ.

Outside those two years he averaged a fight every 6 months.

Including those 2 years in the average, every 7 months.

Most active HW champ since Sylvia. One of the most active UFC champs in the last decade, across all divisions.

I’m not even a big fan. But I do prefer milk in my coffee, back in my baby, and facts in my opinions. Try it some time.

Great post. All facts. Suredawg just loves to whine about everything.

He beat the champ handily. That's all that matters.

I was actually quoting another poster when I said that. FYI. I didn’t use quotes, but if you look back at it again, you’ll see.

I added the quotes. It's called emphasis. Having 2 fights in the course of 2 years and both against the same opponent is not something to downplay. That's 2 years the division was held up.

I added the quotes. It's called emphasis. Having 2 fights in the course of 2 years and both against the same opponent is not something to downplay. That's 2 years the division was held up.
Sure. But it’s also not “only ever fights once a year”.

Anyway, enough of this. Enjoy the fights tonight.

Last edited:
Tbf, DC, JDS and Overeem are still easily top 15 material, even top 10.
That they have retired or been cut for financial reasons is hardly relevant.

View attachment 854899

Average age of heavyweights during Stipe's title reign through the years

Lol

Credit to @acannxr

Average age of all those years combined is 34.94, which can just be rounded to 35.
Stipe only beat geezers(aside from Francis who just smoked him)....NONE of those dudes were in their primes and all had heavy, heavy fight mileage.

There is no debating that ya goof. Peace.

Every HW Champion will be beating "old men". Ngannou just beat a 38 year old to win the title. That's my point. The division's average age is around 34-35+
Completely WRONG. LOL!!!
View attachment 854899

Average age of heavyweights during Stipe's title reign through the years

Lol

Credit to @acannxr

Average age of all those years combined is 34.94, which can just be rounded to 35.
And the current average age of the top ten ranked Heavyweight fighters in the world is 34.6 years old.

Stipe only beat geezers(aside from Francis who just smoked him)....NONE of those dudes were in their primes and all had heavy, heavy fight mileage.

There is no debating that ya goof. Peace.

Arlovski was on a 6 fight win streak before fighting Stipe (#2 ranked)
Werdum was on a 6 fight win streak before fighting Stipe (Champion)
Overeem was on a 4 fight win streak before fighting Stipe (#3 ranked)
Ngannou was on a 10 fight win streak before fighting Stipe the first time (#1 ranked)
Cormier was 5-0 with 1 NC going into the first Stipe fight and 7-0-1 going into the rematch. (Champion, then #1 contender)

Last 7 wins against top 5 ranked opponents.

Cormier was pound for pound #1 when Stipe beat him
Werdum was the champion coming off a win over Cain
Francis was surging and undefeated in the UFC

Great find TS. Here’s another question Stipe nuthuggers fail to answer:
Name one good hw Stipe ever fought and beat that wasn’t either old or out of their prime?

Arlovski was on a 6 fight win streak before fighting Stipe (#2 ranked)
Werdum was on a 6 fight win streak before fighting Stipe (Champion)
Overeem was on a 4 fight win streak before fighting Stipe (#3 ranked)
Ngannou was on a 10 fight win streak before fighting Stipe the first time (#1 ranked)
Cormier was 5-0 with 1 NC going into the first Stipe fight and 7-0-1 going into the rematch. (Champion, then #1 contender)

Last 7 wins against top 5 ranked opponents.

Cormier was pound for pound #1 when Stipe beat him
Werdum was the champion coming off a win over Cain
Francis was surging and undefeated in the UFC
You can dress it up however you want to sleep better at night but...

Arlovski on his “win steak” had barely got my the great Brendan Schaub and future Mr Rousey.

Then after the Stipe fight, Arlovski went on to lose his next 4 fights.

500 KO victim, horsemeatless Deflated Reem STILL DROPPED Stipe and almost got the finish. LOL!!!

FAT, old Cormier KO’d Stipe in the first fight and was winning all the rounds in the 2nd fight before GASSING out from being too fat.

What the h*ll was your point again? This is impressive or something??

{<huh}

<{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}>

And the current average age of the top ten ranked Heavyweight fighters in the world is 34.6 years old.
Francis tho,UNLIKE the Senior Citizen Smasher Stipe, smoked YOUNG/Non-ancient fighters like Blaydes X 2 and Rozencrack.

Do some damn research lazy clown. Only non-ancient fighter Stipe fought on his way to the weakest title ever was STEFAN STRUVE.... how did that go?

Then after the Stipe fight, Arlovski went on to lose his next 4 fights

By these standards, Usman's win over Woodley isn't impressive. Dillashaw's win over Renan isn't impressive. Jiri's win over Reyes isn't impressive.

He beat him when he was #2 and on the verge of a title shot.

500 KO victim, horsemeatless Deflated Reem STILL DROPPED Stipe and almost got the finish. LOL!!!

Stipe still won the fight

FAT, old Cormier KO’d Stipe in the first fight and was winning all the rounds in the 2nd fight before GASSING out from being too fat

Fat and old Cormier was pound for pound #1 when GSP, Khabib, and Demetrious Johnson were still in the rankings.

What the h*ll was your point again? This is impressive or something??

My point has been the same. Stipe has a great resume & the "old man" suggestion is a non-argument due to the heavyweight division naturally having older fighters in it during Stipe's reign and in general.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

By these standards, Usman's win over Woodley isn't impressive. Dillashaw's win over Renan isn't impressive. Jiri's win over Reyes isn't impressive.

He beat him when he was #2 and on the verge of a title shot.
<YeahOKJen>

Do some damn research lazy clown. Only non-ancient fighter Stipe fought on his way to the weakest title ever was STEFAN STRUVE.... how did that go?
Apparently by my mentioning the average age of the top ten Heavyweight fighters right now, that thereby means I think Miocic only fought ancient fighters? What kind of leap in logic is that? Don't lecture anyone about doing "research" when you're laughably jumping to conclusions, clown.

Back