Stipe DC will be an insanely tense fight

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The stakes in this one are absolute massive. Which is why I didn’t understand people not wanting it. Series is tied 1-1, DC’s retirement fight, winner can put their name in top 5 HW discussions...

Pandemic, empty arena, small cage...

I fucking LOVE combat sports when we get these moments, every strike thrown is stressful to watch almost, but you really can’t take your eyes off it.

There is GENUINE heat between these two guys.

any fights where you can feel the narrative of a man’s legacy change with every strike? If Stipe puts DC out here... his career story does a u turn.

I want another war.. I would NOT mind a decision as long as we have a clear winner..

War Stipe..

The stakes in this one are absolute massive. Which is why I didn’t understand people not wanting it. Series is tied 1-1, DC’s retirement fight, winner can put their name in top 5 HW discussions...

Pandemic, empty arena, small cage...

I fucking LOVE combat sports when we get these moments, every strike thrown is stressful to watch almost, but you really can’t take your eyes off it.

There is GENUINE heat between these two guys.

any fights where you can feel the narrative of a man’s legacy change with every strike? If Stipe puts DC out here... his career story does a u turn.

Every strike thrown was stressful last time. Stipe I don't know how he did it after getting put away in round 1 the first time?? But in that rematch Stipe was NOT going anywhere..

I want another war.. I would NOT mind a decision as long as we have a clear winner..

War Stipe..
Who cares if it’s a decision? There is zero chance this fight is boring. Both guys know what’s at stake and they are not the type to shy away. They might lose going for it but they’re going to do just that.

Who cares if it’s a decision? There is zero chance this fight is boring. Both guys know what’s at stake and they are not the type to shy away. They might lose going for it but they’re going to do just that.

I am good with a decision.. I love long fights that are back and forth.. Last fight was a top fight all time for me. Tons of drama..

It really does look like Stipe's chin after a year of recovery is able to take DC's best punches. So I am banking on him knocking DC out again after mixing up body punching and body kicks. Once Stipe realized that everytime DC stuck his hands out he could land left hooks to the body, the fight was over.

DC been a runner up his whole life

Silver at NCAA’s in 2001
Silver at Big 10 x2
Fourth at Olympics
Paper champ at 205 lbs until Jones came back
Lost heavyweight belt in rematch against former champ

Stipe going to send him off to retirement with a nice tko finish again

It really does look like Stipe's chin after a year of recovery is able to take DC's best punches. So I am banking on him knocking DC out again after mixing up body punching and body kicks. Once Stipe realized that everytime DC stuck his hands out he could land left hooks to the body, the fight was over.

The DC adjustment will be interesting. He will protect his body.. But may open himself up to head shots this time. Stipe must stay out of the clinch as much as possible.. That was his demise in fight 1.. Mix it up, wrestle some, kick and box at range..

Silver at NCAA’s in 2001
Silver at Big 10 x2
Fourth at Olympics

Why so bitter? He is an insanely successful guy, lol

Silver at NCAA’s in 2001
Silver at Big 10 x2
Fourth at Olympics

Jones pissed DC off about that before UFC 182.. Saying DC has always been 2nd best...

@Pierced7681

Silver at NCAA’s in 2001
Silver at Big 10 x2
Fourth at Olympics

Stipe would love to have 1/2 of those accolades.

Fact is, DC is top 5 most accomplished combat athlete in MMA history.

Cejudo, Ronda, DC, Fedor are in a class of their own.

It’s a big fight and lots riding on it...

But it is super fucked up to have Stipe fight the same opponent three times in a row and not give any other challengers a shot for 2+ years.

I am against instant rematches, and even more against instant trilogies. It does not give time for fighters to change sufficiently and it is awful for the division.

Holy shit is there an intense hatred for D.C. on these forums. Wasn’t always this way, was it? Certainly not after he became double champ.

Cormier will take Stipe down in the first round and pound him out. Very anti-climactic, but there it is.

Holy shit is there an intense hatred for D.C. on these forums. Wasn’t always this way, was it? Certainly not after he became double champ.
I think there's some jealousy. A tubby dude that's genuinely a great guy and a champion?!?!?!! All these Sher-alpha-cats can't take it. It doesn't fit their preconceptions.

Firstly, you need to be tall, strong and fit.
Next, if you are the baddest man in the room, you have GOT to be a proper cunt.
Being an awesome guy with a Dad Bod just doesn't scream champion.

lol

Depends.

Wil we see the DC that can ride in a half ton truck, or will they need an F350 to wheel him in?

If he's way out of shape, Stipe wins. If DC is in good shape, Stipe still wins but he'll have to work a little harder.

@Pierced7681

Stipe would love to have 1/2 of those accolades.

Fact is, DC is top 5 most accomplished combat athlete in MMA history.

Cejudo, Ronda, DC, Fedor are in a class of their own.

Stipe has the better resume at heavyweight than DC, and he’s going to add to it with another tko finish of DC.

Why so bitter? He is an insanely successful guy, lol

Not bitter, just the facts. Like teh Sonnen, DC is always the runner up when it matters (NCAA, Olympics, UFC). He had to eye poke Stipe to get the belt and then lost it in the rematch.

Back