Still surreal that Shogun got KTFO like he did by OSP..

Yea. That was disappointing.

Stupid skateboard!

I agree TS. It's not that often that a skateboard gets thrown in the octagon and causes a fighter to fall over without the ref seeing it.

Shogun just runs into subs and punches these days.

Seems to happen with once-successful fighters as they pass their prime. Many of their moves probably depended on being 5% faster physically and mentally. I'm sure it doesn't help that there are 20+ videos for opponents to study and learn from.

Joke of a blitz??? He used that very effectively vs Machida...and it wasn't something that he used very often. A joke doesn't catch one of the best defensive fighters over and over. OSP had a nice reach and was able to use it well to counter Shogun by staying on the outside.

Wow.....the hate for Shogun in this thread is awful. Where do you guys come up with this shit??

He didn't catch Machida once with that laughable crap, except for a grazing hook on the second attempt of their second fight, because Machida was stupid enough to backstep until he hit the cage instead of angling it out easy. When Shogun's executing that, it's downright the worst boxing technique out of any championship caliber fighter in this sport, ever.

Shogun is on the decline clearly but equally you can't take away from OSP, that was an amazing punch and ironically not that dissimilar from the one Shogun dropped Chuck with.

Did they gey the fan that threw the skateboard? That's bull shit fucking brazilians. Should be a no contest. Shogun was clearly about to hit a spinning elbow and osp would have been out like a light.

He didn't catch Machida once with that laughable crap, except for a grazing hook on the second attempt of their second fight, because Machida was stupid enough to backstep until he hit the cage instead of angling it out easy. When Shogun's executing that, it's downright the worst boxing technique out of any championship caliber fighter in this sport, ever.

Wow. you are beyond retarded my friend. I usually don't agree with JKS and his pandering to brazillian fighters but the hate for shogun in this thread is disgusting me as well

He did...watch the first fight, he used it very well to land leg kicks as well...he moved forward and finished with a kick. You can call it what you want....but Shogun landed it and used it effectively....good speed and he connected

Here we go with the "technique snobs"....you guys whine and cry about a guy having poor boxing technique. Its MMA, its not boxing......they have different techniques for striking. In boxing it wont work.... in mma that rush can be used to land a punch, a kick or distract a guy and shoot for a takedown. I've seen it used well in all three scenarios.

Joke of a blitz??? He used that very effectively vs Machida...and it wasn't something that he used very often. A joke doesn't catch one of the best defensive fighters over and over. OSP had a nice reach and was able to use it well to counter Shogun by staying on the outside.

Wow.....the hate for Shogun in this thread is awful. Where do you guys come up with this shit??

Technically it is 100% a joke. though blitz's aren't something that is known for a display of technique.

To be fair, this specific blitz was very poorly set up. He was basically running straight into the cage and was too far out of range to be throwing those punches like that. This reminds me of how Hendo got blasted by Belfort, blitzing from to far out and running straight into a counter punch.

Wow. you are beyond retarded my friend. I usually don't agree with JKS and his pandering to brazillian fighters but the hate for shogun in this thread is disgusting me as well

I am very realistic about the Brazilian guys......come on! And as much as I support and favor them...I am equally if not more critical.

Nah he did catch Machida with that blitz.

To be fair, this specific blitz was very poorly set up. He was basically running straight into the cage and was too far out of range to be throwing those punches like that. This reminds me of how Hendo got blasted by Belfort, blitzing from to far out and running straight into a counter punch.

Oh.....100% agree with you in the OSP fight. I even said after that fight......WTF was he doing throwing that rush combo out of range like that...way off.

I was saying it was effective in the Machida fight. The OSP was terrible timing

It's so strange because I re-watched this card today for some reason while I was watching my Oregon Ducks stomp all over FSU and had the same thought. I didn't expect this outcome at all.

That was a curb-stomping and the Buckeyes took out Bama for you guys.

I am very realistic about the Brazilian guys......come on! And as much as I support and favor them...I am equally if not more critical.

200_s.gif

As a friend, I think I feel the need to tell you publicly that you are delusional about this.

Technically it is 100% a joke. though blitz's aren't something that is known for a display of technique.

I remember Dida training that with SHogun.....they used it as a attack specifically for Machida that they developed. He said that he could end in multiple strikes...or a takedown attempt. Worked well for him

Back