1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Still no update on the WW division

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Cauliflower Ear, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Cauliflower Ear Banned Banned

Are they waiting for the winner of Chiesa and Luque in a couple weeks before deciding what next? Maybe if we see a big finish, they might get the call up?

Colby hasn't fought in almost year, he is supposedly next in line
    Leon needs to sign a fight ASAP before being left on the side again waiting, cannot see him wanting to fight anyone except Usman
    Burns just came off of a big win, he is gonna need another win at least. He will fight anybody but my concern is, I think most of the division will duck him now after he beat WB

I think Burns V Leon is the fight to make for the contender spot, makes most sense. But I would like to see Burns fight Luque and Chiesa, no sure where Masvidal and Nate fit in to all of this, but I am sure they will interfere in some way
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    TARTARA likes this.
  2. Kung Fu Kowboy Winning until he lost 2021 Staff Member Senior Moderator

Khamzat was out with covid... Pretty much killed 5 fights right there... 2022 year of the Khamzat.

3. anakq Yellow Belt

give leon his title shot and have burns vs colby

Morning Star and Cauliflower Ear like this.
  4. MikeChandler Banned Banned

imagine how inactive an inactive fighter will be o_O

Cauliflower Ear likes this.
  5. TARTARA KURZHAAR

DYC ?
    Probably they like you AV very much !?

6. Pierced7681 Red Belt

Easy

Usman vs Colby 2
    Leon vs Belal rematch (no way Leon loses, then he gets winner of Usman/colby)
    Burns vs Chiesa/Luque winner
    Masvidal vs Diaz/Lawler (either winner or loser)

7. Mohawk Banditó Black Belt

I think, quantitatively, if you were to calculate the amount of risk each fighter took in their respective current streaks, Leon has risked and accomplished more than Colby, Burns, or whoever wins Chiesa/Luque.

I think if fan interest was taken into account, it would make no difference, cuz no one gives a shit about any of them, Colby included.

The fact that Burns took Wonderboy when Leon wouldn't, and Colby didn't want any of them should disqualify both of them for a title shot.

I would legitimately be ok with Usman taking a vacation until the UFC forces Colby to fight Leon, or Burns fights the Chiesa/Luque winner. Maybe Kamaru can take a 1-off middleweight fight for fun in the meantime, like Silva used to at LHW.

8. Evangelion Gold Belt

No Dana has already confirmed Covington gets the next shot in November/December. Hes said this repeatedly.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/4/...s-next-in-line-for-title-shot-at-welterweight