Still mad: BJ vs Edgar 1

Yeah it was just one punch that did this to his face, not the 20 other times he connected with his jab.

mma_best_09.jpg

It was a close fight. GSP fans are the worst.
Lol yeah you've definitely shown you aren't a GSP hater.

I'm gonna flip the script now. GSP haters are the worst.

I had that fight as a Draw

BJs one round was as good as GSP 2 rounds of LnP IMO
You don't know how scoring works. That's fine.... You scoring it a draw is just wrong. A 10-8 first round? ROFL stop.

GSP must have got some 10-3 rounds in the rematch then because he damn near murdered BJ in the rematch.

You don't know how scoring works. That's fine.... You scoring it a draw is just wrong. A 10-8 first round? ROFL stop.

GSP must have got some 10-3 rounds in the rematch then because he damn near murdered BJ in the rematch.

I understand scoring is subjective. I'd use 10-8 rounds way more freely than they actually do.

Lack of 10-8 is one of the things that ruins this sport

I understand scoring is subjective. I'd use 10-8 rounds way more freely than they actually do.

Lack of 10-8 is one of the things that ruins this sport
ok but that wasn't a 10-8 round under any scoring criteria that has ever existed. What would the rounds of BJ vs GSP II be scored? 10-2? 10-1? I mean, it was one of the most one-sided beatdowns I have ever seen.

Frankie didn't do enough to win but neither did BJ. you don't win a title fight with a jab alone (or at least shouldn't). if you're going to fight that conservatively, prepare to lose a decision.

and you can take solace in the fact that the same strategy has bitten Frankie as well, over and over again.

ok but that wasn't a 10-8 round under any scoring criteria that has ever existed. What would the rounds of BJ vs GSP II be scored? 10-2? 10-1? I mean, it was one of the most one-sided beatdowns I have ever seen.

The lowest I'd s ore a fight is 10-7

Again scoring is subjective. There is nothing that strictly defines 10-anything.

IMO knockdowns are auto 10-8. Not saying that happened in any GSP BJ fight. I'm just giving an example of how I'd score things

The lowest I'd s ore a fight is 10-7

Again scoring is subjective. There is nothing that strictly defines 10-anything.

IMO knockdowns are auto 10-8. Not saying that happened in any GSP BJ fight. I'm just giving an example of how I'd score things
So you'd give the 1st round of BJ/GSP 10-8 for BJ but GSP only gets a 10-7 for doing SIGNIFICANTLY more damage and actually being dominant for the rounds he won in the rematch?

I am gonna go ahead and say had BJ did what GSP did to BJ in those rounds in the rematch, using your scoring, at best a 10-5 round. It was way worse, way, way worse than BJ vs GSP round 1. BJ probably got like 6 concussions that fight. He said he remembered nothing after the 2nd round and got his shit pushed in for 10 more minutes.

So you'd give the 1st round of BJ/GSP 10-8 for BJ but GSP only gets a 10-7 for doing SIGNIFICANTLY more damage and actually being dominant for the rounds he won in the rematch?

I am gonna go ahead and say had BJ did what GSP did to BJ in those rounds in the rematch, using your scoring, at best a 10-5 round. It was way worse, way, way worse than BJ vs GSP round 1. BJ probably got like 6 concussions that fight. He said he remembered nothing after the 2nd round and got his shit pushed in for 10 more minutes.

What's the point of scoring lower than 10-7?

Also what's the point of bringing up BJ vs gsp 2? Gsp beat BJ so badly he stopped BJ in that fight

So ya I probably would score those 10-7 for gsp he beat him down so bad he made bj quit. That's exactly my point. None if those rounds should b 10-9 gsp. He was so viscous he got a stoppage

Oh I see.

So I guess your intention is to not be taken seriously by anyone....

No problem.

BJ stuffed like 20 takedowns and outstruck Frankie 4/5 rounds.

It was a clear win for BJ, and as a reigning, defending, and popular champ there would have been no instant rematch. Frankie was literally no one before the 2nd BJ fight.

IMO knockdowns are auto 10-8. /QUOTE]

Look,

You're simply not thinking about this clearly at all. What you've just suggested makes absolutely no sense in anyway, shape, or form....

This isn't debatable.

Take a moment to process this, and then come back and explain you were misguided. I'll give you once chance. However you simply have every right to bask in your own ignorance.

But seriously, your suggestions suggests you simply don't grasp the sport you're watching.

BJ stuffed like 20 takedowns and outstruck Frankie 4/5 rounds.

It was a clear win for BJ, and as a reigning, defending, and popular champ there would have been no instant rematch. Frankie was literally no one before the 2nd BJ fight.

Like I said.

it's literally impossible to take you seriously on this subject.

Like I said.

it's literally impossible to take you seriously on this subject.

If the fight took place anywhere but Abu Dabi it would have been scored 49-46 BJ.

He threw more strikes, landed more strikes, and stuff 95% of Frankie's takedowns.

Frankie only clearly won 1 round.

Add to the fact that Frankie was not popular then he would have had to earn his shot again because BJ was very popular at the time.

What's the point of scoring lower than 10-7?

Also what's the point of bringing up BJ vs gsp 2? Gsp beat BJ so badly he stopped BJ in that fight

So ya I probably would score those 10-7 for gsp he beat him down so bad he made bj quit. That's exactly my point. None if those rounds should b 10-9 gsp. He was so viscous he got a stoppage
So what exactly is your criteria for 10-8? Making someone bleed?

Frankie didn't do enough to win but neither did BJ. you don't win a title fight with a jab alone (or at least shouldn't). if you're going to fight that conservatively, prepare to lose a decision.

and you can take solace in the fact that the same strategy has bitten Frankie as well, over and over again.

You can win a fight with a jab, bro.

Frankie won A CHAMPIONSHIP with movement...

As for the rematch, BJ knew he couldn't hang for 5 rounds of chasing Frankie around again and that's why BJ went for takedowns in the first round...trying to get Frankie down and submit him while they were dry.

It was BJs only chance in the 2nd fight because the judges would've scored it for Frankie based on FANTASTIC movement.

lol

Agreed. There wouldn't have been a rematch 4 months later. The only reason people wanted that fight was to see BJ win decidedly. But they would've fought again 4 years later and BJ would end up tied 1-1 with Edgar

Back