Stigma against men in convertibles

We've had a little nice weather the last couple days

I've never seen so many convertibles in my life this year

Pcp cars everywhere

depends on the car. not gonna judge a guy with a convertible jeep, bronco, scout, or some badass muscle car like a barracuda. i'm gonna judge a guy with a convertible miata.

I had convertible when i lived in the sunshine state. Was great cruisin around getting eyeballed by homos

Convertibles arent supposed to have 4 seats.

boyz-n-the-hood-john-singleton-01-e1477562743965.jpg

Those rules don't apply in the hood

Hahaha was having this discussion just a few days ago with a friend.

Personally I think convertibles are for middle aged men going through a mid life crisis.

I'd own a convertible as long as its not a soft top. Screw the stigma. That's other people's insecurity about themselves owning one reflected onto others. Chicks love em.

i got a z4.. incidentally i have had lots of guys eye fucking my car..

If you want actual statistically significant gayness

Gay men:
1999_jeep_wrangler_2_dr_sahara_4wd_convertible-pic-49530-1600x1200.jpeg

Gay women:
CAB80SUS041A0101.png

Thinly veiled "I got a convertible" brag thread imo.

I've had a convertible in the past and got nothing but positive comments.

The best looking car I've ever seen was a karman Ghia convertible.

You guys probably think I have low standards but whatever. The heart wants what it wants.

1973-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-convertible-lhd.jpg
My father had a silver one when he was in his 20s, I always thought it was pretty awesome car.

Growing up convertibles were universally acknowledged as being cool as shit. I never got the memo that they turned gay at any point.
This is news to me, never heard about it either. I know Miata is known as a woman's car but I also don't get it.

I dunno, man. This looks gayer than Anderson Cooper to me...

109-0932_img.jpg

My G'ma used to have this same car in Tan.

I thought it was just Miatas, not all convertibles.

You pretty much nailed it. I personally can't even fit inside a Miata or S2000 but I heard they're super fun to drive even though they come with a stigma.

If you want actual statistically significant gayness

Gay men:
1999_jeep_wrangler_2_dr_sahara_4wd_convertible-pic-49530-1600x1200.jpeg

Gay women:
CAB80SUS041A0101.png
car stereotypes are funny that way. So many guys think Wranglers are manly, yet they have an overwhelming ratio of female owners. Much moreso than Miatas which these days is mostly driven by track rats who want a cheap car to race on weekends.

Any of you guys have a convertible? Ever encounter people that act like its weird for a man to own one? They claim its gay somehow.

I have a hardtop convertible for my backup car and I absolutely love it. I rarely ever see men driving convertible cars for some reason other than old men in corvettes.

Why is this? They are so liberating especially in a fast car.

What lol? Personally I don't like convertibles, but I've never heard anyone claim it was a gay thing.

Obsessing over what other people think is probably the gayest thing you can do. And I mean that in the non-sexual use of the term.

Obsessing over what other people think is probably the gayest thing you can do. And I mean that in the non-sexual use of the term.
Who said I was obsessing? I drive my convertible with the top down damn near every day so I dont care. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this!

My G'ma used to have this same car in Tan.

You pretty much nailed it. I personally can't even fit inside a Miata or S2000 but I heard they're super fun to drive even though they come with a stigma.

Well, it’s because gay guys love them. That’s why that happened.

Back