Stigma against men in convertibles

plymouth_barracuda_71_nash_bridges.jpg

Whenever I hear people talk about men owning convertibles, this show comes to mind immediately.

Damn that show was on in the late 90's but that pic looks like it's from the 80's

I think the stigma comes from a bunch of popular women's cars that offer convertibles. Miatas, beetles, Mini coopers, sebrings, solaras, z4s all have somewhat feminine styling. They're not terrible, but I can see where that came from. The muscle car/sports car convertibles all scream midlife crisis though.

I'd never own one, because I live in New England and would only be able to put the top down 4 months out of the year.

They are unpractical, not as safe and easier to break in.

just jealousy. most people are massive failures in life and super negative to successful people.

you can tell a lot about someone when you see how they interact around richer and successful people.

So you own a convertible? Just say you like it and be done with it

You can't post that cheese/ Abort abort abort

Hell yes I can. They is the street fight thread right now and the mods arw letting it stay.So if they come at me, we know its cause they racist.

England has more convertibles per head of population than any other country in the world.

That should tell you something.
Do they have a corresponding percentage of gay men?

I think the stigma comes from a bunch of popular women's cars that offer convertibles. Miatas, beetles, Mini coopers, sebrings, solaras, z4s all have somewhat feminine styling. They're not terrible, but I can see where that came from. The muscle car/sports car convertibles all scream midlife crisis though.

I'd never own one, because I live in New England and would only be able to put the top down 4 months out of the year.
That’s a good point. The reasonable “manly” type car convertibles I can think of of the top of my head are Mustangs, Camaros and Corvettes. Besides that then you’re getting into the imports and even those like the 3 series and E class convertibles looks like mom cruisers. So now you’re in the upper echelon imports nearing six figures for a manly top down look like an SL or 911. So not like you’re gonna see those everyday.

Growing up convertibles were universally acknowledged as being cool as shit. I never got the memo that they turned gay at any point.
I believe it started the day the miata was released.

Convertibles are ugly, not gay.

I don't see that the big deal is, and I've never heard anyone say anything bad about a dude driving a convertible. If anything, people may make comments about the type of car they're driving, which incidentally may be a convertible as well. Like for instance, I've heard people talk shit in the past about dudes driving Eclipses, Lebarons, or Beatles.. some convertibles. But having a drop top wasn't the main reason for bagging on them. But I've never heard anyone talk shit about a dude that driving some expensive luxury car or sports car that had a convertible top.

As someone who's owned three Camaros, I never once thought to buy a convertible because it adds weight to the car and slows it down, not because of how people will perceive me while driving it.

As someone who's owned three Camaros, I never once thought to buy a convertible because it adds weight to the car and slows it down, not because of how people will perceive me while driving it.

Also loses rigidity, body twist = shitty launch.

I don't see that the big deal is, and I've never heard anyone say anything bad about a dude driving a convertible. If anything, people may make comments about the type of car they're driving, which incidentally may be a convertible as well. Like for instance, I've heard people talk shit in the past about dudes driving Eclipses, Lebarons, or Beatles.. some convertibles. But having a drop top wasn't the main reason for bagging on them. But I've never heard anyone talk shit about a dude that driving some expensive luxury car or sports car that had a convertible top.

Other than the late 60’s models, convertible Camaros look weird
16183657-770-0@2X.jpg

55098819.jpg

2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-convertible-test-review-car-and-driver-photo-667800-s-original.jpg

You guys are dumb, what if you flip it and your grape pops all over some innocent bystander?

And for what? Because you are having a mid life crisis!?

Do you know how many people die shitting each day?

Be smart, be safe. Don't poop.

If anything, people may make comments about the type of car they're driving, which incidentally may be a convertible as well. Like for instance, I've heard people talk shit in the past about dudes driving Eclipses, Lebarons, or Beatles.. some convertibles.

Nothing wrong with an Eclipse.

For many years I coveted the shit out the green Eclipse from the first Fast and Furious movie. Kind of feel like I've outgrown it now, but I still think Eclipses are all right.

Brians_Mitsubishi-Eclipse.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back