Media STIFF AS A BOARD

ScarceMiserableDogwoodtwigborer-size_restricted.gif

Lindland/Belfort and Askren/Mas are the two that come to mind first

I remember that. About the dumbest showboating KO i've seen. I mean if you're GONNA showboat then just make damn sure you don't get KO'd in the middle of it. He didn't seem to get that memo.
I think he was trying to imitate Garbrandt during the Cruz fight. Glad he got KO'd trying to "do that thing I saw in the UFC" (him, probably).

There were rumors wondering if Tre died.

He was KOed BADLY and The broadcast never showed him conscious after that.
Never mentioned again on UFC TV - almost like he was a guy written out of a TV show or something. Was wild.

Damn, I didn't realize Curtis' legs froze when I watched the fight the first time. He literally topples over like a tree.

Poor guy has the worst luck - arguably the most well rounded fighter in the division (and Stipe), but has difficulty performing when it matters most. I don't see him ever winning the title. Not from a lack of skill, but it will be a hard sell to have him get a title match (unless he goes on a 5+ winning streak)
Totally agree. I was rooting for him because a young (for HW) grappler who can hold his own on his feet is what HW needs more of. The other grapplers either just stand and bang anyway or are like Oleynik who is just a rusty punching bag in the striking department.

That was a lazy, slow shot from Blaydes. Beast dropped level ready for that shot.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Abdul Razak Alhasan vs Chaos Williams yet. That one was recent and was extremely brutal!

This guy had a really sad story after this KO, check it out! He had so many health problems from that KO

That ending really wasn’t what Quarry wanted. He wound up on the wrong end of a brutal first-round knockout. Afterward, he was forced to undergo spinal fusion back surgery, a procedure that probably should have ended his career right there. As he healed, ongoing personnel issues prompted him to leave his longtime training home, Team Quest in Oregon. Then he got into a custody battle with the mother of his daughter.

“All this is happening as I’m healing from this surgery, and nobody thought it was even possible [that I’d fight again],” he said.

Miraculously, Quarry did recover. Almost two years after his loss to Franklin, he called the UFC looking for another fight.

Last edited:
Back