STFU with the interim title nonsense

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
RDA just DEFENDED his title 3 months ago this fight was a FAVOR if you ask me. Most champs other than Conor now and Ronda ever fight every 3 months with their belts on the line. If the ufc strip RDA of the title because he got HURT training for this fight then they are a bunch of assholes. give rda a break this is a horrific injury at the worst time, but at least he wanted to fight right away and was ready to do so until Friday.

Don't say that to us... it's Dana who is the problem.

I don't give a shit if its for a banana Peel. Just get someone in there. We already missed a day.

Not sure why anyone cares. Every one calls an interim belt nothing.

He should be stripped.

Dude got his title in March 15 and has only fought once since. Pulled out of 2 fights.

Conor is the only champ UFC should have. The rest are a bunch of cowards who are too afraid to fight.

IF there was a interim title the UFC wouldnt be "stripping" RDA of anything. Hes still the Champ. He has the real belt.

If Conor fights for an interim title then Frankie should be able to fight for an interim title. After that we can all pretend they are both 2 division champions.......

Well look at it this way, Conor freaking has to be the main event regardless who his fighting. Conor won't accept anything less then the main event spot and UFC won't either. If Conor is not in the main event then UFC is not milking his fame to its fullest.

You can't justify put a none title fight over Holm and Tate which is a title fight. There for UFC has to bullshit a interim belt just like they did with Aldo.

Also remember this can't be a 145 title fight either, is not fair to ask Conor to cut back down to 145 at such short notice after all the gain his made.

Last edited:
If Conor fights for an interim title then Frankie should be able to fight for an interim title. After that we can all pretend they are both 2 division champions.......

You get an interim belt! You get an interim belt!

Everybody gets an interim belt!!!

oprah-free-car.gif

Last edited:
He should be stripped.

Dude got his title in March 15 and has only fought once since. Pulled out of 2 fights.

Conor is the only champ UFC should have. The rest are a bunch of cowards who are too afraid to fight.
2 months ago

Wait...are people actually asking for that. Gtfo lol.

RDA just DEFENDED his title 3 months ago this fight was a FAVOR if you ask me. Most champs other than Conor now and Ronda ever fight every 3 months with their belts on the line. If the ufc strip RDA of the title because he got HURT training for this fight then they are a bunch of assholes. give rda a break this is a horrific injury at the worst time, but at least he wanted to fight right away and was ready to do so until Friday.

Connor McGregor went up in weight for this title fight, so he deserves to get something if he wins against a top fighter at 155llbs. Otherwise, he isn't being rewarded enough for the trouble of putting on muscle and going up. Giving him an interim title if he wins doesn't take anything away from RDA, who has the real belt. I think this should happen all the time when someone doesn't show up to fight due to injury.

Quoted for truth.

Connor McGregor went up in weight for this title fight, so he deserves to get something if he wins against a top fighter at 155llbs. Otherwise, he isn't being rewarded enough for the trouble of putting on muscle and going up. Giving him an interim title if he wins doesn't take anything away from RDA, who has the real belt. I think this should happen all the time when someone doesn't show up to fight due to injury.

He is going to get something, he's going to get a big paycheck .. you know, that thing that he was in it for from the beginning.

What bobthebuilder said, plus:

Conor is undefeated in the UFC, on a huge MMA win streak, a former 155 champ outside the UFC, was betting favorite against champion RDA, and is a mega star.

People shouldn't have a problem with him fighting for an interim title.

Conor has never defended any title he has held in mma.

It's actually more like 2 months ago. He fought in the end of December.

Back