News Stevie Ray off; Marc Diakiese faces newcomer Jai Herbert at March London/FN event-UPDATED

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://mmadna.nl/marc-diakiese-krijgt-nieuwe-tegenstander-na-uitvallen-stevie-ray-voor-ufc-london/

SIR

Marc Diakiese gets a new opponent after the failure of Stevie Ray for UFC London

Marc Diakiese needs a new opponent for UFC Fight Night 171 in London on March 21, 2020. Stevie Ray has withdrawn from the fight for unknown reasons. The UFC has since found a new opponent for Diakiese. Who that is will be announced later.

updated to add:
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...ray-vs-marc-diakiese-ufc-london-cage-warriors

Cage Warriors champ Jai Herbert replaces Stevie Ray, takes on Marc Diakiese at UFC London

Jai Herbert will get a shot at the big leagues.

Herbert (10-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), the Cage Warriors lightweight champion, has stepped in to replace an injured Stevie Ray (23-9 MMA, 7-4 UFC) to take on Marc Diakiese (14-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) in a lightweight bout at UFC on ESPN+ 29. MMA Junkie confirmed the booking with a person with knowledge of the matchup following an initial reported from Newsome.

UFC on ESPN+ 29 takes place March 21 at The O2 in London. The card streams on ESPN+.

Herbert won the vacant Cage Warriors lightweight belt this past summer when he stopped Jack Grant. Ag Cage Warriors 109 this past October, he defended it with a first-round finish of former UFC and Bellator fighter Cain Carrizosa. The 31-year-old is on a six-fight winning streak.

Diakiese, a former BAMMA lightweight champion, has back-to-back decision wins over Joseph Duffy and Lando Vannata. Prior to that, the 26-year-old was on a three-fight losing skid.

Last edited:
That sucks but at least they have plenty of time to search for a good opponent for Diakiese.

Dang that was gonna be a banger, but at least we’re 2 months out and they can probably hook him up

Fun fact: I met Stevie Ray in an airport once. I worked there whilst I was at university and he was flying out.

My man was flying with EasyJet. Chuckled to myself and thought about Dana’s snow filled driveway. I guess it’s true what they say:

DD61D790-50CE-441B-9B9B-499670C9FCCF.jpeg

This was Ray's opportunity to make some noise and not just be a prelim fighter. Must be a serious injury

Feed Conor to Diakiese

He's a lot better than the 15-16 flyweight can that tapped Conor out

Herbert could well be the tougher fight from what I've seen of him, very well deserved UFC opportunity.

Herbert's a good signing and this will be a banger. I expect Diakiese to wrestle here.

If Stevie Ray is out surely he should have tagged in Booker T

Always liked Booker Ts brother

If Stevie Ray is out surely he should have tagged in Booker T

Finish him with a sidewalk slam yeah haha

Seriously though, good replacement fight. Rooting for Jai

'The Black Country Banger' isn't a nickname that most of you here will understand.

Back