Stevenson vs Herring Oct.23rd

Impressive stuff from the young man. He certainly looks to have all the qualities to stay at the top. He dominated Herring pretty easily. Perhaps the only thing he is lacking is KO power but he makes up for it with speed and ability.
Sounds weird but not having ko power is probably his best weapon, often young fighters dont develop skills and mature fast enough when they have ko power, Berlanga is a perfect example.

Shakur Stevenson absolutely dominated and schooled Herring bad... Shakur is going to be a very tough fighter to beat for a long time...

i don't think anyone at 130 will beat stevenson. he's a superb athlete and a great boxer... but he does seem to be a complete twat outside of the ring so i wouldn't be shocked at all if he had trouble there. who's next for him now? has he called anyone out yet?
I bet Colbert can beat him

When you are so good that you blast out the competition so badly, the right move, even if it’s risky and crazy, should be to keep going up in weight classes. Never stick around fighting the Robert guerreros or Víctor Ortiz of the boxing world until you retire undefeated.

Sounds weird but not having ko power is probably his best weapon, often young fighters dont develop skills and mature fast enough when they have ko power, Berlanga is a perfect example.
Good point. He might be able to move up the weights better too because he won't be worried about not being able to stop bigger opponents.

That's a bit of a false flag from Shakur. He knows Loma isn't coming down from 135lb to meet him so of course he can say what he wants. I think he'd give Loma a very good fight even at this stage however. Who knows though, maybe Loma will move when he can't get the Lopez fight. Lopez pretty much stated he will never give Loma a rematch, even if uncle Bob seems keen on it.

Man LW is just annoying. You've got a bunch of talented guys and none of them will fight each other... i know we've had fights between individuals that never came to be or came too late, but 5 guys that aren't fighting each is mind blowing to me.

Man LW is just annoying. You've got a bunch of talented guys and none of them will fight each other... i know we've had fights between individuals that never came to be or came too late, but 5 guys that aren't fighting each is mind blowing to me.
Yeah it's a damn shame they won't fight. Maybe they could do a World Boxing Super Series at LW.

I'm not sure about that. Colbert is versatile and talented, but I think Stevenson can play it safe and outbox him fairly comfortably.
maybe, but I'm just really impressed with Colbert. I think Stevenson gets caught looking dumb if he fights Colbert and can't really establish a rhythm.

The Valdez from a couple weeks ago would get schooled pretty bad by Stevenson

Well, he has shown countless times that he tended to fight at his opponent's level. I won't ever overlook him again after the treatment he gave Berchelt. Of course Stevenson is a different beast, but pundits gave Valdez a snowball's chance in hell to beat el Alacran and he showed up with the perfect gameplan. If Stevenson leaves him anything to thrive on he will.

Well, he has shown countless times that he tended to fight at his opponent's level. I won't ever overlook him again after the treatment he gave Berchelt. Of course Stevenson is a different beast, but pundits gave Valdez a snowball's chance in hell to beat el Alacran and he showed up with the perfect gameplan. If Stevenson leaves him anything to thrive on he will.

And that's why everyone, myself included, thought Berchelt would smoke Valdez, as he'd looked as average as can be since moving up. Then when the occasion called he stepped up in a big way, then back down to average town against Conceicao, but Shakur has been shitting on Valdez for about a year or so now, and if that doesn't motivate Valdez to be better then i don't know what will.

Yeah it's a damn shame they won't fight. Maybe they could do a World Boxing Super Series at LW.

It would probably end up like the one they did at BW where someone would refuse to enter or they'd pull out if they got an unfavourable matchup. Fuck, if all the champs entered the BW super series Naoya would have unified by now. Cowards!

It would probably end up like the one they did at BW where someone would refuse to enter or they'd pull out if they got an unfavourable matchup. Fuck, if all the champs entered the BW super series Naoya would have unified by now. Cowards!
Yeah likely you'd be right. And they didn't want any of the Monster.

It is kinda nuts. Sorry guys, we boxing fans are looking to see the best in the world, not 5 individual growing brands all being made to look equally efficient at crushing lesser opposition. Stevenson not being at LW is obnoxious too because he fits right in that fold, and he wants to bark at 130 where no one can touch him.

It is kinda nuts. Sorry guys, we boxing fans are looking to see the best in the world, not 5 individual growing brands all being made to look equally efficient at crushing lesser opposition. Stevenson not being at LW is obnoxious too because he fits right in that fold, and he wants to bark at 130 where no one can touch him.

If Shakur moved up we'd have 6 guys not fighting... i can't, i just can't.

Back