Stevenson vs Herring Oct.23rd

I missed the fight, but it seemed like Stevenson was dominant against a legitimate titlist and a decent challenger. Can't find fault with that.

Didn't like the pre-fight antics from Shakur, but i've got to give it to him that was a good performance. It wasn't otherworldly like some online are saying but it was better than his previous fight for sure.

Only Colbert and Valdez are acceptable now.

stevenson looked awesome, but i was surprised herring managed to somewhat shift momentum in the middle rounds by pressing him back. he was landing good stuff there, roughing shakur up, and then he got hit with 2 good right hooks and stopped doing it.

i don't think anyone at 130 will beat stevenson. he's a superb athlete and a great boxer... but he does seem to be a complete twat outside of the ring so i wouldn't be shocked at all if he had trouble there. who's next for him now? has he called anyone out yet?

stevenson looked awesome, but i was surprised herring managed to somewhat shift momentum in the middle rounds by pressing him back. he was landing good stuff there, roughing shakur up, and then he got hit with 2 good right hooks and stopped doing it.

i don't think anyone at 130 will beat stevenson. he's a superb athlete and a great boxer... but he does seem to be a complete twat outside of the ring so i wouldn't be shocked at all if he had trouble there. who's next for him now? has he called anyone out yet?

Mr Clean.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...nification-fight-after-stopping-jamel-herring

In case anyone missed these last night, you've got a debutant getting KOTY contender -

Evander Holyfield's son in action -

An Olympian's pro debut -

and one of boxing top prospects (no, not Terence Crawford) making a slight step up in competition in Xander Zayas -

He knows what he's talking about but he's engulfing Shakur like a fluffer.

I thought the previous fight was worse. Young prospect demolishes part time fighter and Bradley wouldn't STFU about greatness.

Stevenson looked good. His stock raised quite a bit in my eyes after this fight.

I thought the previous fight was worse. Young prospect demolishes part time fighter and Bradley wouldn't STFU about greatness.

Stevenson looked good. His stock raised quite a bit in my eyes after this fight.

He couldn't have looked better. Felt bad for Herring. Still, the commentary team for ESPN outside of Tessitore needs an overhaul.

would be pretty dope but i kind of doubt it will happen.

i fear shakur will go the crawford road.

Although i agree, at least Valdez and Shakur are both with TR, so there is a slight chance it happens. Shakur followed Valdez to this division and now they're both champ, so unless Arum wants to let it marinate for years they should fight next year.

Boxing is boxing though so who knows. Though i would like Shakur vs Colbert at some point too.

I didn’t see it as that an improbability if it were a ref stoppage or towel throw. I didn’t expect a flat out KO though. But shakur was indeed the best I’ve seen yesterday

Impressive stuff from the young man. He certainly looks to have all the qualities to stay at the top. He dominated Herring pretty easily. Perhaps the only thing he is lacking is KO power but he makes up for it with speed and ability.

Impressive stuff from the young man. He certainly looks to have all the qualities to stay at the top. He dominated Herring pretty easily. Perhaps the only thing he is lacking is KO power but he makes up for it with speed and ability.
I felt like he was landing pretty hard last night. It seems like when one’s opponent wants to sit behind a high guard and not engage, you tend to see a lot of terrible beatings, but not a lot of clean kayos.

I missed the fight but looks like it was an impressive showing. Herring was certainly a big step-up in competition and Shakur dismantled him. Definitely a good sign for his future prospects. Valdez has to be next right?

I felt like he was landing pretty hard last night. It seems like when one’s opponent wants to sit behind a high guard and not engage, you tend to see a lot of terrible beatings, but not a lot of clean kayos.
He was working his punches around that guard. There is nothing wrong with not being a KO artist and Shakur doesn't seem to be one.

Props to Stevenson. That’s a bit of a weird stoppage but a good win. A Valdez fight would be a treat.

Herring will, I suspect, look back and realize he could have made the fight much closer by listening to his corner. He had a stretch where he was somewhat in the fight. I hate it for him, he lost his title in such a one sided bout.

I missed the fight but looks like it was an impressive showing. Herring was certainly a big step-up in competition and Shakur dismantled him. Definitely a good sign for his future prospects. Valdez has to be next right?

I don't know if this works for you US guys but i'll post it anyway -

• I just hope Stevenson doesnt end up being another Crawford by beating up weak competition, they both look unbeatable against them but we’ll never know how truly skilled they are against the top 5, in Shakur’s defense he’s only 24 and is close to his peak and hopefully he leaves Top Rank when he does reach his peak.
  • Edit: I know Herring was champ but, he’s always looked slightly above average

Back