Steven Seagal Will Be Flying Into Vegas to Help Daniel Cormier for His Fight

Banned him from being behind backstage at one of his fights or some shit. Google Jon Jones bans seagull from dressing room or whatever it is and you should have your answer.

Thanks. Yeah I googled around and found this. He was kind of making fun of some of the things that Seagal told him on the phone and didn't want to get too close to a guy that "trains" Machida, since Jon knew he was going to be fighting him soon at that point. He said he'd rather be cornered by Jet-Li. LOL.

Jon Jones explains why he kept Steven Seagal away

September 29th 2011

Jon Jones has revealed why he barred former action movie star Steven Seagal from entering his dressing room prior to last weekend’s fight with Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson.

Speaking to Jim Rome of the ‘Rome Is Burning’ sports show in the US, he also revealed that he thinks he will be facing Lyoto Machida in the near future.

“You never know what people’s motives are,” he said when asked to explain why he had turned down Seagal’s request to join him in the dressing room pre-fight.

“And especially to chat with a guy that coaches Lyoto Machida… [because] Machida is definitely a guy I am gonna fight in the near future. I didn’t want to share my psychology with him or who I am leading up to the fight, anything that would put me at a disadvantage leading up to the fight.

“So I just told him no and he kind of stayed away. And it can be confusing as well to have someone give you last second advice, it can be detrimental.”

Jones’ voice was level when he relayed this information but he cracked up when Rome began questioning what possible use Seagal could be to a modern mixed martial artist. Seagal has links to Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida but, for those who don’t know, that was all orchestrated via a Brazilian PR team. Seagal possibly isn’t in on the joke and thinks its all serious.

“I am not sure how he got my number… He was just like, ‘Hey listen, I think you are gonna win and when I predict someone will win I am never wrong.’ and ‘I have a few things I want to go over with you…’ - it was all very strange,” Jones laughed.

“I don’t wanna badmouth him too bad, he had good intentions I think, but yeah, I definitely didn’t want to have him part of my corner… I could see Jet Li [doing it though], that would be pretty cool.”

Thanks. Yeah I googled around and found this. He was kind of making fun of some of the things that Seagal told him on the phone and didn't want to get too close to a guy that "trains" Machida, since Jon knew he was going to be fighting him soon at that point. He said he'd rather be cornered by Jet-Li. LOL.

Lol i'd rather have jet-li in my corner too.

Pretty sure this gif is obligatory in any sea gull thread.

Steven-Seagal-dancing.gif

54004d1358201770-valvoline-shell-aww-jeez-not-crap-again.jpg

Steven hasn't been the same since Leonard Nimoy asked for his toupet back :icon_cry2

steven-seagal.jpg

Seagal is the ultimate bandwagon jumper. Tried with Jones as well, but Jon declined.

I think he could actually be a help. If he's pissed off enough, maybe he went over a lot of Jones' fights for tendencies and sees something he could exploit with whatever martial art he is advanced in. Any guy that specializes in a striking art like he does is going to see something unique to his are of expertise.

Lol. Ya Steven seagal sure makes a lot of sense. I bet he sees a lot of holes in Jons game, Jon better pray to Jesus, God, Satan or whatever he pretends to worship all the time because hell need it, Master Seagal is at the study hard at work for his student Cormier.

With all that said you bring some valid points to the table so Cormier via Anderson-esque front kick KO, don't see it going any other way really, you have me convinced I must say.

latest

Part Count Chocula and part Elvis :)

Lol. Ya Steven seagal sure makes a lot of sense. I bet he sees a lot of holes in Jons game, Jon better pray to Jesus, God, Satan or whatever he pretends to worship all the time because hell need it, Master Seagal is at the study hard at work for his student Cormier.

With all that said you bring some valid points to the table so Cormier via Anderson-esque front kick KO, don't see it going any other way really, you have me convinced I must say.

aikido is much more than kicks,you clown

I heard Jones was conducting some sort of ritual involving a pink gi to ward off Master Seagal's negative chi energy.

Back