Steve Jennum and Ninjitsu was legit...dude fought like a modern MMA fighter!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I hate the fact that he gets mocked for being a ninja cop and even in the video below is a comedic highlight with karate kid music. But damn, the dude could fight standing up a bit and stood with a ranked pro boxer. He also had a strong clinch by going for a Karo Parisyan style judo throw and hitting an armbar like prime Ronda.

I know that there is lots of goofy ninja cults and that it is being associated with silly kids movies and all. But the techniques are legit and they are done well. Its extra impressive because of the unknown nature of UFC gave lots of fighters lots of anxiety and yet Steve went in and took care of business like a super champ!

If he had boxing fundamentals on top of his skills, he could legit been a GOAT fighter.

He had surprisingly well rounded skills, but just not athletic enough

In the highlight you provided Jennum was subbing into the finals against Harold Howard who had already fought twice that night and was gassed going in. But goat fighter for sure if you ignore all that.

<mma4>

Thanks for the history lesson.

Scott Morris was also a "Ninjitsu" practitioner when he fought Pat Smith in UFC 2. Guess which one is Scott...

2.gif

In the highlight you provided Jennum was subbing into the finals against Harold Howard who had already fought twice that night and was gassed going in. But goat fighter for sure if you ignore all that.

Even more impressive because he used the Ninja way to cash in on a great opportunity by picking the right battles and avoiding unnecessary fights.

Ninjutsu is actually pretty bad ass as long as you are aware it's for teaching use of weapons and tactics for survival and not for fighting professionally. Anyone who thinks that in this day and age is crazy

Didn’t Howard only fight once before this? Because Royce threw in the towel?

I hate the fact that he gets mocked for being a ninja cop and even in the video below is a comedic highlight with karate kid music. But damn, the dude could fight standing up a bit and stood with a ranked pro boxer. He also had a strong clinch by going for a Karo Parisyan style judo throw and hitting an armbar like prime Ronda.

I know that there is lots of goofy ninja cults and that it is being associated with silly kids movies and all. But the techniques are legit and they are done well. Its extra impressive because of the unknown nature of UFC gave lots of fighters lots of anxiety and yet Steve went in and took care of business like a super champ!

If he had boxing fundamentals on top of his skills, he could legit been a GOAT fighter.

To be fair he came in as an injury replacement and fought Harold when Harold had already fought and Jennum was fresh.

you went too far with all that, but started out right imo. unusually well rounded for the time

Unfortunately, he went on to fight in Kumite but lost to Kung Pao.

Scott Morris was also a "Ninjitsu" practitioner when he fought Pat Smith in UFC 2. Guess which one is Scott...

2.gif

The ninja actually had a pretty cool sub in that tournament, no chance against Pat Smith though.

Good old days when one guy could outweigh the other by like 50 pounds.

Back