Steve Ballmer buys Clips for $2BN

Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne

lol, just send me the sig and av, Revolver. I accept my fate. Even if this deal falls through, I doubt the actual deal will be less than 1.5 at this point.

Sterling civil war.

Poor Donald looking at his family like, Et Tu?

312692643.gif

lol, just send me the sig and av, Revolver. I accept my fate. Even if this deal falls through, I doubt the actual deal will be less than 1.5 at this point.

I guess Ballmer's bid was $1.8BN.

I'll have to send it the next time I'm on a pc. Going out of town and probably won't be back til Monday.

Shit, wish it was a clean 2. Im already proud of the dude for rustling jimmies.

A cool $662 million in capital gains taxes

the public hates sterling so much that he can sell the team for more than double its value

looks like I won my bet
I was going to weigh in, but I wasn't about to piggyback. Shit, when has a franchise sold in the last 6 years that wasn't sold for at least 25% more than the market valuation? The Bucks talk about how they're broke, then they get bought for $550m. Needless to say, there was no better investment for a wealthy man in the late 70's and throughout the 80's than an NBA basketball team. On the other hand, I recall that article that either Simmons or Stein wrote where he asked an unnamed American billionaire, "When do you plan on buying your own team?" The guy responded, "When they're not overpriced".

If the Lakers sold today, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for close to $4bn.

not bad for a team that doesn't own an arena.

Ballmer went to the same high school as Chris Webber (not at the same time of course).

They're not worth anywhere near that...but it's either spend it on the Clippers or wipe his ass with it for somebody that loaded.

Here's to hoping he buys out of the new lease the Clippers signed with Staples, and he and that can Christopher Hansen get their precious team in Seattle.

Who declared him incapacitated? This shit isn't close to being over.

I read they make a little above a 100 million in revenue each year. don't know how this valuation makes sense.

It's just a way for a billionaire to swing his dick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back