Steve "2 lb" Forbes = Genius

prontostar

Gymmy TUNDAH!
@red
Reaction score
It takes a special individual to crack the code of Floyd Mayweather Sr:

Wow, Forbes must have spent hours deciphering that tricky code.

Forbes should have spent more time cracking the code of Felix Sturm.

You know, the one where you clearly outbox Oscar de la Hoya but don't get the decision because he's Oscar de la Hoya.

Forbes should have spent more time cracking the code of Felix Sturm.

You know, the one where you clearly outbox Oscar de la Hoya but don't get the decision because he's Oscar de la Hoya.

But Forbes ain't as big and as strong as Sturm is. I remember that fight pretty well. I think it ruined my day.

There is no way Forbes will win a decision, whether he deserves it or not. No man will ruin the mega payday all round for Oscar/Floyd II.

So really his only chance is to knock Oscar out. And lets face it, that isn't happening anytime soon.

There is no way Forbes will win a decision, whether he deserves it or not. No man will ruin the mega payday all round for Oscar/Floyd II.

So really his only chance is to knock Oscar out. And lets face it, that isn't happening anytime soon.

Agree 100%. The judges will find a way to give Oscar the decision even if undeserved--sad but true.

Agree 100%. The judges will find a way to give Oscar the decision even if undeserved--sad but true.

Yeah, just like the Tito fight, and the second SSM fight. Fucking judges.....DLH ALWAYS gets the decision.

Even if a judge isn't bought and paid for, they may not see it like you do.

ps... Sturm WAS boned.

Yeah, just like the Tito fight, and the second SSM fight. Fucking judges.....DLH ALWAYS gets the decision.

That's different circumstances though. Those were the big money fights.

Oscar is never going to lose a decision in the warm up to the big fight.

That's different circumstances though. Those were the big money fights.

Oscar is never going to lose a decision in the warm up to the big fight.

I think you could say that about many house fighters. PBF has benefitted, Ike Quartey has benefitted, Ricky Hatton, Manny Pac, Ricardo Lopez(Rosendo Alverez 1), JC Chavez(Miguel Angel Gonzelez), Lennox Lewis(Holyfield 2/Ray Mercer), etc. DLH doesnt get anymore favor than any of these guys did. He just has a big shining light on him at all times and takes on more criticism as a result imo.

I think you could say that about many house fighters. PBF has benefitted, Ike Quartey has benefitted, Ricky Hatton, Manny Pac, Ricardo Lopez(Rosendo Alverez 1), JC Chavez(Miguel Angel Gonzelez), Lennox Lewis(Holyfield 2/Ray Mercer), etc. DLH doesnt get anymore favor than any of these guys did. He just has a big shining light on him at all times and takes on more criticism as a result imo.

I don't disagree that the same holds true for other fighters. However, I think the difference here is two-fold--first, PBF DLH will be huge money like the first fight and will probably receive another profitable 24/7 from HBO leading up to the fight; and second, DLH through GB is the promoter in the fight so the money beyond the promotion is in the ring against Forbes.

Even if a judge isn't bought and paid for, they may not see it like you do.

ps... Sturm WAS boned.

Unlike here, the money was already there for the fights you mention. A victory here for DLH leads to the money fight with PBF. Precisely why PBF pulled Roger out of Forbes' corner, i.e. to try and ensure a Forbes loss.

Back